With a heavy heart

You all made this game more enjoyable. I would of been gone a long time ago if I hadn’t met you guys. You truly are special.

3 Likes

23 posts were merged into an existing topic: Thoughts & feelings

Just for the record, we run a big guild, we have made many friends, this was the easiest way to let people know why we are gone for good and to allow them time to find somewhere else to live and other information. Some people are just negative little insert curse word :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Plonkers lol

3 Likes

I taught you well!

2 Likes

Haven’t said a single bad thing about the game. I love the game. As previously mentioned, I know all of my guildies are on the forum. It’s important for us who have made actual connections to people to let them know what’s happening. You could simply not comment on the posts that trigger you. That would make more sense than hijacking an entire forum post to make an irrelevant point about something no one cares for your opinion on.

20 Likes

Sad to see you both go, mostly for selfish reasons :grin:. Our boundless journey together was just getting started over at the permadeath.
In anycase I’m so glad I had the short time I did to finally get to know you guys well and it was interesting swapping war stories.
I saw first hand the some of the toxicity on Gellis when people began closing us in.
I will never understand people who go out of their way to mess with others especially in this environment which for the most part has been a really awesome community. After our conversations it’s funny how it’s the same few names that crop up which atleast means it a few toxic people rather than a whole guild that’s not good.
You will be missed and i look forward to joining you both in another game soon.

7 Likes

I’m really sad you guys are leaving us. I’ve heard so many awesome things about you both. I don’t think you know me, but I’ve got a few friends that joined your hunts…and I know you’re both going to be greatly missed. Sending much love, peace, and hugs :hugs:
(I’m happy you found someone to take over the Mall, I really enjoy shopping there :heart: )

5 Likes

Personally i do investigate what the game is about… I hope People rly do so… Cause 40€ is not low price For this game. If they choose To buy it after seeing whats up with the game currently… Good For them… But i dont understand New players that are angry For the game… They bought it… All the relevant info was there

3 Likes

always sad to see people leave who have had a positive impact on the community as a whole and even sadder to see the leaving is influenced by a very small minority who choose to purposefully, for small-minded reasons of their own, have a negative affect on the boundless community in game.
hope you find a friendly place to land.

7 Likes

As I am not on discord, I actually appreciate your thread, Beth, Spoodle. It is thoughtful of you not to just leave without giving a heads up. I am truly sorry that something has been turned from pleasure to illness because of incredibly childish behaviour. You have never said anything negative about Boundless, it isn’t the game, it’s living, breathing human beings that have soured this. I am not in the Brown Town inner circle, I would have been left wondering what is happening to Shhh Guild if you hadn’t posted this. So, thank you for considering other people. I so hope that with time you both will come back. Even us introverts enjoyed your energy. Take good care of yourselves. And never mind the bllx :+1::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

I’m really sad to see you go, but I completely understand your reasons. I’m rarely on myself anymore, but I have fond memories of shouting down to your hunts from the Sky Diamond and having conversations as you passed by. I even participated in a few hunts myself.

Your post was 100% fine and a good way to let people know you’re leaving. Don’t let the negative folk get to you, as it seems they’ve already won. :pensive:

4 Likes

Ohhh no bethy n spoodle!!! Tou guys cant leave!!! I completly understand where you are coming from. Boundless for me is no longer the same as it used to be for me. You guys are amazing! Please make sure you keep in touch with me!!! Love always, Lorelie

6 Likes

You were our first friend! I’ll make sure I bug you every now and then :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words everyone. I will miss you all and if we decide to return at some point, I hope to see some of your amazing faces around.

8 Likes

Very sad to see you guys go especially under such circumstances. I wasn’t a part of your guild or anything but I did really enjoy your organised hunts as they where always at the perfect time for me plus I could die as often as I wanted without feeling embarrassed. If you ever get the urge to start again Sochaltin I is a good planet with plenty of room.

5 Likes

I guess it depends where you draw the line between “constant negativity” and “genuine feedback”. If I knew nothing about Boundless and was researching it as a potential game, I’d much rather have a glimpse at the truth than the sugar-coated veneer that suppressing anything negative would create.

And lets face it, authoritarianism on a forum doesn’t work. People just move their feedback elsewhere and then point to the official moderated forums, highlight that it’s clearly a one-sided viewpoint and not to be trusted as a single source of truth.

Honestly, I’m more shocked that we’ve got people who are veritable pillars of the community leaving and the official comments have still been deafeningly silent. The community is the best part of Boundless.

13 Likes

Sorry to see you go. Good luck with everything beyond boundless. :beers:

7 Likes

Even though I don’t remember ever interacting with you, I do know you’ve been around for a good while and I do wish you good luck on whatever you do next. :wink:

Are we talking forum people being toxic or in-game people being toxic? I haven’t been following anything about Brown Town.

Well… in-game toxicity can manifest through low-key griefing.
I’ve had issues with someone who actively wanted to mess with me in-game over a forum debate. Didn’t go well for him at the end, but for me it was straight-up unbearable for like 4 good months. I was considering leaving the game over that back then.

Now however, if we’re talking about forum toxicity disturbing your in-game experience, the obvious solution would rather seem to be to simply stop using the forum for a while, or mute the people you REALLY don’t like…

3 Likes

I completely agree with this part. I think some people have misunderstood what my real problems are.

2 Likes