Are the devs working on a update?

minecraft doesn’t seem to suffer from being behind in graphics :rofl:

7 Likes

On looking at the monumental website the last news was purchasing Boundless in 2022 and Boundless is not even listed as one of their games (at least I cant see it). Personally I’ve been keeping my gleamclub active and have gone from supporting 6 sovereigns down to 1. I’m one of those that don’t see the point of investing time in a game if its going to be wasted, but hold out the hope that since they purchased it they are going to do something with it. Otherwise wouldn’t it just be a monumental waste of money?

5 Likes

I keep an eye on the forums every day, personally. Once in a while, I hop on to play because I just love the game itself. I keep my beacons fueled. But I’m pretty much just waiting for news that Monumental is finally continuing development of the game.

I’m still left with a bitter taste in my mouth that neither studio could have kept their community informed as to the progress of development here. I know it can take a long time for a new studio to take over a game. But just like Wonderstruck decided to leave us on ‘Read’ for 1+ years, now Monumental apparently is. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I don’t get it, personally. Any news is better than none. But I’ve said it many times over the past few years and I’m just kinda waiting. Lots of other things to do in life; I can wait for Boundless.

5 Likes

One thing I picked up on reading through posts from Tiggs was that she was able to identify something as being hard coded vs config change on the server, which implies that someone at Monumental has gainer actual working knowledge of Boundless code.

4 Likes

I agree with nearly everyone on both sides as I have previously.

I personally cancelled my Gleam Club and also won’t be purchasing any sovereigns any time soon even though I am very much tempted to purchase both, but I can’t bring myself to purchase either when I’m unsure about the game and it’s future. I even stopped building, reclaimed nearly a year of work and quit for three months. I have since came back, because I enjoy the game.

I would like to think Monumental purchased a game with the intent to continue it and while I don’t need any updates personally, I would love to see some sort of effort to push the game in some way so that we can get the players that intend to play it again back and also get new players rolling in. I know new players spawn in…don’t see a soul for a week and just give up.

I would hope @monty1 could take some time and at least just acknowledge the concerns of most of us.

4 Likes

Good to see the Personal Planets disappearing thou.
They might do something if their recurring revenue disappears.
I’m happy to keep using greater beacon fuel in protest.

3 Likes

Just come play Diablo 4 lol - we need some “fresh meat :meat_on_bone:

1 Like

That would depend of the value of the company now. They might have picked it up for somewhat less.

1 Like

It’s absolutely amazing to me, and no zero offense meant to you of course @Rydralain, that we have to speculate about things like this in the first place. There has been zero transparency into the transfer process and any plans for development. We simply get "there’s nothing to report at this time almost a year and a half later.

2 Likes

I’d just be happy with them stating they plan to keep the server running for the next year. An update while great, isn’t going to do much for the game long term.

4 Likes

Spot on! For sure I’d play, if they came with a statement like:
“we commit to keep the server alive in 2025, although we’re experiencing difficulties migrating the game / developing new features etc”

Then I’d think, well, at least I can play and it will not be meaningless - it’s worth it.

Kind regards,

2 Likes

Monumental takes care of the game, they do maintenance, fix duplication bugs… for updates be patient there is a lot to do in the game.
And regarding the servers Tiggs has already said that the servers will always be open unless I am mistaken.

5 Likes

She has mentioned that they will keep the servers going and maintain them. I don’t think anyone is being impatient either it has been a year. Technically more if you want to take the Wonderstruck silence into account.

The game is great as it is for quite a few people, apparently around 100 or so people play the game give or take some AFK on Kol Huroo, some on private planets, etc.

I have been very patient, and I haven’t been playing as long as a good many of those who still play and many of those who have left. All that said, its not too hard to just give an update every month or so.

A little communication probably won’t solve the problem, but it does provide some comfort and a sense that the company that actually owns the game and continues to care about it.

It’s not even on their website… :person_shrugging:

And all this is coming from someone who is a large proponent for the game and its future.

2 Likes

wait this game has devs :innocent:

3 Likes

It is boring and unfinished as it is for more people.

this game isnt unfinished, just not updated but fully playable

2 Likes

Who cares it’s playable? It is missing features it was supposed to have, it is unfinished.

1 Like

Dont worry things will get better :relieved:

1 Like

I will preface this with, I hope something cures your boredom @Henk

Boredom has always been my reasoning behind losing players. The game has been out since what? 2012? Any game no matter how much content it has gets boring after 10+ years. Case in point is World of Warcraft, for myself and a great number of people in my old guild we quit because the game was boring and grindy after a certain point. So, everyone slowly quit, update after update came out and I decided to play it again.

Even though after about 6 major expansions with more content than I ever expected, I got bored with it and quit again.

Point being no amount of update will make the base game less boring if you are bored now. It’s a sandbox building game at its base and if you are not a builder the longevity of the game will be shorter for you. If you think Swords and Shields, are going to help, well you’d still have to use 95% of the base game to farm the materials and craft those. If you think Titans are going to be the cure for your boredom, again the base game is still there, but Titans would only add something else to grind.

Let’s go a step further, what if local universes came out? That could completely change the game as you might be able to tweak everything, have all the colors, instant access to all the ores, no crafting timers… wouldn’t that be more fun? Then again you could just play creative.

What features do you feel are missing? How is it "unfinished?

I think alot of people care if it’s playable including all those that played it previosuly.

3 Likes

Why the game has any other mechanics than placing and removing blocks if that should be enough?
Why the player population keeps declining if the game is complete and perfect as it is?
People didn’t play this game 10 years before getting bored with it.

Why it is so difficult for some people to comprehend that even if the game is enough to them, (most) other people find it lacking?

I have stated in other threads what features I would find improving the game. Those are subjective to me, but objectively the game is missing features that it was advertised and/or planned having. You can’t seriously be saying the game was launched feature compelete.

1 Like