Announcement: Boundless to be published by Square Enix Collective

Haha, sorry! But to be honest, I’m really just another player. For me, working on the game is like a huge life bonus!

Believe me, I tried to get some kind of tax breaks for Grump Store, but @james would have nothing of it…

15 Likes

Would I still have time to upgrade my account to Wayfarer?

2 Likes

Yes… As long as it’s before the official launch

2 Likes

Exciting times! Best learn how to chisel I suppose. :slight_smile: Thanks for keeping us updated.

7 Likes

I better pull my finger out and get that done asap :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just out of curiousity… will the recent Epic Meteor Hunt, Amazing Builds and Machine Floor requests be used for a release trailer, or will they be used for an interim trailer?

4 Likes

The specific trailer being made will be used before release :slight_smile:
You’ll have to wait and see…

But additionally, footage may be used/re-used for other things in the future though (nothing concrete here, but for example perhaps extended explainers on hunting, or crafting, etc). It’s tbc - but I guess the point is that if some footage you really wanted to see isn’t in the next trailer, that’s not to say it won’t be used for something else.

7 Likes

Ahhh, nice. Finally nearing the big day. OK, so one big question immediately comes to mind on this, @james

I’m gonna assume for now that the world wipe is total and complete, and that all of our Early Access projects will disappear, because that just seems like the more likely outcome.

That being said… Will there be any way for us to retain and/or stockpile items in our character inventories that we can carry through this transition? I can tell you with 100% certainty that I’m excited for the opportunity to get an early start on things and slap down some epic architecture before the new class arrives… but I can tell you with 152% certainty that the game’s grand opening will be much grander if the streamers aren’t streaming a collection of mud huts.

1 Like

rofl… that feels a bit cheesy! I’m personally looking forward to starting completely over… A head start should be more than enough =P

19 Likes

How exciting! I was thinking we must be getting close.
do you think you will have lances done for 1.0. i think people will want multiple weapon types.
I’m saving up vacation time at work and will put in my request as soon as the release date is announced!

12 Likes

Jeff dedicated as always :joy:

I’d love to see EA players have some head start time, like a week or whatever. I don’t say I’d be using that time for anything productive, but I guess there are bunch of players that would make good on that.

7 Likes

Heck yeah!!! Do it!!! :smiley:

5 Likes

We’re expecting a decent period of time for those already playing the game now to be able to jump in and start building up some infrastructure, creations, etc - so that when new folks jump in (and especially streamers, media, etc) there should be plenty to help them understand the depth of the game.

Precise details on timings/dates will be shared ahead of time by @james of course.

13 Likes

So glad to hear this, it shows you’ve been involved and understand the game. Though I’m a hermit player by nature, the game would definitely lose some of its lustre without the player-made elements. Part of the wonder of exploring that hooked me in at the start was the discovery of interesting & beautiful things by others. (Portals being up and available also a massive draw). Good stuff! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks - I’m a noob compared to some on here, I know, but I’m over the 750-hour mark now, and tried to spend that time doing a bit of everything just so I can understand the player perspective as much as possible.

7 Likes

That’s more than me :rofl: so just to clarify: the intention is for us to build up settlements etc before others join? (So not for everyone to have a fresh start directly at launch with the others from PS4 etc)

2 Likes

This is so exciting @james ! Congrats on the partnership with Collective. Can’t wait to jump in and start fresh again!

8 Likes

I was hoping for more major features before 1.0 but that also means there’s going to be a lot of stuff coming after 1.0 (Titans and vehicles).

Nevertheless, pretty excited to know when my projects are going to stay around after the full wipe. I think during that time I might pick up another Pioneer package while I am at it just in case I need 2 more accounts. :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t know there’s a specific ‘intention’ - more of a case of, go out with a fresh slate and start doing what you want to do.

I have a feeling that some folks will absolutely start looking to build up settlements, and portal networks, and shops, and community hunts, etc, and I think that will be a good framework for new people to understand the game.

5 Likes

Yeah, my question (I guess phrasing should’ve been better) was more aimed at whether we are starting before people who buy on release day, which I guess we are, and whether these people might feel cheated that we had a head-start.
I think this would depend on how buying the game is going to change. At any point will people be unable to enter early access? Sometimes this happens when a release date is announced and the game goes into a closed beta sort of state where you will get the game on release day.

So long as this doesn’t happen I don’t see any issue with us getting the head-start, but was wondering your thoughts on whether the head-start will be at all contraversial.

3 Likes