Are there any plans for Boundless this year?

Except videos exist of this exact thing. People having plotted areas for months and then someone complains and he has been shown to just show up and remove those plotted areas. It has caused controversy more than once and has implied favoritism towards backers over everyone else.
I had my own experience to, where he removed my access to a beacon that another player had given because another player complained.

1 Like

So by your logic breaking the rules becomes ok, when It stays unnoticed long enough. Well that’s not how it works.
There is a very vocal group of griefers that like to pull stuff out of context to play victim. I’m surprised again and again by how many people get fooled by them. The legend of favoritism keeps living on.

Oh come on. Politics aside, one backer who was eventually got booted definitely enjoyed favoritism, regardless of whose side one is on. I consider myself neutral, I never had problems with that player, for what it’s worth.

That’s merely the most egregious example.

I do think it is also a squeaky wheel gets the grease issue, but there has never been a true dispute process with both sides being heard in this game. Unlike most MMOs.

Having the CEO as the only GM in the game is not a good idea.

3 Likes

I think the point Tarranth was trying to get across was that James has had a tendency to resolve issues in a… let’s say “half-@$$ed” way, by just coming, assessing the situation without actually trying to get in touch with anyone, and removing plots just like that.

I’ve personally had the experience of being griefed, sending a support e-mail, having James show-up suddenly, remove plots and state “yeah, plot protection will solve that, I’ll post something on the forum in an hour” and leaving. Spoiler, his forum post came a few weeks later, the feature months later, and the griefer had receive no warning or no explanation. We needed mediation, and James did not help, so we ended-up being chased from our settlement by the griefers.

Even worse : I could’ve been a troll-griefer and pretended to be the victim to have him come and remove plots of someone I didn’t like. I’m pretty sure he was too much in a hurry to check anything, he just took my word for it.

James never was the person who should’ve been handling issues that like

But wait, here’s the kicker : I’ve had a second griefer on my hands after I arrived on Raxxa. Pretty sure by this point that most people heard of Krasniy and how he was a clever griefer walking the fine line of code of conduct. The BS I went through with him goes DEEP.
Well, here’s the funny difference : Krasniy was a big backer, a whale, so even with GOD DAMN IRON-CLAD PROOFS of his misdeeds (like admission of him lying to everyone, James included, proof that the stuff he built next to me was 100% made to enrage me, whereas he kept pretending he built there randomly), he was constantly getting a pass, and it basically took the Boundless equivalent of a Class Action Lawsuit to get rid of him. Although I’m not even sure that did a lot in the end as he was banned for cheating with the compactness rule.

Still, I’m pretty sure he managed to stay as long as he did because he was a backer and James wasn’t hot on trying to get rid of him. That’s what I think Tarranth was saying.

4 Likes

ONLY two griefers? Ohhhhh let me tell you some tales of woe about dkmall griefers and GM inaction, my old friend, come have a drink with me

4 Likes

Well, to be fair, these two weren’t alone, they each had several others buttheads helping them, and mine were pretty venomous (although it’s not a contest :stuck_out_tongue: ).
Both K-dawg and the Spanish Inquisition (as I like to call them, because I sure as hell wasn’t expecting them) were relentless, and to this day, the spanish one still tends to throw sh!t at me on the forum acting like we’re friends.
But yeah, after I was done with K-dawg (and it took 8 months), I got to enjoy some peace and quiet around my place. Maybe people liking my build meant I was getting off easy, too. Eitherway, it was only 6 months before I got tired of playing the game as we went into 2021 and… well, you know the state of the game :

3 Likes

Sound like you need a little grieving to get you back in the swing of things. :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::v::beers:

3 Likes

Nah, all I need is an update to the game containing new furniture items. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes
  1. Please don’t take a statement I made in regards to another topic and try to link it to a completely different issue that wasn’t even being talked about. It helps to keep replies in the “context” of what the message was at least closely - not excessively different topics. If things got mixed up then okay but I wasn’t making statements in that area.

2. There really wasn’t favoritism on any level that I saw. Or at best it was a few select things that might have happened that appeared to be favoritism but were likely just more a decision he made. So generalizations stating that “backers” are treated better than normal players is utter junk. There were many situations where people and guilds that were full backers of the game were stuck having to deal with troll type behavior that was within the “lines of acceptable” and James did nothing. Some of the game systems (like plot buffers) were done to solve everyone’s need and not just backers. Now, in EA there was a few cases where some people got special things while others didn’t but I saw that happen for backers and just players alike.

Lastly, of course he is human and had his own views on what he should do and I don’t doubt he made decisions that people didn’t like and were maybe not the best answer to the problem… But I saw many cases where he just kept it to the same set of rules even when people weren’t always going to come out ahead. My own guild was affected by stuff and he never crossed a line… and we had players that were some of the first to buy the game.

At the end of the day if people had James do something they didn’t like regarding a dispute and they want to call him a jerk, then they are more than allowed to. My previous point was that people are calling him that and trying to disparage them NOW because they won’t communicate the way they want. Those efforts don’t help the game at this point…

1 Like

It has been always art to get players out of games by making them so angry that they will break rules :smiley:

2 Likes

technically he did not get banned for the compactness but for ‘‘racism’’
also if the compactness rule reallllly got him the ban-hammer he does deserve a unban
only because there are so many people still breaking the compactness rule that nothing is done about, that its bloody unfair to punish a few people and let the rest go free

1 Like

they can try now :stuck_out_tongue: the sactuary is protected by a border of 20k plots :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

amen to that bro

1 Like

Oh I’m aware. You should put it all in reclaim. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

how much you’re paying?.. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Hahaha. I kid obviously. Though my grieving comments I made did give me an idea for a PVP planet which might be fun. Working out some details then I’ll see if there’s 8 people in the community willing to do it for a month. :thinking:

1 Like

im curious about the pvp project of yours, sounds like fun!

1 Like

I wish I could have gotten in on that, but I didn’t find Boundless until after all of that was over. I am always late to the party lol.

1 Like

Same. Now I couldn’t have got the most expensive one. But would have loved the chieftain one. As I really want that head piece. And the bonus plots would be sweet not that I need them as much now.

I would have probably been in the same boat, but now I have to create a whole ton of alt characters to get more plots.

1 Like