Alright, so I took the courage to become a Wayfarer on the early access and these are my thoughts so far

This is “not” that game. There are plenty of other games that raids peoples stuff so people like you can steal it. This is not that. I would quit this game if it moved in the direction of raiding and stealing. Boundless thus far is about creative builds and cities and growing. PvP here most likely will be killing each other. If all you see when you see an awesome build is envy, and a desire to take it, and burn it to the ground, you need to find another game.

PvP is great fun, this game will have it. But again this game is about building, it’s a core mechanic, it can’t move in the direction of destruction. Your the kid that didn’t build sand castles, but the one that came and kicked them.

9 Likes

Look, I’m sorry if I made it sound like that but you got the completely opposite concept of the end game of a PvP survival server as if that’s what I wanted. No, It’s not about having envy over others and going to break their stuff because it’s frankly a waste of time for all to not let them make more resources that may well end in our hands someday when somebody steals from them and dies at our feet, we don’t want to overpower everyone and harrass them because it’s boring, all good players know that behaving barbarically and ‘winning’ is illusive and that you don’t really win until you’re acting collectively to be better, otherwise the game doesn’t preserve players and then there’s nobody to play with… like right now in Boundless unless you’re looking for the popular places where obviously the risk of being stolen from would be too big… It’s fine to have PvP, we can take over the places y’all never even visit, don’t even lie. It’s rather about having respect of others and dealing with danger, to play this same adventure with the intent to prevail despite adversity. Having something forever doesn’t make it that replayable… I know it sucks to have your stuff destroyed after nothing but that should also be part of the game, for players to express the need to cooperate even in defense of other players which makes the game interesting, worth talking about, worth getting your friends involved and let them be convinced that it will be fun because most of the times they’re just skeptical until they try it out, clear examples are some of you reading this text.

In the meantime, I’m stuck in the sanctuary, unable to jump or crouch, why isn’t there a crouch button? LoL, I can’t even with these glitches like that.

Crouching and spin attacks are only usable on the PvP servers.

2 Likes

the only reason your stuff should get destroyed is if you forgot to fuel your beacon. then you are free to loot. if you don’t loot it and nobody goes there for 8 hours, the world starts to regenerate and swallow it up anyway.

Oh, and there is a crouch, but it’s mostly used for building, to keep you falling off ledges. it doesn’t operate the way you’d probably expect, making your character lower down thus shortening your hitbox and you’d probably expect an animation for it.
but nope. it doesn’t work that way and therefore doesn’t really need an animation or different stance, in fact the feature should probably be called something else even, like “edge creep” or “ledge walk” or something.
the inability to jump sounds like a bug unless you have accidentally changed your button configuration.

1 Like

Jump is a skill you have to level up and spend skill points to gain that ability. There is no crouch but their is creep which is also a skill you have to spend skill points in order to gain the ability.

fi you have reached a planet the first time, you are never stuck in sanctum

1 Like

I already upgraded jump btw.

1 Like

sign out and try to go back in. . you might also report this to the developers in the problem reporting topic if that does not work

1 Like

On my way to the dev’s office.

I know you might be frustrated, but I might edit my post that you sent to the developers. . Family friendly forum.

2 Likes

actually that is a bug! I got stuck there too :stuck_out_tongue:
post those in the bug thread for the current release with as much details as you can :slight_smile: Release 192 - Report issues here

hahaha amazing shot :joy:

also remember we are testers… and to make tests there is no need to implement everythign devs already have, if the mechanic doesn’t or does work, this is not a game wich tells you “pre-alpha” but it’s finished, we know devs have things ready that will be released when the game will be actually released… so, no need to implement all the monsters they may have ready, no need to implement all the worlds etc. at the moment anything may become boring after a while, and so is correct to look for new aspects/mechanics that generate newness and desire to slip into the fray…
and btw pvp doesn’t mean toxicity, and to have competitivness between players you don’t need pvp :stuck_out_tongue:

Simply i belive that this game - and the community of players in it’s majority - doesn’t want competitivness to be generated by a simple pvp… and buildings to be griefed it isn’t seen as pvp, but more like a bully that comes into your sandbox and destroy your act of creativness :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I don’t know what you are talking about, I hear most arguments here are in pro of building and not being destroyed but the beaconing area is still super restricted, and as far as I understand, terrain outside the beacon area regenerates as it was after 8 hours? So what’s the point? Should you decide to build in the open without a beacon it will just get destroyed after that time. Implicit that the world map is the first one to grief you and your stuff after it runs out of fuel.

Not every game needs raiding… Go play rust or a million other games. I’m very happy that PVP and destructive mentalities like raiding and killing people is the last thing on the developers list.

7 Likes

Sounds like you’re looking for a completely different type of game Godsicc. Nothing that you have described in this thread is even close to what Boundless currently offers.

Boundless is a building sandbox with strong economy, RPG and group dynamics. It is very laid back and does not focus on aggression or survival aspects.

5 Likes

Well by the descriptions y’all have given me, by the way this game works all you need to do is go away for 2 weeks and your entire set of buildings will disappear anyway, without griefers?

sorry if i say it, but this is far from any reasonable point you want to prove :thinking:

making a beacon and fuel it it’s one of the first things the game teaches you… you are free not to beacon it and, logging every 8-10 hours, would stop any count on world regeneration on that chunk… still anybody can come and destroy it

[EDIT: you can put advanced fuel and the becon will stay there for up to more than 8 weeks]

1 Like

There is fuel up to 4 months currently.

2 Likes