A new name for Oort Online...?

Yup. This. Full stop. I can think of a dozen cooler names, but none of them actually capture the aesthetic of the game the way the current name does. Really, it’s what the game is that will people will associate with the name, not the other way around. Anything else would be too much.

2 Likes

I vote for Oort Online to change to Track 1 and Wonderstruck to change to Unknown Artist… Unless you want people to actually find Oort.

Nah possibly something related to portals like ‘Here, There, Everywhere’ or something better like ‘Interconnected’, ‘Webbed’, ‘Linked’ or ‘WiFi’ :smile:

Interconnected: Through Space and Time ?

In the Beginning / The Beginning (reference to creation of Earth in the bible but also references the creators of the world the ‘Oort’ and quest to uncover the secrets)

In the beginning only the Oort were awakened, there was only a void, then wonder struck and the Oort created the worlds we know and wander today. But they also awoke…the titans. (Just wanted to say then wonder struck :smile:)

Anyway my brain storming time is over. Bye.

2 Likes

After little mixing and matching with a dictionary, I’m going to just leave this here:

Oath of Reigning Titans (Online)

Or in short OoRT. Ba dum tss

1 Like

world of gemcraft?

I was thinking something similar, such as World of Gleamcraft XD

I like Shards of Creation!

What are everyone’s thoughts on multiple word names like that? I always have this feeling that they feel slightly “try-hard”, but I think that’s probably from years of trying to think of good band names.

I much prefer one-word names. Unfortunately, that’s a hard task and can be hard to stand out with.

1 Like

Nebulous
Definition - hazy/cloud-like

Pros
-Sounds like Nebula (Interstellar cloud)
-Relates to Oort clouds in that it means cloud

Cons
-Doesn’t sound intriguing enough

My problem is that Shards of Creation sounds too close to Shards Online which is another mmo being made atm.

1 Like

Which is not a huge problem, it lacks the brand recognition of other existing mmo.

Ayrte

Ayrtle

Mayrtle

It doesnt have it, yet however it have caused some interest, it is quite close in terms of gameplay to Albion online which i truly believe will still completely steamroll it, but who knows.

1 Like

So far no one has mentioned “Syzygy.” There’s a word game by that name already, darn it.

1 Like

I do think that “Creation” is great word I haven’t heard before, and if shards is off the table,then of course I vote for my idea “Echoes of Creation”.

1 Like

Cough cough

2 Likes

Well…:flushed::anguished::flushed::anguished:.Oort online is cool to.

I don’t think Shards of Creation is off the table. Shards have plenty of cross-references in game already to negate another game’s sole use of the word in its title. Oort shards for currency, shards can be broken pieces of crystals or gems, can also refer to something broken and scattered, like the tribes we play as.

Creation is also a good word here as it can refer to the creators the Oort, the creation of many worlds and relics, and creating things like structures and items.

Together, Shards of Creation invokes feelings of bringing together lost pieces of the universe, discovering the origins of the people that shaped the present day worlds.

1 Like

We’ll be providing a update on this in the coming weeks. Fuel up the hype-copter!

7 Likes

Does that mean you changed the name?

That means he won’t say one way or another for a few weeks.

Next week we’ll share more.

No leaks this time!

3 Likes