Would a city built underwater work?

I will if you place the water blocks :rofl:

3 Likes

@Ratchel and @FireAngelDth don’t chisel glass blocks if you’re placing water on top.
As you will get weird edges.

Have given that a try in the past from below it didn’t look right.

[edit] in the end tough its up to you :wink: but i just wouldn’t.

2 Likes

It is doable to build a under water city.
But as @Mittekemuis said before it will cost a lot of plots and “stress” during the building process. Be prepared to drown :grin:.

1 Like

From the very beginning I have wondered why we don’t have an underwater brew or pie. Just saying :thinking:

I will never chisel the dome. It’s wwwwaaaayyyyy to much glass.

2 Likes

There is now: https://www.boundlexx.app/items/33587/

Requires Spooky Orbs from Halloween.

Combined with the “That Sinking Feeling” quirk, you can have unlimited water breathing for as long as you can keep up the brew.
Kraken Brew + That Sinking Feeling quirk = Scuba in Boundless

3 Likes

We could drop the dome down one block and place water lol

This works pretty good too
I built half of my city underwater/under my city and only used 10 -15 kraken brews?
You still move like you’re underwater and you will sink like a stone, but it’s awesome to watch the sun rise under an ocean…

1 Like

bit ot here but this topic has led me to the idea of flooding a build I already have under a lake (top layer water then 1 layer glass)

was a block archive but have since moved that so might just add a few things (ruins, glowing plants etc), finish a couple of statues and then take out the glass so flooding the place.
Like the idea of someone swimming across the lake and seeing a submerged build through the gloom.

1 Like

since introducing liquid blocks, underwater projects can actually be done on dry land on any altitude and water is placed in the end

I would love to see Rapture lol
Bioshock 2 was an incredible game
giphy

1 Like

The only issue I had with doing this was the lack of reflections on placed water

1 Like

This city won’t have a dome. just skyscrapers underwater connected via glass walkways

I’m on PS, so never noticed that…huh

giphy-1

2 Likes

I too am on a PlayStation

Now wondering is some of my builds look like hot garbage on pc :thinking::rofl:

I totally forgot that the PS version lacks this stuff as I’ve only seen a few screens from them.
That being said, if it looks good on the PS then it looks good on PC

You built a statue of my ex? :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Lololol, I’m rollin over bro, thats hilarious :rofl:

1 Like

Reflections don’t matter when your 2000 meters down… only light and the art-deco style mixed with it.

True, but placing that many blocks of water might be as tedious as clearing out the water to build the city

However, I do really like the idea of a large underwater city like this, maybe even enough to start thinking of color schemes…

2 Likes