Art: 'Pipes' and Engines

Initially I put ‘razzle dazzle’ but then a quick check at urban dictionary states that that means something sexual. So I retracted my decision.

5 Likes

Too scared to make poll myself :smiley:

We were thinking names like ‘conduit’. Didn’t settle yet as we don’t know its full function. And I think we are going for having the ‘pipe’ meshes to be merge-able, and with the end pieces only at the end of the run. Also, corner meshes will most likely be in place like 1 to branch in any direction.

Definitely loving 4, 5 and 2 in the pipes. Not only do they look great but I can see a lot of potential just using them for fine detail in walls and statues I don’t know if you can place them on something other than a machine but you should definitly consider making it a thing

I like 4/11 pretty much, very unique :slight_smile: 1 looks more like a plug and much too big for a “cable”. Don’t like 1 at all as a cable o.o

Engine 1

Well I´ll give it a try.

0 voters

0 voters

2 Likes

2,3 and 5 look more like different tiers/strenghts of conduits/cables.

2 Likes

i love #1 pipe sooo much and i love the #6 engine sooo much

Pipes…10

Engines…5

My vote!

i can only see 5 pipes am i missing something?

I like the #4 cable. It feels like it would be the easiest to work with and would look awesome. Out of the engines I liked #3 and #4, but I would prefer the engine shown in #11 much more.

the #5 pipe is SO AWESOME!
I just imagine connecting it up and a bunch of glowing tentacles growing across the room!
they can writhe around as power runs through them
faster writhing = more power

I also like #4 but I feel it is too similar in concept to redstone
while #1 looks like redstone used to look like back in alpha/beta

1 Like

really good work I like them most also the glowing would be cool to see in those dark nights

They all look amazing. Could we all of them with different abilities?

Is there any time soon where we’ll get the developers intents for machinery and the like, so we can debate/discuss it as a community?

I especially love the pipe concept 4 … love those flying stones ^^ … but the cubes (2) are also cool.

for the engines I would love to take the Nr 4, but 1 and 7 are also quite nice :wink:

Power core #7 with Pipe #4 would be the best combination in my opinion.

@devs, @james: maye you can answer some questions i already asked in the power core topic (where i don’t got any anwers)

this question is done … we use pipes right ? can they be used for long distances ?

last but not least … before i can vote for engines i like to know what the do ?! … are they for the workbanches ? or do they work indivually ?

I assume you can use them for however long you want if you have the materials. Probably need to wait for a designer to tell you for sure though. @ben said he’ll get to writing up a master post about them eventually.

2 Likes

Checking your first post again I have to say that I liked your first concept of “real physical” pipes a lot more than this “energy beam” concept.

5 Likes

Why not use them for stuff that can actually flow through said pipes?

2 Likes

Those ones are more proper pipes than the proposed ‘conduits’.

Would be good to get some sort of liquid transfer so we can use those ones too! Machines everywhere! ^^

3 Likes