World "Builds" thread

I recommend to everyone to take a picture of the order form using the windows sniping tool (Windows Key + S) and then just draw a little box around the things you picked.

Then open windows paint and paste (ctrl+v) the little box into the image and then save it, when the planet rolls take pictures of the states and save it again…

3 Likes

Been doing a little more experimenting for fun and to kill time. :slight_smile:

Have a new Chill of Alycon, Azura, not sure if it or Ristas is the better keeper as a Stardrop/Sapphire Maze area world. :thinking: On Azura, I sacrificed more land to try to get more Maze area, and used Olympus hoping for a good merge, but seems pretty comparable to the other. I won’t keep both so open to feedback.

Also did a new T5, Amethystium, portal linked in the Serp Diamond Mine off TNT. Good amethyst world, and I linked it to a Cube Field since I’m wanting a bunch of dark glass for a build.

I tried something here too… I took it out now, but I am playing with fully-charged minters to see if there is a quicker/better way to go than fossils to ancient essence there. Dark Glass mints for 560c a SS fully charged on a minter, so played with it with various hammers. You can make coin off it, but, a better way-

If you have a T1 gleam farm, just park a fully charged minter there. With a mining build and a T3 dura+ hammer from EZPZ, which is 4,200c, can make around 8k coins off each hammer (I was at a bit over 6k with the dark glass in profit with a T6 dura+ for 8k). Goes pretty quick too. No worries about selling things, and you don’t get the time gap like with the fossils. That said, most profit per hammer on non-exos still going to be T6 Corrosive amethyst mining from all I’ve seen.

4 Likes

New build I’ve been playing with - T3 Hunting Grounds, which also makes for some great build sites. The idea here is minimize any obstructions to vision and walking (so no thick forests), level or only gently rolling elevation, minimal water. Minimize holes in the ground as much as possible too, though luck there even with the better biomes. This build is pretty good for gathering various blocks too.

Have two of these off Ceph now, most recent one, Hircine, is the following build. The other, Hunting Ground, I used Gleam Lake on (gives large water bodies which I’m trying to avoid) and Savannah (decent but some bushes get in the way of running).

Lv. 2 -
Flower Field
Garden Lawn
Mud Flats
Prairie

Lv. 3 -
Flat Desert
Flower Field 2 - might sub out this one for Palm Desert or Oasis, it is hilly, though gives good views.
Salt Flat
Strata Slice (This and Salt Flat give very easy build sites)
Soiled

Lv. 4 - Tough here, no real great picks, but all of these are pretty easy to traverse, without massive hills or holes.
Elephant Graveyard
No Man’s Land
Floating Islands

Lv. 5 -
Beaches.

3 Likes

did that @bucfanpaka - hunting worlds t3 and t4

from t4 - cant remember entire list of biomes, but i think the one with spiral lush vertical tree-like thingys is good; only wavy hills and the spiral trees are narrow and scattered loosely around so no real obstructions

cant remember for sure its t4 biome though; might be t3?

from t5: large meteor strike is a hit for hunting, as is desert pools; easy to hunt around those

1 Like

Yep, Desert Pools can be used in place of Beaches, forgot to mention that. :slight_smile: Large meteor strike a good idea too.

Biome selection a lot better with a T3 than a T4 IMO here, if going for speed and ease. Curious if anybody else tries these out what they think. I’m going to try to do some solo speed hunting for Oort.

1 Like

this is the original opening thread - I wasn’t smart enough to register biome list there :blush:

1 Like

checked the biome list and it was spiral tree plain I meant but it is t3 as I suspected it might be

but for t4 I took tiered mountains: few trees and its more like hills; not steep and easy to traverse

1 Like

Thanks, good to know! :smiley: I was sort of looking at tiered mountains there too. :thinking: I might do another roll sometime soon and mix it up a little.

1 Like

also - if you have that 1 or 2 biomes that are not very hunt-friendly and you couldn’t avoid them, what you do is add more flat and easy t2/t3 biomes (meaning 4-8 above the minimum required in total; go for all possible lawns, farm fields etc);

that should “crowd” the space and make the less wanted biomes rarer and smaller in size

1 Like

from experience - beautiful for hunting; great views as you mentioned, and very easy to climb

indeed :sunglasses: after going through a dozen or so testing worlds, I have designated strata slice one as a must for larger projects and I am currently in a process of building my main base from scratch on such a plain; amazingly easy and if you land some interesting biomes nearby (hills, some trees, a lake maybe or that gleam tree forest, or a solitary hex column or sth) then you have an easy building site and some potential to do extra builds on higher ground or in water etc

I landed gleam trees, but not too large space nearby, also a stonehenge spawned very near, and I have that flower hill behind me, some redwood trees (small patch of them) and a lake with cliff islands just behind the building on the screenshot; that gave me easy flat area to build main thing in the center; then interesting features around to go for towers, a castle, natural green parts between streets and a port as well.

PS. Sorry for an OT, I got overexcited lol :blush:

4 Likes

This is great info!! :smiley:

It is so fun playing with the world builds. :slight_smile: Haha, I want so bad to roll another try now, but I’ll play with what I’ve got for awhile, on thinking of it.

2 Likes

ikr?

at some stage I had the build I wanted nailed down, but I still rolled a few more worlds haha;
probably stopped just before someone called 12 steps for me :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sorry to interrupt, but I’m totally gonna give some of this info yall gave a try :+1:

3 Likes

Awesome, let us know how it goes!! :smiley: Haha, I’m so far resisting the urge to try another… but did solo a few on what I have! :wink: With a good speed build, seems a pretty efficient way to go - my T6 roadrunner hunting grounds are great for profit, mixing things up with this will be fun and this gives more Oort per the time invested.

3 Likes

I like hunting on t4 as its still easy enough and there are some trophies and all dropping to spice things up (although creature drops are not my motivation; its the oort I’m after). Speed is not as important to me most of the time.

But it is true that going along a t3 (especially in a small group of 3-4 maybe 5 or 6 people), is very efficient time-wise. If the world is built for it, one can cover regions very fast and meteors are completed within 1-2 minutes.

2 Likes

If you guys are making worlds… and need some color suggestions just let me know :slight_smile:

I will farm the heck out of some sovereigns … I should have taken more screenshots of @bucfanpaka and her last sov … I literally strip-mined the WHOLE strata… it was pretty cool…

I did 10 runs on Meta and Igne and 4 on sand…

3 Likes

I may take you up on that!
I suck at picking colors imo lol

2 Likes

Portal open if anybody wants to try it out, from Paka’s Place Gyosha. :slight_smile:

Thing is, playing with it, my experience is the same as when I tried in the past - this is good if you want some quick Oort, and I’ll use them some to mix things up, but truly, the T6 Roadrunner/Hopper hunting areas I set up have advantages in a few ways. It is actually, IMO, way easier/less stressful running around on a T6 flat area sniping stuff than taking on the T3 meteors, even a lv. 1 one. It is also more profitable per tool - problem with soloing meteors is the slingbows wear down quick. The only thing you’re getting worth that much is the Oort, and what you might get lucky on running between meteors, but not going to get many decent hoppers or roadrunners on the 3s. With the T6 areas I made, you get Oort still from Roadrunners and dormants (I’ll kill one mob usually then run, sometimes I have 3+ hit an area at once, and you can jump between the areas to farm dormants.

4 Likes

have you tried it out?

1 Like

Yep, other than falling in a hole here and there while hightailing it around, works as intended. :grin: I mapped all the regions and no areas are really bad or anything, and some quite ideal.

Thinking right now, I’ll hold off on another experiment til the currents expire, then try again. Fun to mix things up some!

1 Like