Announcement and Guide for the new (public) Boundless Teamspeak Server

Hi Community,

Because there was a request with a positive result (see picture of the poll below) for an (official/public) Boundless Teamspeak Server @Saint_X and i sat up the Server last night.

First of all a big thanks to @Saint_X for hosting the Server :thumbsup:

I like to give you a short overview about the server. Furthermore i like to give all of you whom are not familiar with Teamspeak a short beginners guild how to connect to the server and how to use teamspeak.

Server characteristics

You are all welcome to visit the public server and play with others the best MMO ever :slight_smile:

IP: 85.214.250.43:7777
Password: - (none)
Slots: 200

We have server groups for spoken languages (eg. english and the international categories) and backer levels.

Furthermore we added a “Support” rank (for active and honored forum members) for granting these groups and for administration (in case of abuse [mute players]). “Support” can also create temporary channels with or without password.

Beginners Guide

Step 1: Download
First of all you need to download “Teamspeak Client” from the official Teamspeak site.

Step 2: Install
The next step is to install teamspeak on your local computer. You need administrative privileges for the installation.

Step 3: First contact
After the successful installation the (vanilla) Teamspeak Client should look like the picture shown below on the first startup.

1: This is the most important control. You need it to connect to a teamspeak server (explained later).
2: You can store your servers as bookmarks here (easier to find servers later).
3: If you are connected to a server the server overview is shown here.
4: If you are connected to a server you can find channel, user or server informations here.
5: This is the server or channel chat-log.
6: You can write in the server or channel.

Step 4: Connecting to a server
To connect to a server you click on “Connections (1.) > Connect”. The contol below should now pop-up.

In this control you need to enter the server address (see server characteristics above) and a username. You can choose any name but it’s the best if you use the same name as in the forum. Now you click “Connect” and you should be on the server as shown in Step 5.

Step 5: On the server
If you connected successfully to the server it should look like below.

The most important controls and objects:
1: Toggle your microphone (mute yourself)
2: Toggle your microphone and headphone (mute yourself and mute the sound from others)
3: Subscribe to all channels (you need to click this to see who’s on the server and in other channels [otherwise you need to enter every channel manually to see whos in there]).
4: This is you (The blue circle in front of your name indicates if you are talking or not [it highlights if you talk])
5: This are your status icons or your server groups (eg. i’m muted [you can’t here me talking], i’m part of the “Supporter” Groups to indicate that i can help you on the server, and my backer level as well as my spoken languages.
6: This are channels that you can join. Every channel acts as a “conference” room, You can hear and talk to the people in them.

Step 6: Actions on the server

• You can change channels by double-click on the channel you like to join (be aware that you should not spam change channels because this will result in a time ban).
  • You can “Poke” other players if you right-click on their name > Poke. This is for short questions like “May i join your conversation”.
  • You can write into the channel (eg. share a link) if you write in the chat below.
  • You can read channel description if you select the channel. The description is shown on the right side (#4 in the first image). You should read the channel descriptions of the channels “General Rules / Netiquette” and "Read here → ".

Hope this short guid helps all of you and you have a great time on teamspeak :wink: If you have any other questions or requests (like server groups, more channels and so on) don’t hesitate and ask either @Saint_X or me.

10 Likes

This is fantastic. Look forward to connecting with more of you.
Great job guys!

3 Likes

Time to see if i learned eny thing from this

1 Like

umm this is probobly a noob mistake but how do i see if eny one is online in the grup i click on all these and it says channel switch but idk where to look for players

@Heurazio, can you throw the info from your first post into the topic here and then maybe delete this thread? Or @Havok40k / @Thorbjorn42gbf can you merge these two threads? There doesn’t seem to be a need for two of them or for conversations to be carried in both, at least in my opinion…

@Clexarews: I decided not to Post this information in this topic because the one named by you is the “suggestion” post while my Post is the “announcement” of the final Server . If i’d Post this in the other topic it would be hard to find and not directly visible. Furthermore (as you See) i wrote a little beginer guide which should not ne the n’th Post in an suggestion topic. If there are questions according to the server it’s IMO better if they are detached from the “do we need a public Ts?” discussion.

@sikerow: if you subscribed to all channels and you don’t See anyone it’s Most likely because noone is online at the Moment. I’ll join the server around 18Pm if you like to join me.

1 Like

well im already subscribed so thats good and what time zone are you in im like gmt+1

I’m GMT +1 too, I’m from germany.

greate well i guess il see you there later

1 Like

I agree with @Heurazio on the matter this seems to carry enough weight to stand as a post of its own.

2 Likes

No Problem, an thx for correct the english on the server ^^ (my english is not the best XD so i make some mistakes in the grammer and using some wrong words)

and thx for the nice Beginner Guide, i hope i will see some people in the next time on the server.

click on the top on “Boundlesss Public Teamspeak” and than you see on the right side “Current Clients”, 2/200 mean 2 clients online on the server. And a maximum of 200 clients can join.

if current client = 0, no one is online ^^

2 Likes

Then perhaps posting a link to this thread from the suggestion and closing the suggestion would be a nice solution? I don’t really care what has to happen, but it seems silly to have two conversations going in parallel.

This is more for communication about this specefic server while I think that lettign the suggestion thread stand for future discussions about external communication seems wise.

2 Likes

Then I’ll change the title of the suggestion to get rid of the implication that the conversations taking place within are specifically for the TeamSpeak server. I think that makes everyone happy.

1 Like

i cant join again it says error

@Saint_X said me that the server has an unexpected downtime at the moment. It will be soon back online (after the backup-process).

alright now it is just to wait

first server problem since over 1 year. last time the server was offline before round about 200 days

edit:

Server is down? I can’t connect

@Xakorik: It’s possibly offline because of less use. I will ask @Saint_X if he can start it again.