2017 was not the year of "Boundless"

It now mid-December and it’s time for some contemplation and to review the past year.

At the beginning of the year, 2017 was declared the “year of boundless” (EDIT - I found the reference see here). Over the year we saw some updates but we still did not reach a state where this game would reach 1.0 (at least I can’t see it).

While it’s now the time to rethink and ask questions that distress us during the year I’d like to know if there is something new from the devs side. What are your plans for the upcoming year? When will Boundless finally be released? What will be the features of the final release?

There are still some more questions. Was the PS4 build a dead end? Will it ever be possible to play cross-platform? Just to name some …

Just some of my questions I had during the last year. It would be really great to get some insight into devs plans.

After all … I wish you and the devs a thoughtful time and I hope you find some peace :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas (in advanced)

6 Likes

As far as the PS4 Version ^^

4 Likes

I don’t recall that declaration in the least, but you’re right that everyone was optimistic to see a 1.0 release this year. That didn’t happen, obviously. That’s not that unusual.

That thread already exists. It has 240 comments in it right now. It was started in response to your last thread making exactly the same point as this thread. It would be the ideal place to raise your questions and concerns.

I’ll answer each of these questions for you individually, since they’ve been asked and answered before.

1. to continue to flesh out features and explore what is possible in boundless.
  2. when the devs are comfortable that the game is in a release state for 1.0. Or, in a sentence, “when it’s ready”.
  3. it’s impossible to determine with any certainty what is even possible and feasible in boundless. To promise the sky and not be able to deliver on those promises is worse than releasing a game late. See NO MAN’S SKY for a prime example.

As for PS4 version, @Jiivita beat me to it. This has been stated numerous times in numerous places. Constant updates to the PS4’s development progress have been very clear, even often mentioned in the update and parch notes. Are you reading those? Lots of these questions would be answered by following those.

5 Likes

image|600*360

replay with a half year old post is not really helpfull
he asked for an up-to-date answer

1 Like

2017 was the year, when i finally got the game.
So for me it was definitely The Year of Boundless. :grin:

19 Likes

He answered your question with a source, if you don’t want the answer to the question then don’t ask the question.

4 Likes

It’s a half a year old post… because there’s nothing new to say… everything that’s on the PC version is on the PS4 version :thinking:

7 Likes

Sorry if I have to intercept… It’s by far not an answer to my question. I asked if the port was worth the time and if this will push the sales (indirect question) … and @Kirinvar answered with a post about the status of the port and that they are “even”. This is like comparing lemons with apple…

Even if you wrote it… it’s NOT an answer to my question. My question was and is: “Was it worth the time? Did you receive what you want?” And both your answers are off topic!

1 Like

The PS4 versions seems like a pretty logical decision to me, First of all, it provides them with funding to keep making the game, second of all, it’s very apparent there’s many people waiting on it and ready to get it when it comes out, so there’s a market for it. Third, there’s people who wanted to have a test on pc before it released on PS4 because they couldn’t wait anymore and ended up buying it for pc, with some people liking, others hoping to check it out after more content was released and others not liking it, but that’s just how games go, there’s people who’ll like it and those who don’t.

3 Likes

I did not have the pleasure of playing Boundless before the rewrite in C (it’s my vague understanding that the PS4 version was at least one reason for it) however its being browser/java based is what scared me off from getting the game before this year…

with the performance boost, support from Sony and the wider audience from the console market…i would say It was worth it to me… but then im not concerned about WHEN Boundless is “released” because im already playing it and having a blast! ^^ and the fact this it evolves on a simi-monthly bases is a pulse for me =)

Im sorry that i misinterpreted your question :wink:

4 Likes

Ohh please link the thread … I’m quite sure I already know it and I’m also quite sure the answers are depressing. All I want to do is ask for some info and wish you all a good year … hard to see this can’t work in this community, I REALLY don’t want to fight,

This is NOT an answer. If I like a parrot on my shoulder I’d asked for it. Every answer should contain a reference to the before mentioned statement. Every answer should try to clear doubts …

Sorry if I’m direct. This is PLAIN stupid. It was to be released in 2015. It’s 2017 now … We are more or nearly 2 years behind the schedule. Where are the devs …

Can’t say a word anymore … … … you are…

Say it. Don’t be shy. I have a feeling that it’s a mutual feeling.

1 Like

I’m done … srsly … Sorry if I have to say it … I asked for “simple” answers without a BAD background and got attacked all the way. I don’t even care about this game anymore… delete this post if you like … call me a “bad person” if you like … I’m done … I can’t longer hold the grind in this forum. If you can’t see the problems I hope you wake up in a few years when there is no one around!

Bye …

1 Like

Im sorry you feel that way =( i think there has been a breakdown in communication or maybe a language barrier?

Havok40K has been around… well since there was something to be around lol… he’s a bit rough around the edges at times but he means well… even if it doesn’t come across as such :wink:

I wish you the best and happy Holidays and New-Year

3 Likes

Bye :wave:t3:
and merry Christmas

5 Likes

Absolutely Boundless Year - I started playing it seriously in 2017.
It went places.
It’s still far from being a final product, obviously.
Still, its very much playable in current stage and enjoyable as well. And it’s quite exciting for me to see it growing and taking shape rather than getting on the wagon when it’s a ready hit.

I don’t expect it to be 1.0 before 2019, but it’s fine for me. There’s plenty fun on the way, I’m sure of it.

So, Vive l’annee 2017!!! Vive Illimite!!
Happy Christmas to you all: the ones happy with the game and the devs, and those not so impressed. We are all in the same boat - we want this game to be finished and good.

Peace and Love.
Stay :boundless:

7 Likes

In all respect, you just have to calm down, if you were more polite and friendly on the forums you might actually get respect back and I think Havoks answers are good enough with how much we know about the Devs Plans.

Any way Merry Christmas, best of wishes for next year to you. :christmas_tree:

P.S. I just had to get this off my mind, you have just been so negative and doubtful on the forums, you just have to be more patient.

P.P.S. No hard feelings its tough having to wait for something, I get it I want to know more about the Devs plans and I want to see Boundless get released, but you can’t rush this sort of thing, other wise we might get another NO MANS SKY and no one wants that.

4 Likes

Me Too! I’m glad we met, Boundless.

3 Likes

Hello again!

PlayStation is alive and the fans are spinning away to keep the system cool. We sometimes play the game in-house where some of us are on PS4 and others are on PC. We’ve always said the PS4 version will be the 1.0 version of Boundless and at the moment we’re still adding features and polishing off existing ones so it’s not quite how we’d like it to be yet.

Since late 2016 - 2017 we added and improved:

• UI and HUD redesign several times to improve the UX
  • Signs
  • Multiple characters to allow players to swap between characters
  • Beacon permissions to allow players to build together
  • Beacon Fuel to encourage players to build and maintain their creations
  • Slingbow improvements for varied combat options
  • Brews and Food to recover missing health points
  • Objectives and Feats for players to complete
  • Chiseling Pro Edition
  • Settlements to allow players to build communities together
  • Recipe lists and filters
  • Friends list with Steam support to automatically add your steam friends
  • Knowledge menu to help players learn about items and resources
  • Tutorial to help introduce players to the game
  • Changed how you earn experience points, level up
  • Added Skills and are continuing to iterate on them
  • The Sanctum
  • Warps
  • Portals
  • Sharing Locations and Saving
  • Improved the compass
  • Tooltips
  • Lighting system improvements
  • Particle effects and improved the particle effect system
  • Added character attributes which you can improve
  • Planets in the Sky and warp to them using the totem and warp conduits
  • Meteorite events
  • Challenging combat
  • Contextual messages to help highlight features to players they may not be aware of
  • Resource Redistribution
  • Wrapping Worlds
  • Discoverable Named Regions
  • Universe Structure

In development at the moment

• New recipes
  • New resources to find in the world on from creatures
  • New building blocks
  • Bombs
  • Brews
  • Augments
  • New weather effects
  • New biomes and worlds
  • Hunger and Stamina
  • Death and Reboot (resurrection)

Now this might not be enough to satisfy you but I cannot think of another early access game with the team of our size that has managed to deliver the same amount of complex features as we have in the same amount of time. I joined Boundless around August 2016 and the game is totally different compared to when I joined the team.

13 Likes