Another new person!

Hello everybody!!!

My name is Matthew (I also respond to Tobelawe) and I am back at Wonderstruck for two months this summer.

I have worked here before so some of you may recognise me but I have never formally introduced myself so here goes. I am a student at Surrey University studying electronics, hoping one day to become a full time programmer. Like everyone here I love games. Some of my favourites being: Monster Hunter Tri, Age of Empires series and TF2.
I have also lost my soul to League…

This time I am working here to organise and produce biomes to create new interesting worlds. What you may or may not be aware of is that you can submit your own biomes! We want to have a mix of developer and community made biomes to make our worlds as interesting and varied as possible. If you like the idea of having some of your biomes included in the game, you can either upload them to Github: https://github.com/turbulenz/boundless.worlds or you can send your submissions to me at: matthewsandford@turbulenz.biz

For some additional information, I’ll link a post Ollie made a month ago introducing the concept: Making Worlds for the Game

I will be posting weekly updates on the biomes we are producing and any community made biomes we want to use.

Please ask if you have any questions or queries!

Can’t wait to see all the unique biomes you come up with.

28 Likes

Welcome back! Can’t wait to see what you cook up for the world generator :slight_smile:

Right back at you <3

2 Likes

If only I could do it full time - a bit jealous :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

B)

I better not disappoint had I? You will see some result soon for sure.

3 Likes

So this is first time i see you here so i will actully say welcome and hope you make some new ground breaking biomes i will explore everysingle one of the biomes you make

The pressure is getting to me! haha

Currently we are focusing on real world biomes, biomes you should be able to recognise. After they are completed we will be looking into crazy alien concepts.

I am very eager to hear your feedback. Please do let me know what changes you think could be made.

5 Likes

Instead of normal biomes being made of normal dirt and stuff try changing the blocks that is made off to make it more weird

Hey there! You said we can submit biomes to github, or to your email. For people who don’t have the world builder, would it be at all possible to simply “describe” a biome to you? And then you could make it in the world builder?

Yes indeed! We have a list of community suggested biomes. Please come up with ideas and tell us. Any art would be appreciated aswell!

1 Like

This is definitely something to be experimented with to try and spruce up each world.

Alright, I’ll try and come up with a good description and email it to you :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve sent the description, but I have an additional detail for it. There wouldn’t be any living plantlife per-se, but I imagine having very scant amounts of small petrified trees and shrubbery, naturally being made of stone like the rest of the landscape.

3 Likes

If you play on the EUW league server could you add me to play sometimes? My summoner name is the same as my username here! This also goes for anyone else in the B< community.

Welcome to Wonderstruck!
:grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome Matthew!

Can you put in a good word for me with Mr Oort.

Looking forward to seeing you around here.

P.S add me on league

Hi there Tobelawe, glad to see you’re a new addirion to the team. Love to see more active game lovers on board. My Summoner ID on League of Legends is Balobalo45 if you want to play a few games.

Oh hi 4dau!

What is your league ID?

12 posts were split to a new topic: MOBA discussion