Any news?

Looks Left Looks Right
Pure Laziness :joy:

4 Likes

I don’t think wonderstruck really expected anyone to buy them in large amounts, more like “I want 20 more to finish this thing now”

Or that lol.

Honestly I think they priced them high to make beacon/plot abuse less of an issue… granted that might be the wrong way to solve that, and they put other protections in since, but never dropped the price.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why they sell them at all, then. If they were not expecting it to be a real revenue stream, then why add it at all? It just makes people cry about PTW. It isn’t Pay To Win, it is Pay to Be Lazy as BabyCookie says. I am not lazy enough to pay that much. :rofl: Which is surprising, because I am very lazy.

1 Like

A fair point, I couldn’t say I knew one way or the other, maybe to make the “pricing” for cosmetics (which they had a ton planned) more reasonable? that it would be the main reason you’d buy cubits, idk, I have paid for gleam club in the past, but I was never willing to pay that steep price for cubits either.

actually, the choice does make gleam club look like more of a bargain…

1 Like

It was only 20k plots I paid for :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

To have the ability to claim as many plots as possible before everyone else would be my guess along with laziness.

EDIT: I haven’t bought any, but if I knew they were going to continue development I’d consider it.

2 Likes

the more the better!

1 Like

Never enough… ( ;.; )
That time I Obliterated those 3 mountains & giant floating Rock “Pure Lazy” to farm cubits . I’ma be “Pure Lazy” when I return too I made a savings for plots when I took a break $10 a week since Nov. :joy: :joy: :joy:

(But I’m Hoping the transfer is complete when I return so Monumental gets the % and not wonderstruck :joy:)

““Boundless is Life”” :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

1 Like

im lazy, damn im lazy dut i didint bought a single plot, ill rather spent money on GC to have color writings :smiley: and bought deluxe edition for 10% lifetime plot bonus :smiley:
now i have 1800 plots and 30k cubits

and im sure if ill be needing more plots ill be farming like crazy to reach my need :):smiley:

I thought the shop was already transferred though. @Lorgar was doing there some research … (sorry dont want to search it)

1 Like

Yes the shop is already transferred. When buying planet fuel I get confirmation email from Monumental now.

This is the research I did. First link is to the shop maintenance topic.

4 Likes

“Most recent Boundless Discord”
I’m on PS so I think the PS shop not yet transfered yet boop!

4 Likes

Don’t mind the german lol. But why would it say Monumental then if it wasn’t yet transferred? That would be a lil odd.

2 Likes

Might not be all regions, online markets are funny things, really markets in general are like that. A product that is the same everywhere is sold by three different suppliers based on where you buy it…

Just my speculation.

2 Likes

No ‘new’ news since a long time… We just have to be patient.

Don’t expect news anytime soon and just have fun playing the game.

The original idea of this game was absolutely amazing but several years later and still nothing. Then finally announcement of it being sold to monumental was at least something but almost a year later and still don’t have a dedicated team breaking this game down. Leads me to believe that the pros and cons of owning this game haven’t been settled yet and it could possibly be seen as not a good investment and end up being sold again or even scrapped. I’ve since stopped playing but I do check in from time to time just to see if this game is burning bright again. Still so far nothing wonder if monumental can weigh in and give us some insight.

1 Like

It’s mostly how slow the transfer has actually been, since it isn’t even complete yet.

People do get weird about their “investment” in Boundless.

What’s the going rate for a standalone title that provides 60 - 80 hours of gameplay these days?

For me, honestly, the few hundred dollars I’ve spent on Boundless has been a great deal. Very few times in my life have I had a better ROI.

Part of that is what you choose to take away - it is with any intangible purchase of course. Obviously I realize it’s a choice, but I continue to enjoy the fullness of the glass. There may be plenty of room in here, but it ain’t empty :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Since I’m waxing metaphorical tonight - I’m not denying wonderstruck started handing us lemons. If you see where this is going.

Much of the effort put into the game since I started has been spent on a combination of things nobody really wanted and aspects of the game I cared little about. So aside from the fact that things get laggy now and then or whatever, nobody has removed part of the game I liked, broken any existing features, or just made the game harder, grindier, or uglier for at least three years now.

So some people think I’m a fanboi type or whatever but honestly, now I’m just enjoying this “glass of lemonade” while I brace myself for the next chapter :rofl:

Right now there’s no guessing. This is super different from anything Monumental appears to have going on or have done. Just as being run how it was pretty much killed this game, going in a “new direction” is also a risk. But monumental have to fill their vision, and they’re not going to ignore their pocketbook (I hope). And if building a new fan base means doing things that alienate the old fans - well that’s not necessarily bad business. Especially when, again, you’re picking something back up after a failure.

It’s been a while since I complained about people complaining or (intentionally) got into any forum spats lol. And I’m not now. Just throwing my thought into the mix, even if a little vaguely.

6 Likes

All in all it’s about one person’s perception versus another.

The engine starts up, the car runs, every once in a while, it gets a tune-up, but a new coat of paint and some engine upgrades should would help change the perception that the car is more than just a reliable means of travel.

If the game is fun for you, play it… if not just move on and come back to it if and when there is an update.

3 Likes

To be more clear not talking about myself owning this game because to me it was a great investment. Was referring to monumental and wondering if they see it as a viable asset that they can grow or if they are having a slow look at it due to the possibility that it might be a bad investment for them. Hard to tell if a company has what it takes to turn this game into a financial success I know nothing about monumental mostly just that they seem interested in rolling the dice on this game and I appreciate them for that and am checking in time to time to see if the dice land in there favor.

Anyways how much more legal stuff and internal transferring is left before we hear something positive. @Tiggs

2 Likes