Anyone made a guide for crop/seed farming yet?

So I went and made an in-game farming guide since there wasnā€™t one yet. :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

Ayalla / Underminer / Speedhunter

3 Likes

Do you have a cut-through of the Kranut farm? I was going to make one myself, but get stuck on not being sure about the layouts.

Ocfos I can show you a seed max kranut farm example if ya want, on finata.

1 Like

Is there a balanced build that can be extended, or is it not possible to get balanced?

All farmables are possible to balance at or just above 100% seed except goo; Iā€™m just running mine seed heavy at the moment until I have enough to cover my fields.

I cant help you at this exact moment with a balanced layout, but I could walk you through the science in PM if you wantā€¦ Or if you can tell me how many water / amber / iron / tilled plots you need near a single seed to get it to 100% i can run a simulation to give you a layout backā€¦ Oh and specify if you plant 3 or 4 wideā€¦

1 Like

3 wide, currently. Iā€™m not in game right now, though, so I canā€™t do anything to figure it out.

1 Like

@Ocfos - just FYI, the Farm School has examples of the Max Crop, Max Seed, and Sustain (Balanced) of every crop for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are growths lava proof?

Ah yeah, I just wasnā€™t in game at that time. Iā€™ll definitely check it out, but Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™d be able to stretch it indefinitely to make a bigger farm.

Iā€™m not 100% sure but i donā€™t think they are

Growth is not fireproof unfortunately which makes goo farming take up an awful lot of space to set up optimally.

If you want to see some goo farm layouts Im happy to show you what I have done. I have one setup for morphing pigments on gleam with maximum seed % possible on gleam and then another ballanced setup on rock for producing the pigments once I have morphed to the desired colour.

Would be good to see your goo farm layout, highest I have got is 88% seed chance. Is 100% possible?

Good plan hiding the lava, i stole the idea :slight_smile: (less burns)

No 100% is not possible unfortunately. Goo farming is an expensive hobby as a result.

In my opinion there (peoples opinions might differ) are 2 setups you should be using:

On Gleam - 90% seed and 65% crop. Using near lava and near growth as modifiers. This is to morph your goo to the colour you desire, and is also a decent setup for getting crops, however it is slow going and takes up a lot of space.

On rock - 80% seed and 220% crop. Using near lava as a modifier. This is the optimal setup for large scale pigment farming and gives the best returns (statistically) per goo Kernel. Random mutations can occur though.

Iā€™m on now if you would like to see my testing setups.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to do some combustion farming, but somehow the seed is 110% (which I am happy about) but the crop is always 0. Is that correct or am I missing something?

@dispereo - nope, you are doing it correctly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn, I took a screenshot of that myself and completely blanked that out. :tired_face:

Thanks Ayalla!

I love your farm school, but was confused on the berries, you have the differences stacked from ceiling to floor, which one is for sustainability.

Sorry for any confusion @aaron5!

They are in the same order as the signs.

Max Crop on top
Sustain in the middle
Max Seed on the bottom.

2 Likes

Oh thank you soooooo much. Iā€™m gonna come take another look. I canā€™t wait until you have a goo example.