A better way to create a planet?

Can there be a better way to build your private planet (biomes)?

We have the option to chose biomes and caves, but the detail of what they’ll produce is next to nothing. I have bought 4 planets and am not satisfied with any of them, 1 of them is averagely okay.

1: I chose Sponge Swamp biome in hopes to get Sponge, I got 1 very small patch with a bunch of rock in the middle… I chose that biome for the big sponge ovals, I’d rather not have chosen the biome if I wasn’t gonna get a decent amount of sponge.

2: I chose Square Caves because I assumed that they were the size and layout of the square caves you see on Gloviathosa, but when I got my planet they were much much bigger and all joined together, which resulted in a mess of horrible looking cave(s).

3: Choosing Gleam Ballz biome to only get a single (or couple) really small ballz… I might as well of chosen the Lake biome lol.

4: I like the Plateau biome, but there are 2 types and you can’t chose which kind of plateau you get. Same for Garden Lawn (you get the one which is completely flat grass stripes at alt 67, or you get the Grass Stripes which dip in and out of the water level.

5: “I’d like a Mountain next to an Ocean biome”. Well you better keep rerolling till you get that. BUT If you haven’t got the money, you can’t.

Can the solution be: being able to view the planet in say, a world builder (or even in game), before we finalise of the layout? Much like the colours.

10 Likes

the question is would some dumbed down version of world builder work on consoles

2 Likes

For reference: This is a Gleam Ballz biome of got on my most recent planet.

4 Likes

Yea…I got one silly little ball like that too on one of my rolls. Kinda sucks.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t expect it on console, but maybe it could be a free app on PC so that console people could use it too

2 Likes

I’ve done 2 planets so far. My first looked good. But the Jungle Gleam biome looked nothing like the picture. I was expecting gleam fields like on Kada I. What I got was like the gleam formations on Boori. I gave that planet away.
My 2nd planet, I made sure to go for the gleam ball lake. I got 3 regions out of 34 that are gleam lake. More than happy.

And the rest of the planet was a great mix of the other regions I had selected. Only 1 of them was not what I requested. Deep caves all at a 45 degree angle going down to mantle. But great for those who like exploring and spelunking.

1 Like

they say it takes about 20 min to generate a world. (assuming they don’t use some 8 year old cheap laptop for it) that would make it necessary for a console gamer to also have access to a decent pc.

but hey, maybe I’m entirely wrong and maybe they are now finishing some noob friendly UI for the World builder and are releasing it next week :smiley:
after all this google doc form thing was supposed to be a temporary solution (if I remember correctly)

The world builder only generate several chunk at a time. You are not exploring a complete planet like the live universe.

Even though you find biomes you likes, it may vary depending of the generation seed you get. And i am not sure if they can set a manual seed.

2 Likes

Yeh some biomes are very unlike the images, a biome screenshot locked forum post would be awesome, but a lot of work

1 Like

Like this? @ovis

1 Like

Yeh basically this post (which I love and helped me out SO SO much, thank you @Clexarews) but with in game screenshots so people can get a feel of what the biome may look like when immersed and with all their little nuances :slight_smile:

3 Likes