Your proudest year one achievement/moment

Like the title, what was your proudest achievement or moment from year one? Hoping to get a lot of pictures and good stories in here.

I’m at work but will update this with a picture of my village when I get home. Finding good people, joining their community and embarking on a giant terraforming project has turned this into a very fulfilling year.

Edit for pictures and horrible spelling!

17 Likes

It took me 6 months but I finally forged some extractor spanners. While still tedious, its now 1 hit to repair the 300 extract coils. Definitely my most favorite forge out of the last few months.

spanner

9 Likes

My building and other mechanics-related skills are nothing to write home about, but I think are improving, I’m working on them, and I do feel a sense of pride in a few things I have built lately, but these things are not what I’m proudest of.

I’m proudest of the bonds I’ve formed with people in this game, and the times I’ve been able to be of real help to anyone. Particularly proud that I am able to call a few people here real friends. :slight_smile: It is the community and my interactions with it that elevated Boundless above other games I’ve loved over the years and has given it a really special place in my heart.

13 Likes

Returning to the game, rebuilding, banging rocks.

10 Likes

While i am proud and satisfied with many of the things already mentioned like building detailed structures, forming new friendships, and participating in events, i think the one i take most pride in is establishing and maintaining a successful shop. Although there are many good shops out there, i still think this is something.

Achieved this a few months ago.
20190912001030_1

10 Likes

I was so happy when I was able to have advanced coils for a couple of my machines! That felt like a huge accomplishment.

When we out-grew the 1st little walkway in Gyosha Mall, that was definitely an awesome moment lol!

15 Likes

Soloed a lvl2, t7 umbris meteor.
Oh and smashed 4 builds with millions of prestige, regen bombed most of the blocks etc~
Fun timez \ ^_ ^ /

4 Likes

Its been almost exactly a year, but I forgot about making my original coils. That moment when I realized the entire crafting spectrum was now open to me was amazing.

Edit: There weren’t any for sale yet, so it made it even more special.

7 Likes

I still have them if you want them back for nostalgia :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m not especially proud of anything in particular, but I’ve enjoyed running shops and building, farming, hunting, etc.

I’ve not been one to stick with mmo games for a long period of time (with the exception of Discworld MUD, which I’ve played on and off for 20 years!) but Boundless has been different.

The community has been great. The Devs have worked hard and the game deserves to be a success.

5 Likes

Aside from my most recent builds, which have been getting a lot of attention to feed my ego, my proudest moments were leading/helping Kindred Bay to win the three early Sorissian Prestige Wars (just came up with that title :sunglasses:)… so I ended up inadvertently writing this whole story below about the first two… the third was cool too, against @Ratchel and Brambleland on our way to becoming cities, but not quite as eventful… Anyway if you read this book I just wrote, thanks lol!

Exactly one year ago, I landed on a capital-less, undeveloped Sorissi, followed shortly by two friends. As we got our bearings on this planet with the surface of a block of swiss cheese, we found a nice, safe ashland inhabited by 4 others in close proximity, right there on the beautiful southern coast of Mare Mariel. After hours of racing to be the first to 10k prestige, I saw the first capital marker pop up and went to see that it was a bridge with about 20k prestige. With this news, we quickly figured out how to combine beacons, and Kindred Bay was born with a total of around 30k.

First and Second Prestige Wars: For the first few weeks, it was looking like KB would be unchallenged indefinitely. The 2nd largest village, which still stands under a different name and guild, had the advantage of having the first portal hub, while we had the advantage of being capital and attracting more builders and new players. - Cracks me up to remember that I thought portals were big league and I was planning a highway to them :joy: - Then one day, one of our top builders recruited his friends who wanted to found their own capital, and he left us. That very day they became 2nd and the war was on. KB was upwards of 15 players strong but these 3 tenacious fellas and their pre-lamella gleam lanterns just wouldn’t quit. Both villages took off in prestige on our way to becoming towns, as did that village with the hub. Finally, after weeks of challenge, KB was passed. My rl friends had essentially stopped playing and the new capital kept pushing forward. Then, with the addition of glowing lamella to gleam lanterns, they stopped growing. Completely. Down by tens of thousand of prestige, which was a lot at the time (we were fighting around 200k), I took action. The land around KB was dotted with beacons that totaled 80-90k. As I was building my alt’s plot total for that highway to the hub, I knew what I had to do. I built up until I was warden of KB over my buddy who built a gleam lantern pyramid to help me out before he gave up, then “conquered” the surrounding settlements with my highway. Back on my throne, I dubbed the road The Viceroy’s Highway. Those 3 rage quit within a day but someone has carried on their legacy and the town still exists and is very nice.

The 2nd War was just a follow up with that town with the hub. They seemed to have a fast jump in prestige after quickly taking 2nd place back. By this point we had already gotten an Ultima hub. The current HSE leaders had joined us and we survived that early challenge and have never looked back.

As a huge history fan, and particularly Roman history, I like to look at Kindred Bay’s early days as the early years of the Roman Republic. Initially held in check by the northern Gauls and southern Greek colonies, once they conquered the Etruscans and other Italian kingdoms they were able to push Pyrrhus and his Greeks out of Italy to make their mark on the world. After the Punic Wars with Carthage it was pretty much smooth sailing.

The fact that this was possible, and the genuine bros and lady bros I’ve made in the last year, is why Boundless is my favorite game ever. Happy anny!!

6 Likes

We gave y’all run for your money!:stuck_out_tongue: It was back and forth for awhile. Then I believe we moved to gyosha.

4 Likes

lol we like tripled our prestige during that era so it ended quite well!

3 Likes

Idk if I had an exact moment but slowly building up my base using rocks, tearing it down because stones were more efficient, tearing it down again because i had no idea power coils took up so much space, then tearing it down again because i finally had a design other than a complete square. Next I made a rectangle + a square! Lol. Then i completely covered a lake in glass, put different colored foliage underneath with gleam to match and give it a nice glow. Then mass crafting shop stands and realizing I had nothing to sell because I hadnt managed to make it off T1 yet :joy:

Eventually I got tired of my 10 min run to the capital, Kindred Bay, and moved there permanently. Met a bunch of dope people, and took part in the prestige war with Bramble Land that Dutch mentioned above. Been there ever since

My lake area may be my proudest moment, though it was torn down within a few days, but cant get on ps4 atm to see if I have a screenshot

6 Likes

:heart:… I wanna see that screenshot dude! And I think you joined during the 2nd. We had Laconia at our heels almost until bramble came around. Didn’t wanna start throwing names around in my first post without knowing those guys but guess it doesn’t matter. First was with Riverview which is a stones throw from KB now. Used to feel like a hike.

PS Blue Magic is bad to the bone and a cornerstone of KB, and I believe now the 2nd or 3rd oldest build, depending on how you look at it.

3 Likes

Guys, thank you for your stories, i was very interested to read them! I am glad that we have a reason to share our experience!)

5 Likes

Yup I remember battling Laconia too lol. PS4 is back up and found the screenshot. This was the first thing other than my square house I ever built in any voxel game so felt pretty good lol.

I would put Blue Magic as my 2nd proudest because that’s when my building skills improved.

2 Likes

Nice! That is a great start lol my first house was embarrassing.

Proudest moment…hmm?

How about proudest accomplishment first! Bob’s Farms. With help of @morey523 and @LunaLynn we were able to create a massive farming network that are located on several planets and connected to several wonderful networks. Protecting players from harsh mobs by providing a safe environment.

Now proudest moment…I don’t know if I’d say proud though it’s the most rememberable. I posted this story towards the beginning of my start.

Once upon a time…(insert wavey memory)

Just decided to add link because couldnt just copy and paste post.

5 Likes

hehh we can mark that up as a proud moment

1 Like