Are there any plans for Boundless this year?

While I disagree with you on that being a thing that would actually be beneficial, I respect your opinion and your response.

2 Likes

Well, you’re being perfectly reasonable about it. No need to murder each other just because we’re on the Interweb.

But as someone who fondly remembers when they did weekly game updates, I could go for a birthday card or something at this point.

4 Likes

Amen, brother.

1 Like

You’re utterly deluded. A year ago the devs stopped responding to anything on these forums. Players who needed help get no response. It’s not just about updates. Although I can’t think of any MMO that would get away with no comment on updates for over a year. They behave as though it’s no longer anything to do with them. Although they’re not ‘too busy’ to keep appearing on the forums appearance list as someone pointed out.

And what about the contribution to the forum from the Square Enix employee? He obviously doesn’t share your nonchalant attitude. Obviously things are not okay with Boundless. And your apathetic acceptance doesn’t help in any way. So stop taking the high moral ground.

5 Likes

You okay, Etcher? Remember what Ingvar said;

I don’t see this as apathetic acceptance. It’s realistic expectations.

Be angry that there are no releases, yell about that, quit paying for the game, leave honest reviews about your experiences, don’t tell your friends to buy the game, all sounds reasonable to me. I just don’t think that a quarterly check-in is valuable. :man_shrugging:

you think they taking long what about the people waiting for the portal competition to vote winner since 2018

:grin:
butt i guess buckets of placable water aint so important anymore

4 Likes

I personally thought the “apathetic acceptance” was more targeted toward to notion of people being so ready to give a pass because the game works/is enjoyable in its current state, or when you essentially said “James told us where the development of 249 was 6 months ago, we don’t need to ask any more from him”.

There is something to be said about the notion that the customers should not accept to be kept in the dark by the devs, arguing infinitely in circles among themselves.

The more we accept it, the more we give companies a pass to do that, the more it will happen.
It’s something I tried to point out before, something that happened a lot in recent years (and it can’t all be pinned on COVID).

If you look outside of just Boundless, it is a terrifyingly growing trend to have games that get released by companies which mess-up their communications, or their budget, or their time, or just don’t have the proper skills to pull off what they wanted (or several/all of the above).

And so we get more and more games which are just incomplete or buggy as hell, and it now seems normal to think “eh, it’ll be fixed post-release in patches”. And some just never get completed or never get all their bugs fixed. Kinda like Boundless, which will likely remain in its incomplete state without Titans and such.

But it’s fine, right? The game is playable, afterall. That’s all we could ask for…

Might be the smartest thing you’ve ever said on this forum. :clap:

4 Likes

yes. Some people have too much of an emotional attachment to developers that probably don’t care about the player base. don’t have to leave the game, just don’t have to defend the devs at all costs. That’s my position on it, but there are absolutely people that are too deep into Boundless. Mostly neutral POV, but i’m not refueling my beacons this time.

3 Likes

This feels so irresponsible to me. Sometimes I’ll invest in a project hoping something will come of it, but I know that money might be gone. Otherwise, I only play games that I find fun right now, and I only pay for games that I find fun or believe will be fun in their current state.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Exact words from an 11 year old … “Why are all these people arguing over a game? Don’t they know its just a game? Why don’t they just enjoy it while they can?”

Then again I don’t let my son post on here…maybe I should.

7 Likes

It’s like I haven’t just made an argument about how there’s a systemic issue with the video-game industry that goes beyond Boundless, something we should fight, instead of giving into.
But sure, basically insult everyone’s intelligence by saying we might all be 13 yrs old (which includes you too), or by saying “shut up and enjoy the game, my 11 yrs old kid is wiser than y’all”, like you’re so beyond it all.
That’ll help.
:clap:

3 Likes

What is Oortian Keys?

1 Like

@CajunBeauty Basically you see the bonuses you get from buying the Deluxe Edition of the game, where you get stuff like a bonus +10% to your total amount of plots, the recipe for a special tool/weapon, and a title (which nobody will notice because it’s hidden somewhere in your character stat sheets instead of being displayed with your name above your character), and a bunch of cubits?

I recon it’s basically that, but on steroids, so something like a +40 or 50% to your total plots and such. Doesn’t sound like much, but when you have like 10000 available plots, when then it becomes 15000. Quickly adds-up.
It’s a backer’s reward. Something you can’t buy anywhere now because it was only available when the game was in it’s crowdfunding phase many years ago.
When you see someone crafting the Wayfarer’s Totem, it’s someone who’s been around for years and backed the game then.

Or maybe I’m confusing it with something else.

“I recon it’s basically that, but on steroids, so something like a +40 or 50% to your total plots and such.“

The highest tier backer is +200% plots.

2 Likes

I love to love this game. I feel like I’ve moved out of a childhood house which was awesome and full of wonder. Nowadays I can go visit the house every now and then, where I can still see what made the place so awesome, but its lost its spark. I would love to find it again :heart:

I do often drive by to see if its had any renovations though of course

9 Likes

Nope no renovations
See you next month
:wink: <3

Digging up that backer rewards list again… is an awkward reminder of just how many promises weren’t fulfilled AT LAUNCH.

We need someone to go over to Developers’ World and yell at them to come back to their forums. Anybody know how to get there?.. :unamused:

2 Likes

I did a Break from the Forum because i Had to think about all the comments of several Threads
And was even thinking about to quit the Game but i ve decided to continue and ignore some Things Here and there so will have fun again even on the Forum .
And there are so many people i am helping which have fun with the Game thats Most important to me :grinning::grinning::grinning:

And even No Updates are coming this Game has so much you can do and to enjoy more than Other Triple AAA Game for 60 or more bucks…
And i ve still Plans i am working on…
Stay Boundless
Greetings Turrican2006

8 Likes

also a silly mask and iron fist our golden fist

2 Likes