Yamaska (halloween)

Well, they have to watch what they do, and what line they intend on making. I see nothing wrong w/ either.
If they just make a line everytime someone says something, then might as well close the game now. Everyone is offended by everything now days.

6 Likes

Very true. The devs already setup blocking chat for kids. Asking them to block builds will hinder people’s builds. Not religious but maybe I want to build a Templar knight pixel art. I shouldn’t get in trouble or it deleted cuz a parent has an issue with it. Boundless is a game of expression and creativity.

1 Like

That’s so wrong.

Someone was having a bad day, or caved to an overzealous complainer.

That pixelchick is wearing more clothes than a female avatar.

8 Likes

Nice pixel art.
Btw how many kids have gone out with a scream like mask already.
Its old and very known.
I was around 10 when i saw these movies with scream, Freddy and Jason.
Even played resident evil on ps1 around that time. To be fair might have not been the best thing for a 10year old but even then we where told “its just trying to scare you, that makes it funny and not scary at all”.

So in my eyes should it be removed no. Simply because kids now a days link it more to fun scary spooky costumes. Learned from tv or even internet/parents. And don’t know what it was about. Just like you can get them Jason and freddy costumes.

Also kids confuse them with cartoon characters seen on tv (or what ever way they watch them) from episodes to movies. For examples they can confuse scream with “Death” frequently displayed almost the same.

Scary doesn’t really have an age limit. You might even be more scared of an spider then a zombie sitting next to you. For kids its the same. Like @morey523 ‘s kid more afraid of tightly packed trees. Or my little cousin of a clown :clown_face: but finds my costumes very cool (horror/Demonic) he is 7 btw.

Sexy is some what different in my eyes as a “5” year old shouldn’t have to deal with that at that age. It isn’t appropriate. But then again there are several stages of that to.

That said can still hear my 3year old niece explaining to me why I could ware makeup or paint my nails ware heals even during “carnaval” because i was a boy and had dangly bits down there. :joy:

2 Likes

Well didn’t see it till now but you can come across this to. In kids cartoons.

Yup looney toons or Tom n Jerry tho I don’t think kids watch those type of shows anymore lol

2 Likes

It must be some kind of day off, people seem to have time to be trotting out the usual reactionary strawman to help bolster the dopamine stim their rage gives them.

Fact is, the devs, while generally exceedingly tolerant and neutral, do have to protect their intellectual property (the game). For that reason they have had to ask players to remove builds that could cause them legal problems in one or the other jurisdiction in which the game is popular. For example, they had to ask a player to remove a religious symbol that has been associated with atrocities and genocide in a certain region of Europe in which the game is very popular, because there is a federal law in one of the countries in that region that make it illegal to display that symbol. In another case involving a contruct resembling an adult entertainment establishment, they devs asked the player to remove it because of laws in certain North American jurisdictions making it illegal to discuss human reproductive activities with minors who are not legally related to you.

If the devs determine that this particular user construction contravenes some regulation somewhere so their livelihood is threatened, I’m sure they will ask for it to be removed or modified. All players, of course, should consider the target audience of the game in their play, but there’s always those who have done so and see it as an opportunity to exploit.

Mean time, there’s plenty of online places to take the strawman where you can get excellent social reinforcement for your persecution fantasies. You might want to click over to one of those tabs open on your browser.

2 Likes

Oh I 1st watched scream at 10 to 11 years old.

I saw nothing wrong with the women on lamblis. It was a silhouette could have been fully clothed idk.

Lamblis ps hub use to be one of the bigger cities in game.

Huh new one to me. Especially since elementary schools cover this. Oh and the fact some states allow marriage at 16 lol and even some with allowing marriage at 14 or 15 with a court order.

1 Like

Edit: didn’t mean to quote anyone then, just a general statement :slight_smile:

Ive not seen anything in game that offends me, but we have to remember that different things are offensive to different people. And just because it doesn’t bother you or your kids doesn’t mean it doesn’t bother anyone else.

Im not taking sides in any sense, i neither agree nor disagree nor want to get involved. But perhaps just try stay open minded and not get snippy at someone for having a different sense of what should or should not be allowed in game than what you do…

We are a huuge range of ethnicities, ages and moral backgrounds. Please try not to be too quick to judge! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe building a giant tomato under the knife could do the trick here? :wink:

6 Likes

:rofl:

Yes, having him prepare a sandwich would be much less ominous :laughing:

4 Likes

Freedom for you only and not Buugi, eh?

Not intending on taking sides here but lets be frank here, a kid wont be seeing a mermaid and thinking oh its men objectifying women…thats a next-stage thinking. A bloody knife or a nude lady, on the other hand, are exactly what they look like. No advanced thinking required.

1 Like

@anon30038204 glad more are in the halloween spirit. Nice work.

You should see some of these KIDs on halloween. Last year they were all clowns with bloody cleavers. I dont think the kids care. If you scare some kids playing boundless mission accomplished. Happy Halloween!

2 Likes

I think it was less about scaring them, more about what’s actually suitable to be in the game. And if somethings are unaceptable, where is the line?
Personally I don’t think the pixel art is in anyway inappropriate, however I do not have kids. I do not know how every parent will see this, or what rules they have set for their children about what they should or should not be subjected to.

However the strip club, the art on the building is not offensive or innaproriate. But coupled with the fact that this was intended as a strip club, and therefor the pixel art suggested a stripper then I can understand why some would find it innaproriate.

What I’m not understanding is people shouting ‘i have freedom of expression and can do whatever I want’
Actually no, you can’t, the devs I’m sure can make you remove anything if it is offensive or innaproriate.

Again, I’m not saying that this pixel art is innaproriate!

Still seems there are more trolls than kids in this game.

A friend named a build Orrian tower. And that got reported and Orrian removed from the title. I would wonder more about that.

He has since quit playing again.

3 Likes

I dunno…a giant tomato could be kinda scary…

1 Like

If im honest, I havent ever come across either in this game so far :laughing:

2 Likes

Lady wasn’t nude btw. At least the one that was on trior. I posted a picture of it above in the spoiler. Also the name of the place was hero club

They’re talking about another one. Mentioned it for the sake of the argument only.