Anyone else infinitely getting this connection error when trying to start the game?

Tried all of these steps, none worked and it appears that the file ClientRegistry.blob doesn’t even exist in my steam folder.

Looks like TONS of people are having this issue with random games

Someone is even saying it’s square enix games specifically.

1 Like

This is happening to me too. Clearly, something glitched during their Tuesday maintenance. Someone on the forums pointed out that the impacted games are all on sale currently. I am sure they will get it fixed… hopefully soon! I had serious plans for tonight! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Have you all tried to “Verify the files” via steam?

Top left corner press steam and then press exit. Then open steam and see if it updates. I had an update from steam 2 hrs ago. 7-8pm EST

1 Like

If you press play Now what happen?

Maybe ??

So, my steam would not connect to the internet at all even though we didn’t lose our service with this hurricane. I just thought it was related.

I can get into steam now, but whenever I try to load boundless it just says preparing to load boundless… for longer than normal until it gives up and i get linked to the store page for some reason. Currently cant get on. My friend was just on before me, but he had already been logged in awhile and he is currently experiencing the same behavior now with me.

Yes, same here! Didn’t see this at first lol

1 Like

Read that too bcs of “On Sale” Down Detector is already on fire :sweat_smile:

Boundless is not the only one with this issues.

Hope they fix it quick and bring you back in to game :+1:

1 Like

So…there’s a funny thing about Steam I found out quite recently. Valve has been doing weekly server resets on Tuesdays around 5pm Pacific Time. I think their servers are just slow to reboot due to the high volume of traffic cause by COVID-19 that leads to the down time being quite noticeable. If they were deploying an update, that just makes things even slower.

3 Likes

To fix the problem go steam and clear cache.

3 Likes

I’d just like to point out what a pleasure it is to see PS4MR for once :wink:

In all seriousness though this sucks I hope it gets fixed

1 Like

Yup that fixed it for me, thanks @SenshiroSan! … for those of us in English,

SteamSettings

5 Likes

Glad to hear @Soju-VB welcome back !

1 Like

Fixed it for me too. Thanks @SenshiroSan!

Been waiting all day to get back to building my workshop

2 Likes

Glad @StormyClouds Welcome back :wink:

2 Likes

Just as an fyi. I got this error last night around the time the other people noticed it. I did nothing when I got the error beyond going off and watching tv for the evening :wink: When I just logged in everything is fine. I don’t think it’s an error for us to do anything.

1 Like

3 Likes

steamdowb

1 Like

3 Likes

I just went to -Steam - Exit, and when I went to open Steam back up, I used the option to run as administrator. It did not work last night, but just now it got me into the game.

2 Likes