Alright, so I took the courage to become a Wayfarer on the early access and these are my thoughts so far

I already upgraded jump btw.

1 Like

sign out and try to go back in. . you might also report this to the developers in the problem reporting topic if that does not work

1 Like

On my way to the dev’s office.

I know you might be frustrated, but I might edit my post that you sent to the developers. . Family friendly forum.

2 Likes

actually that is a bug! I got stuck there too :stuck_out_tongue:
post those in the bug thread for the current release with as much details as you can :slight_smile: Release 192 - Report issues here

hahaha amazing shot :joy:

also remember we are testers… and to make tests there is no need to implement everythign devs already have, if the mechanic doesn’t or does work, this is not a game wich tells you “pre-alpha” but it’s finished, we know devs have things ready that will be released when the game will be actually released… so, no need to implement all the monsters they may have ready, no need to implement all the worlds etc. at the moment anything may become boring after a while, and so is correct to look for new aspects/mechanics that generate newness and desire to slip into the fray…
and btw pvp doesn’t mean toxicity, and to have competitivness between players you don’t need pvp :stuck_out_tongue:

Simply i belive that this game - and the community of players in it’s majority - doesn’t want competitivness to be generated by a simple pvp… and buildings to be griefed it isn’t seen as pvp, but more like a bully that comes into your sandbox and destroy your act of creativness :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I don’t know what you are talking about, I hear most arguments here are in pro of building and not being destroyed but the beaconing area is still super restricted, and as far as I understand, terrain outside the beacon area regenerates as it was after 8 hours? So what’s the point? Should you decide to build in the open without a beacon it will just get destroyed after that time. Implicit that the world map is the first one to grief you and your stuff after it runs out of fuel.

Not every game needs raiding… Go play rust or a million other games. I’m very happy that PVP and destructive mentalities like raiding and killing people is the last thing on the developers list.

7 Likes

Sounds like you’re looking for a completely different type of game Godsicc. Nothing that you have described in this thread is even close to what Boundless currently offers.

Boundless is a building sandbox with strong economy, RPG and group dynamics. It is very laid back and does not focus on aggression or survival aspects.

5 Likes

Well by the descriptions y’all have given me, by the way this game works all you need to do is go away for 2 weeks and your entire set of buildings will disappear anyway, without griefers?

sorry if i say it, but this is far from any reasonable point you want to prove :thinking:

making a beacon and fuel it it’s one of the first things the game teaches you… you are free not to beacon it and, logging every 8-10 hours, would stop any count on world regeneration on that chunk… still anybody can come and destroy it

[EDIT: you can put advanced fuel and the becon will stay there for up to more than 8 weeks]

1 Like

There is fuel up to 4 months currently.

2 Likes

[quote=“Tarahyumaro, post:80, topic:14046”]
acon and fuel it it’s one of the first things the game teaches you… you are free not to beacon it and, logging every 8-10 hours, would stop any count on world regeneration on that chunk… still anybody can come and destroy it
[/quote] But isn’t it unnecessary? You can take up all the space of the provided beacon space pretty fast… My concern is around the beacon, I see a lot of people complain that people go and destroy all the land around their beacon space intentionally anyway, the real problem is when you’re actually building stuff around the beacon space and there is no way to defend the rest of the building, and if it was built inside the ground it will get eaten up by the regen.

You gain levels pretty fast and get more plots. Level 50 has about 350 as a normal account. Every level after 50 you get 10 plots. Every level gets bonuses on the package you purchased.

2 Likes

Not necessarily… the more you play and level up, the more plot space you gain.

That being said, these are all things you’d have discovers for yourself with a little more time spent playing the game, but it feels like you spent most of your time trying to “raid” bases (what many would consider griefing) rather than progress the way the game intends.

4 Likes

my single beacon in wich i built everything in the last 2+ months has 219 plots attached to it and some of those plots are empty on porpouse to preserve the narutal environment and avoid people to destroy my surrounding… it’s everything there…

A lot? i dont hear “a lot”

surely if you build a single beacon on a resource that is needed, people will try to reach that resource… the game mechanic allow it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sorry for sounding so strong about it. I didn’t have my coffee yet. Stayed up all night binge watching Safe. I also chose those words to strongly show my feelings towards that concept for this particular game. This game is simply that special.

Even with a server dedicated for pvp, I would have no interest building there, knowing it will get raided. I would rather just go kill ppl. I get what your saying totally. It’s just that for this game I disagree.

To me more survival is more animals. Hunting planet etc. Which they already are implementing.

8 Likes

You should take your ideas and put them into a comprehensive outline on this section of the forums. Chances are the game won’t change on the majority of planets in the known Oortiverse, but if you give them a good enough template they may take those ideas and put them into effect on a couple of planets to test them out as PvP worlds. Currently it isn’t in the cards for the near future according to their line, but that doesn’t mean you can’t come with ideas that will make a difference later down the road.

You are obviously very passionate about how the pvp in this game should be and what would help drive you, and others like you, to continue playing the game in a pvp setting. Break it down into points that would be specific for the pvp worlds. Break down the combat, teams, world settings for survival and stuff like that. The Devs in this game are the best I’ve ever dealt with in 30 (when did I get so old?) years of gaming, and they also been known to integrate ideas into the game from players. Who knows, if you create a good template that catches the eyes of the Dev’s, we may be shooting slingbows at each other on a pvp world named after you a year from now.

Best of luck,

-Zcyra

4 Likes