Active player issue

I absolutely love this game. I’ve played mmo’s long enough to know there are ebbs and flows both in population and economy. I’m in it for the long haul.

I think the game has been great for me because i can really do anything I feel like doing… I also am active with several other players. I join community hunts, and I’m really looking forward to guilds, and any other new content they throw at us.

I’ve noticed the population slowing down, but I have faith it will bounce back after the holiday season…

2 Likes

Silly question maybe, but what do you use coin for other then for opening warps?
And do you really need those coins to be able to play the game at all?

I can craft, hunt and gather everything myself, the only time when I buy some mats is if I’m too darn lazy to! And yes, that is nice that that is possible, but the thing is, not everyone likes the same things, the reason why someone would need coin is so they can buy the things they do not like to gather/hunt, so why only give coins for 1 specific thing you can do in the game and not for the rest? Doesn’t make any sense!

Plenty of people want to keep their portals open but do not like to hunt, with your idea they get less coin than the people who like to hunt but also do not get oort!

That’s weird and severely unbalanced

I’m all for other ways to earn coin tho but not just for killing mobs from meteors!

2 Likes

I think this sums up why. Personally i love the business sim aspects of the game and would be very sad to see that removed.

More options for more playstyles is what we should be advocating for… not one or the other

P.s… i know thats not what you said… 2nd half was more in reponse to other comments/general convo this week

2 Likes

My suggestion for the population issue are :

1. Speed up the early game speed
    (easier leveling at lower level, easier to find the metals / gems with gold tool)
    For gems u can make the grind rate around (10 - 100 in 1 hour with gold tool)

2. Keep the same for the mid / end game play style as current version.
    (Better not nerf it, we already miss way too much players in past month lol)

3. Fix the prestige system / change the warden system / fix the footfall

4. Announce a huge patch with a lot of “new content” for end game players.
    ( New block doesn’t count as new content)
    Players may return to craft new block, but after a few days or weeks later they will start feeling boring and leave the game again.

Right now this game is way too much for new player to learn, but lack of end game content for experience players.

Grinding maybe some people really enjoy it, but for majority of people this is kind of time wasting.
Especially not everyone in this game has a hard core play style. (some may have job in real life)

And this won’t make the end game players feel more challenge, its more like “annoying”.
I really don’t feel keep doing same thing again and again and again is challenging.

I prefer you guys make the mining becomes more dangerous, like make monsters spawn when you mining at t5- t6 planet. So people need to team up to mine (like 1 man guard and 1 man mine …etc)

Or aoe hammer can easier to cause more mobs spawn at the same time ( like minecraft’s monster block)
so we need to pay more attention during the mining.

I feel those are real challenge, not those weird nerf you guys did in past a few months.

Players base drop means the “balance” direction or some part of game contents have some issue.
As i know, a lot of new players quit after 2 weeks, and some quit after a month.
(Most of them they said its too hard to find the gems, since not everyone go watch the tutorials on youtube or forum)
And old players quit after some huge nerf or system broken ( bomb mining / footfall …etc)

Right now the only way i can think about to boost the population require similar patch size as the 1.0 patch which is the patch when new universe release.
( I know its very difficult, but only this kind of update can make new players join or make old players return.

1 Like

I think this definitely hurts the solo player and that should probably be avoided. If we are concerned about players quitting we probably do not need to make one play style more difficult or make it impossible for a solo player to mine on a higher tier world. However, I do think the hunter will track people that are mining and that is being implemented.

3 Likes

I would enjoy mining being more difficult… if my miner wasn’t forced into being a helpless infant with zero combat skills.

3 Likes

I think it’s because the developers keep changing things that players like because they deem it too “easy” making this game an absolute boring sloggy grind. Lol

5 Likes

yeah for me too i quit the game last week, because of plot and prestige wars! ill rather play other types of games rather than battling prestige and plots in this game lol !

Exactly why we need craftable armor in this game.

It would be worth revisiting when the Guilds update is released, as this will hopefully help to resolve/prevent players being absorbed into other settlements unwillingly

1 Like

If i was to quit it would be due to lack of end game content.
I was having fun with the forge until recently and the new patch means i need to waste time and resources to get going again. That alone is keeping me away from the forge atm.

Honestly sometimes i wonder why I’m still playing and repeating the same routines everday. I think the ONLY thing keeping me going is the community now. The game has attracted alot of great people.

Unfortunately i don’t think that’ll be enough to keep me going much longer. I hope they get farming out before christmas (a long shot, i know) or I’m probably going to have to move on.

1 Like

I always hear “The Grind” as the reason people leave games but I think it is just the opposite. If your game is not enjoyable to play and a challenge then of course you lose interest. These folks crying about “The Grind” are the same folks in other less grindy games sitting around in cities crying “Muh Content”!

The Truth is society as a whole has changed “Challenge” is to be avoided at all costs and “I should get whatever when I want it now!” I’m certainly going to be bored though after you accommodate then the next game is like “Oh look a squirrel!” and they scamper off to cry over the next evidence of a grind in that game.

Developers this is a good game and challenging so make the game you want to play and advance it as you play along. There are indeed folks out here that like the challenge. That being said there is always room for more and different, More building materials and fixtures more variety in creature and plant life ect… I enjoy the game though and actually was looking forward to RDR2 but i decided to play this game and forgot all about RDR2.

Its the holidays and there’s lots of 'NEW" MMOs so bleeding some players will happen no need to panic. I have had issues with the game but yet I still find it compelling to play.

1 Like

As to why coins are needed – for players who can’t get all that is needed. New players need to get items they aren’t high enough level yet but want to make things. Granted increasing the rate of regen has helped bunches. When my son and I started it (first of Oct) it took quite a while for ores to regen. We got very little iron on Aldar and better on Tana VII but still had a hard time. Especially coal. For me, even getting glue was hard. I would be killed by the goats more than I was killing them at the start and the small amount of bones gave very little glue.
Even now I have to buy items I cant get on my own, waxy and exotic yams, juicy berries and more. I can’t go and get sliver or gold yet as I can’t handle the mobs. When I find it cheap I buy it, gold for less than 100c, titanium for less than 200c if I have the coin I buy a few. So, coin is highly needed for many players.

2 Likes

The problem is grinding in this game is really pointless lol.
Unlike other MMORPG, you grind for a end game weapon or armor can use “at least half year”.

In this game you grind for what ? Tools can only use for couple hours and the purpose to make those tool are use to grind more source ? Its a weird cycle keep repeat, repeat and repeat.

Its really not challenge at all. For the first two weeks you may feel its a little be tricky, but after 1 month or 2 month its really boring. For such hard work what did you get ? A lot of money if you run a successful shop.
But what can you do with those money ? If you can forge the best gear to gather everything, there really not much thing worth to buy on the market.

Right now i feel boundless is completely sand box game only.
(At least we still don’t have dungeon / Titan)
However the wonderstock is running a sand box game but do all the balance base on other mmorpg’s game.

Most MMRPG they do have a grind contents for some hardcore gamer for sure. ( FFXIV / GW2/ TOS/ WOW…etc)
But in sand box game, we don’t need that much grinding. The point is to building / to hunting / to enjoy the beautiful world wonderstock create. This why i feel the “grinding direction” is completely wrong.

And this why i keep saying its not challenge / difficult / hard at all, it just consume a lot of time to repeat the same thing.

5 Likes

Well said, whats the point of a grind if its meaningless other than wasting peoples time. I honestly think a lot of these people who are supporting grind enhancing nerfs are people who also do not have to work 40 hours per week and sit on boundless all day, every day.

4 Likes

Some people like the “grind” aka: skilling your character. MMORPG sandboxes are kinda notorious for this. It’s been two years since I’ve reached a new level in Runescape (grrrrr! LOL). I’m also stuck in Trove…got my teal wings, but haven’t reached a new level in 6+ months. So I decided to try BL…love it!

There are other genres of games out there that don’t require you to skill up much and you can just run through levels really quick.

I don’t know that anyone is asking BL to enhance grinding.

It wouldn’t be any fun if everyone had access to everything immediately. I can remember being really excited to try creative mode in Minecraft…but after a few hours I was completely bored. There was nothing to look forward to, nothing to seek/achieve. If you want to play BL in a similar creative mode, maybe try the test server when it’s available. It’s really boring having everything at your disposal.

Some people will have more time to play than others will. Some people might have a medical issue that keeps them at home, some people might have retired early and love to game. Who knows? I am able to play everyday right now because I am waiting on something irl. Everyone has a different situation.

I think for current issue is really not about grinding.
Its how to make grinding in this game more fun. The current grinding system is really boring.
Basically all we need to do is repeating the same thing daily. Its not hard, just time consuming.

You can see the population really drop a lot recently. I think most people don’t hate grind, but they do feel the current grind system is kind of pointless. Devs kind of just simply make the thing people already know how to do become very annoying (not challenging). For example for the current forge patch. I won’t say its really bad balance, but will it be a little be too complicated to learn the forge ?

For the T6 max gears forge, its kind of require too much set up already.

1. you need to have a forge char set up (around level 20+ i think)
  2. You need tons of extractor + Forge advance power coils set up
  3. You need a hunter character can fight at T5- T6 planet.
  4. You need to prepare all the mats to craft ingredients ( so you need a lvl 20+ crafter as well)
  5. You need to learn how to forge (even last patch is kind of complicated enough. Draining compound 2 / vigour catalyst…etc) But the current patch you need to find the solution for quirk and maybe defect depends on which method you are using. For some people its fun for sure. But for me its a little be too much.
    The result still the same, someone who can forge the best hammer in the game can still get 1000+ gems / hour. Also a lot of experience for level up. The result is the gem market will remain broken, and it does affect other mats pricing as well.

yeah, its a weird cycle keep repeating daily lol
This why i think they need to make grind more fun instead of making it more annoying.
Looks like this is another failed balance patch again. (at least for me.)
Its really pointless for this patch.
People who have the T6 one shot 9 blocks hammers can still get 10000+ gems in 1 hour.
Gem market still broken, all the gem products market still broken.
Nothing really change, just more annoying to prepare the forge ingredients, and spend more time to do the forge.
And its really way too complicated to combine all the different compounds / pastes / catalysts/ solvents all together to just forge one item. How do you expect new players can learn this without doing a lot of math lol.

Game should be acting easier and more for human i think.
Those will be my suggestion.

Also the current hammer mining make the bomb mining remove looks very dumb moves.
Before the best bomb mining result can only gave u like 600+ gems / hour. Now with the meta hammer mining its 1000+ gems + level + a lot of other mats. Also its easier to setup. (at least no special character setup, no need to calculate the damage to rocks. ) Everything just way too easy to get gems for all the experienced players.

Changing the forge ingredients won’t really balance anything…
Rich people still get more rich, poor people still stay the same as before.
And it will make money becomes completed useless for rich people.
(Nothing worth for them to buy on market to be honest…)
Forge system kind of make everything way to easy to gather.
For poor players they lost the way (sell gems / power coils / gem gears…etc) to make profit.
You can see how many forge shops on the market …
I feel next price will break is forge gears business. Way too much on current market…

1 Like

I wish the grind did equate to skilling your character - but it doesn’t yet. There’s no character development after level 50. This is my bugbear. :smile:

1 Like

I’m past lvl50 and still playing. I’m sure they’ll raise the max lvl…games always do. :+1:
…and this just happened:
(SO MUCH FUN!!!)