Active player issue

You need 34 skill points total, plus I have found that 7200 power (max) on the forge is necessary now. Plus after the initial investment to get going, the ingredient list switched. The recipe I have found that avoids quirks drops draining compounds and adds three new potions to stabilize it out. The same effect hammers can happen but are much more “lucky roll” oriented now.

1 Like

They turned a game that was about creativity and building into a daily chore that needs more grinding than an aisan MMO. And then they wonder why pleople drop out left and right…

I don’t think they’re wondering why people are leaving. They have a pretty good idea why and it’s more to do with new game releases and generally loosing interest due to lack of content (which is in no way unexpected for a game like this within months of it’s release. Things take time).
Personally i agree that there may be too much grinding, however I also feel that it also makes you feel proud when you accomplish something. If you don’t want to grind that bit more for top level items, you can settle of mid range. The game has such a tiered sytem that allows you to make a less potent version for less resources (or atleast less grind).

Tbh, I play with mid range items (non-forged) or I buy myself a high end hammer/shovel once a while and am freaking happy and cruising nicely with it.
I have my base (rebuilding it at the moment due to space) a small shop to sell things ( slowly but steadily).
Will I become mayor or viceroy, most likely not but that is completly fine. I don’t have the time not the energy to put that time in to be able to compete in the prestige war.

So I’m idling along and building my builds and enjoying the game.

So I honestly don’t get the cry that everything is so grindy and not achievable. In any mmo if you want to play high end it will take time and effort to get there.

5 Likes

100% agree with this. The fact that it takes a while is a good thing. I find it really odd people complain things take to long to do, followed quickly by complaining about a lack of things to do.

Of course more content is always great, but what happens when its super easy and you whip through that in a day?

Take your time and enjoy the game for what it is, and surprisingly, its pretty enjoyable.

2 Likes

Ppl want to do more new things, not the same thing more frequently. Not everyone has the time to grind the same thing for hours. Too much of the same will get people bored.

2 Likes

Seems different people might like different things. Must be hard to get that balance between longevity and new excitement. Cant do both all the time

1 Like

I like how this game rewards my effort. Now we just need that prestige recalculation so that peeople whit just fill blocks up with machined iron and refined gleem. Ive heard that non visible blocks will lose prestige and refined gleem is obviously taking a hit.

Really looking forward to that. :stuck_out_tongue:

People will still work out the best way to build prestige towers and that kind of building will be all over the place again. It’s the nature of competing for prestige.

Yeh and thats fine. I really care about prestige and for me its an important and motivating factor.

But i wont do it the easy and cheesy way.

Im farming hard now to build my city some different high prestige districts.

And i farm building materials for neighbours, just finishing up 30k deco sedi 1 and 40k bricks :stuck_out_tongue:
15k of those bricks needs to be hit twice with a transformation chisel. :sob::sob: is aoe transfor chisel possible?

But prestige towers or basements or just filled up blocks/cubes youll never see me do (unless its an attempt of something artistic)

I wonna show people i got the biggest numbers without cheating or exploiting :sunglasses:

https://steamcharts.com/app/324510#1m
I post this website to prove that the population was decrease, and a lot of people told me that this website is not accurate and can’t represent the population situation.
But now, base on how it looks like and the state write down there. I think its very accurate lol .
When the game release(Sept, 2018) the average players are 354.6. But now (Dec, 2018) its only 181.5.
Its almost 50% of population decrease in 3 month only…

Yea cause it doesnt count other platforms or ppl not using steam. But its a decent guideline of how much percentage of the population has dropped.

2 Likes

It is a decent guideline if you assume every player group PC steam, PC non-steam, PS4 shows the same behaviour. For which there is no indicator or data that they do. So without being able to prove the assumption it is rather useless.

I’d just like to post here and say thank you to @Jiivita and @Ovis for their youtube content and guides, without them i’d probably give up on the game too early :joy::sob:.

7 Likes

That’s because it doesn’t count the PS4 users… Currently 155 players are playing across all planets and this time of day is usually quiet…

Aw thanks @Nyuudles, appreciate the support :smiley: Glad we can spread our love for the game in your direction :muscle:

2 Likes

People got tired of bugs not getting fixed, and switched to the new AAA titles. Devs aren’t marketing the game.

Everyone, cancel your gleam club and instead buy google and Facebook ads for the game :blush: maybe we can crowdsource building the playerbase back up, haha

I feel players are trying so hard to make other players stay and find out all the solution for dev to promote their game. But right now its really make me feel devs try very hard to forcing players to quit lol.

This forge system patch is really terrible, i part of forgers will choose to leave…
Before its really slightly annoying for those RNG hit and boons, now its even worse.
I put 3 gums and still get other type of boon … lol
(i didn’t see it log on patch notes i guess ?)

Also depends on the method, u need to deal about quirks or prepare the transmutation solvent to target the boon u want. ( Nightmare for the roadrunner T_T)

Really ? Why we want so much RNG to just make an item to use for like couple hours…

If you guys need more time for the future contents i am totally fine with that.
And i believe most players will be patient for that.
Some players may still be upset and leave.
But it still better than the current “testing balance”…

If devs did good jobs most players will fully support them and defend them, and be patient about them.

If they still remember, month ago, how many people told them they did a fantastic job ?
and most of them will defend the dev teams if someone didn’t agree for the patch.

Now where are those people ?

Its a pain to see those alpha players leave the game, a lot of great city fall day by day.

I really want to ask dev teams, due to almost 50% population drop compare to the release day.
You guys still feel all the “balance” is on the right track ?
or you guys really believe people leave because there are a lot of fun games came out in past 2 month ?

This game had such potential, and most people believed dev team will lead this game to be famous as MInecraft, or even better than Minecraft.

Now it becomes to No Man’s Sky 2.0, and not sure if Boundless can rise again like No Man’s sky.

I really don’t want to post these things on forum. But its really pain to see all the great citys & players disappear day by day.

Hope you guys can wake up fast enough before the game really dead.

1 Like

Welcome to the reason I stopped coming to the forums for a while, any small change was greeted like the start of the apocalypse.

This posts nails it on the head with that attitude, there are ton of posts stating they like the forge changes and one or two guides how to achieve the high end gear with the new approach.

So constant screaming that the game is dead or dying after every change is really putting me off from these forums. Will this game be bigger than minecraft most likely not, will it have a player base in the 10 thousands daily most likely not. It is a niche game and that is fine.

So my rant over. Have fun screaming the end is near, while I keep building my base. /wave

4 Likes