Are there any plans for Boundless this year?

So I guess I am 29+25. So I guess once the 2nd number gets bigger than the 1st number I will have chose a new 1st number. Or maybe 29+10^1.4

6 Likes

@XxymoxX I still have 18 more years THEN I will worry about celebrating my 29th 29th bday lmao :joy:

1 Like

Thereā€™s a reason this is a product

6 Likes

Almost 50 here

4 Likes

Body is 65, mind is 18, reality says 35.

4 Likes

Wow, at first I thought that was a typo but you actually calculated the exponent.

Well played.

3 Likes

Well he was off by .12 but Iā€™ll give it to him

1 Like

ā€¦ Unless he was born a month-and-a-half ago?

2 Likes

so it seems right now. And the fact that they probably cant work on anything else is singed in their contracts for the baldur gate studios. Lets hope that when they finish that IP they will come back with full force to Boundless. This game have so muuuuch potential.

1 Like

Well they still have the other ip, agent zero, in the works as well.

1 Like

Is there any reason to believe they would spend time on that rather than Boundless if given the opportunity to work on a non-Larian project?

If boundless isnā€™t turning a profit ā€¦I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the devs change course .

2 Likes

Except videos exist of this exact thing. People having plotted areas for months and then someone complains and he has been shown to just show up and remove those plotted areas. It has caused controversy more than once and has implied favoritism towards backers over everyone else.
I had my own experience to, where he removed my access to a beacon that another player had given because another player complained.

1 Like

So by your logic breaking the rules becomes ok, when It stays unnoticed long enough. Well thatā€™s not how it works.
There is a very vocal group of griefers that like to pull stuff out of context to play victim. Iā€™m surprised again and again by how many people get fooled by them. The legend of favoritism keeps living on.

Oh come on. Politics aside, one backer who was eventually got booted definitely enjoyed favoritism, regardless of whose side one is on. I consider myself neutral, I never had problems with that player, for what itā€™s worth.

Thatā€™s merely the most egregious example.

I do think it is also a squeaky wheel gets the grease issue, but there has never been a true dispute process with both sides being heard in this game. Unlike most MMOs.

Having the CEO as the only GM in the game is not a good idea.

3 Likes

I think the point Tarranth was trying to get across was that James has had a tendency to resolve issues in aā€¦ letā€™s say ā€œhalf-@$$edā€ way, by just coming, assessing the situation without actually trying to get in touch with anyone, and removing plots just like that.

Iā€™ve personally had the experience of being griefed, sending a support e-mail, having James show-up suddenly, remove plots and state ā€œyeah, plot protection will solve that, Iā€™ll post something on the forum in an hourā€ and leaving. Spoiler, his forum post came a few weeks later, the feature months later, and the griefer had receive no warning or no explanation. We needed mediation, and James did not help, so we ended-up being chased from our settlement by the griefers.

Even worse : I couldā€™ve been a troll-griefer and pretended to be the victim to have him come and remove plots of someone I didnā€™t like. Iā€™m pretty sure he was too much in a hurry to check anything, he just took my word for it.

James never was the person who shouldā€™ve been handling issues that like

But wait, hereā€™s the kicker : Iā€™ve had a second griefer on my hands after I arrived on Raxxa. Pretty sure by this point that most people heard of Krasniy and how he was a clever griefer walking the fine line of code of conduct. The BS I went through with him goes DEEP.
Well, hereā€™s the funny difference : Krasniy was a big backer, a whale, so even with GOD DAMN IRON-CLAD PROOFS of his misdeeds (like admission of him lying to everyone, James included, proof that the stuff he built next to me was 100% made to enrage me, whereas he kept pretending he built there randomly), he was constantly getting a pass, and it basically took the Boundless equivalent of a Class Action Lawsuit to get rid of him. Although Iā€™m not even sure that did a lot in the end as he was banned for cheating with the compactness rule.

Still, Iā€™m pretty sure he managed to stay as long as he did because he was a backer and James wasnā€™t hot on trying to get rid of him. Thatā€™s what I think Tarranth was saying.

4 Likes

ONLY two griefers? Ohhhhh let me tell you some tales of woe about dkmall griefers and GM inaction, my old friend, come have a drink with me

4 Likes

Well, to be fair, these two werenā€™t alone, they each had several others buttheads helping them, and mine were pretty venomous (although itā€™s not a contest :stuck_out_tongue: ).
Both K-dawg and the Spanish Inquisition (as I like to call them, because I sure as hell wasnā€™t expecting them) were relentless, and to this day, the spanish one still tends to throw sh!t at me on the forum acting like weā€™re friends.
But yeah, after I was done with K-dawg (and it took 8 months), I got to enjoy some peace and quiet around my place. Maybe people liking my build meant I was getting off easy, too. Eitherway, it was only 6 months before I got tired of playing the game as we went into 2021 andā€¦ well, you know the state of the game :

3 Likes

Sound like you need a little grieving to get you back in the swing of things. :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::v::beers:

3 Likes

Nah, all I need is an update to the game containing new furniture items. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes