World color palette generation discussion & poll

Haha, yeah, kiss what is left of my life goodbye… :rofl:

I agree with @Vurtadelic here I think - it is nice having certain types in a certain range, maybe open it up a little though, and also have the occasional totally random one. Even if it did look really weird, it would be notable and be interesting I think.

6 Likes

They do indeed I think you’d find the links I posted in up top useful. The source code is linked in the first one and you can see they have a base object, ones for different tier metal worlds, gem, etc. you can see recently added (6 months ago) json objects for umbris, blink and rift. This is why people should stop wishing for black gleam or shadow colors. It just isn’t possible

1 Like

If all planets are forced to look the same because “we wrote the code that way,” maybe it’s time to scrap that plan and just go with manual color selection for a bit.

2 Likes

@james can we get some special Halloween event exos with some shadow colors and black gleam?

6 Likes

For anyone who has access to the World Builder - if you create a world colour config - then I’d be happy to launch it as an Exo.

23 Likes

I’d love to spent time on the procedural palette generation. Absolutely :heart: to. But I try to be disciplined on what we work on. And the question is always: what improves the game the most for the most # of players?

18 Likes

^^ well THAT’S awesome!!!

4 Likes

You all got no excuse now :joy:

3 Likes

I nominate @Gorillastomp

3 Likes

i have already sent a black gleam palette maybe you forget…

4 Likes

Ummm :confused: - never got it…

What’s world builder? Besides what it sounds like…

1 Like

An EA / early backer tool/perk (world terrain editor)

2 Likes

Can’t I just back the game now and get to play with world building tools? Pleeeaase…
@james

4 Likes

Dark red gleam! Dark blue gleam! Dark green gleam!!!

Mountains of it

2 Likes

Any chance this could get pushed out to us peons who had no idea what Boundless was until a year ago?

6 Likes

I’m thinking something a bit darker.

Step into the shadows with me for a moment…

4 Likes

A shadow-palette planet topped with SEVERAL colors of gleam (one can dream right?) starting with the shadow range up to ultimate black. If we’re going to ask for a favor (exo), we better do it right and make it count :joy:

4 Likes

Heh my same thoughts! I would have been one if I knew it existed form the start.:thinking:

1 Like

Oh, and have them spawn in mountain sizes that we have seen in the the past! None of this… “Get one here and then two six steps over there…” :sweat_smile:

1 Like