Anoobis ~ My last build

Aquatopia Garden district wouldn’t mind and would love to have you join.

The totem shall be reborn in all its noobish glory.

2 Likes

Ouch! A total thread dedicated to me. But to be fair: I was actually halfway building that thing when i noticed THE RULEZ on that platter. Maybe the platters i made myself are immature from me, but i personally think if you invite people to build a town, you also invite people to add their own personality to a build. So being confronted with the “I invite you to build in my town but you can only build according to my rules” rules didn;t really sit well with me.

But you know what? I’ll take it down. Enough of them hammers i have.

11 Likes

That’s pretty cool of you Higgs. Thanks for being understanding even if you don’t agree with the city theme building method. I’m sure you’ve made a lot of players very happy. :grin:

4 Likes

I wasn’t actually very happy with that build to be fair, and lets face it: Septerfon is a silly place. Who wants to go there? It doesn’t have gems anyways. :sunny:

Only took me one amethyst hammer to break it down. Not to bad. Quite fast. Supposed i needed more time for this, but only took me 45 minutes or so. I remade it into a smal garden/plaza. I do actually like the signs around my place there. They really add atmosphere.

Maybe i should start a City of Chaos somewhere where everybody can build brutalist buildings and even have place for people who want to build that skyscraper of gravel and dirt. :smiley:

11 Likes

When i stumbled across this build for the first time i thought " Could use a guy like this building in our city" It would be amazing to work with you @Stretchious. We are already lucky to have @Havok40k adding such a great build, hopefully we can add to the roster.

2 Likes

Thanks @HiggsFoton! Always love a happy ending!

2 Likes

did you just make a monty python joke!?

3 Likes

I think the city you just described is Therka Market. There, anything goes.

3 Likes

yeah, and as a result you get lost easily and it just looks like spam with the ocasional good build.

Lol.

2 Likes

Such is the anarchy that many people enjoy. Endless new things to discover in every nook and crany. I have nothing against cities like Therka. It’s freaking massive, I would love to have a city that large. I just also like planned and themed cities more.

8 Likes

We are so lucky that we have tons of room to play with to make any kind of city we imagine. I bet there will be tons of variety in themed and unthemed cities after release with so many players. You just might stumble across Hogwarts or a giant ant colony. It will be cool to see recreations of recognizable architecture and people breaking the mold and creating inventive structures. I am just so excited it makes exploration so much fun when I stumble across these treasures.

2 Likes

Thanks for removing it. I’m still a little concerned at what your actual intentions were though…

You obviously knew that I opened the town up for players to join me, and that the invite was to players that wanted to continue building within the theme… what on earth made you build there in the first place if you never had any intention to be part of that themed community?

This is what I would actually define griefing to be … your intention seemed to be to ruin the town that I had spent a long time building up, just because you could. You knew that it was a themed build and that the invite was there for people to continue with the theme, and yet you intentionally built there to destroy mine and others enjoyment of the game. You obviously knew it would cause problems, yet you did it anyway.

Thank you though, it has helped to highlight a point that this will happen more and more as the player base grows and especially so when we hit 1.0 and consoles join the universe. Unfortunately, I don’t think private worlds are the sole answer either… if the public worlds are full of toxic players that have no regard for anyone else, people won’t get as far as desiring a private world… they’ll just stay away from the game altogether.

4 Likes

Shame, I already dismantled my build in case the portal was removed.

So the settlement is staying?

It is - sorry for the alarm yesterday - I’ve been adding all the roads back in

5 Likes

Nice, really liked the style would be a shame if it was removed. I hope my house is good enough compared to the other ones

1 Like

It’s perfect :wink: and thanks for wanting to be a part of a themed city :smiley:

Phew, I guess I can come back now haha

1 Like

Let me know when and where you want a plot - I’ve pretty much claimed all of the available plots so it’s by invite only now :wink:

@philelliott I’ve reserved your plot as well if you want to rebuild - I’m free to lend a hand too if you want!

@Cezzzy if you need any glass for your upper floors, let me know - I have a whole bunch in storage!

3 Likes