Anyone notice these annoying underground shops?

I don’t see this as an issue. What if someone is building an underground city? What if they only one entrance to the city (by design choice from a place on the surface but their goal is to have a huge sprawling underground cave system. These would be inaccessable shops to the average person using shop scanner but to someone who knows where this city is it’s not an issue. I’d agree with @Jaidic that this is not an issue and we shouldn’t tell people they HAVE to have a specific noticable entrance to their underground city/mall/shops. As that could go against the creative design decisions of the owner when the shop is Actually accessable from a different portal or other entrance.

1 Like

But I think this is the issue. They can have their shop however they want but if they have the shop scanner on then it should be accessible by anyone, not just those who know where the city is.

3 Likes

I mean I see where you’re coming from but I’ve always wanted to see an underground city in this game. If I took the initiative to build one one day, and had an underground mall where there’s a good 20 shops. You mean to tell me every single one of those shops should have non discoverable shop stands? Even if (in this hypothetical scenario) there is an entrance to the city from the surface somewhere and a portal connected to, say, PS and Ultima for example. You mean to tell me that that totally accessable build should be non discoverable since it might be a little inconvenient trying to find an entrance? That would entirely discourage me from building an underground city if people would start reporting my shops because there’s not an entrance from the surface over every shop for people to easily access it. I can see the issue being for the case of that oort on tana, where it’s just an enclosed box used to attract people for a troll. But if it’s a legitimate city/shop/mall and there are portals into it from somewhere, that shouldn’t be a reported beacon in my opinion. Inconvenient? Yes absolutely. Should the owner maybe put a sign at the surface saying how to get down there? Maybe I’d agree with that. But definitely don’t see why it should be reported inna case where it is accessable from somewhere

3 Likes

I feel like having the ability to use the shop scanner comes with having to follow the rules that comes with it of it needing to be accessible in a way the shop scanner shows. I’d agree that something like a noticeable sign above the underground store telling people how to find the portal to get under would count the place as being accessible enough that they should be able to show up on the shop scanner. The situation that I disagree with is if a player can travel right to the location the shop scanner says to go to and having no entrances, portals down, or directions for how to get down there.

1 Like

Ultimately it is up do the devs to see if it meets the intent that they say.

4 Likes

If patrons say zero in the shop-scanner, then something strange is going on…

4 Likes

This is a great point and a good indicator for people before running to what appears to be a great deal

2 Likes

Sadly, that’s not bulletproof as I’ve seen people with just locked portions while patrons are counting up for it due to the rest of the store. Also found half of a shop that was locked at the time, but unlocked some other times and it was showing like 8 patrons despite over an hour of looking around it. I wonder if the friends they gave permissions for the locks count as patrons.

Yup, not claiming it’s a perfect solution, just a good indicator that could save time in some instances

1 Like

Didn’t know about the “needs to be accessible on the world via foot” that foot comment is what changes my mind. If it’s only accessable by a portal from somewhere else then it is not accessible via foot and should be reported for the devs to review.

Its a pain.

I find if there is no other entrance like the devs say “able on foot” the stands should be “not discoverable” Same goes if you lock it behind a door. Believe the said that to.

Thats why in most builds i made (have had) most is fully accessible even without a grapple.

1 Like

I have seen builds that have no access to buy the item/items. No portal or nothing to enter it. That’s fine if they’re not willing to sell things. But they could just put it in a self or storage so we buyer’s don’t get frustrated by traveling all the way there and not being able to get it. It’s a taughting a buyer who needs it.

2 Likes

Report it in game. The devs will take a look and remove it from shop scanner if it can’t be accessed. They’re really good about it!

Edit: I say this as an underground shop owner that mainly relies on portals, but built an entrance that even my friends struggle to find in a tree with a sign. I’ve been told to put an arrow, but I did that once and my friend couldn’t find. I say all this to suggest an unpolarizing opinion that we are in a sandbox game

1 Like

There was one on Tana about a week or so ago that was offering rough Oort for 50c each. It was a 1 plot solid block with the shop stand in the middle. A lot of people got trolled by it before it was dealt with.

2 Likes

What some do, though it is rude and technically against the rules is to have a locked shop stand, or have them in a locked room that is only accessible by members of their guild.
You may have encountered this.
From my experience, if you come across a place and you can’t find a way in, report it.

There was one in Horizon City on Raxxa that had really good prices on stuff, but the portal shut down and it was a pain to dig my way in. I reported it and a Dev showed up in about 30-45 minutes to look around and make note of it. I don’t know if they fixed it or not, as I’ve moved off Raxxa. :stuck_out_tongue:

On a side note, if you need something, message me and I’ll do my best to help you out.

1 Like

You can report the beacon / shop stand in game if you think something fishy is going on.

Personally i dont see underground builds / shops as a problem… if you cannot access it then report it. If theres a portal leading to it and you are on the “wrong side” thats not owners problem.
I def think underground builds are “harder” to access if you dont know where to go,but they should not be forced to cjange their builds cause of some people cant access their shop stands just cause they blindly followed the marker.

1 Like

If you’re on the “wrong side” of the portal and no one knows where the portal comes out, then yes, it is the owner’s problem.
Not all portals at shops are public access. Some lead to personal bases that are locked against intrusion.
No one’s forcing them to change their build. But if you can’t get in the shop, then it’s a reportable offense regardless.

2 Likes

no… i meant that if you are outside of the build… (only access is the portal.). thats not owners problem.
i maybe used wrong word… but thats what i meant.