Atmosphere Resistance

The debuff number now shows your protection difference (how far off you are from full protection)

So in your case, the one signifies that you are 1 protection level short of being able to survive on that planet.

The ranks of Atmosphere hazard are now 1, 3 , 5 and 7 to balance against being able to survive forever once the protection required is met

6 Likes

i’m honestly happy with the change,so thank you guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Im also pretty happy with the changes.:smile:

1 Like

Ok, so no icon means all is good.

How it’s related to world’s tier?

1 Like

Placid 0
Temperate 0
Rugged 0
Inhospitable 1
Turbulent 3
Fierce 5
Savage 7
Brutal 10

7 Likes

Holy ■■■■…

1 Like

Should probably mention that the 4th and 5th tier of the Atmosphere skills give you an additional 2 points of protection!

8 Likes

So it maxes out at 7, so you will need food always on t8 (once it exists?) But I thought food buffs only gave +2 to atmo level as best :confused:

I have 4 points in potent protection, I get that under the new system this will allow me to stay on planets like Atlantis (sorry can’t remember the real name) and Cardass indefinitely, but up until the update these points also allowed me to stay on planets like Delta Cancret for extended periods but now it’s just instant drowning. How come?

The Atmosphere protection Pies grant 3!

On the old system, Lush, Coal and Metal planets ended up in this strange Limbo “Neutral Hazard” atmosphere category which would take your highest protection skill. We thought just added an extra level of confusion in this already expansive system
We have since rolled them into one of the 3 existing categories;
Lush → Caustic
Metal → Potent
Coal → Volatile

4 Likes

Ahh ok thanks for explaining, I didn’t see that part mentioned in the patch notes.

That information should probably appear in their respective protection skill description

1 Like

Unfortunately there was a mistake in the localisation and it will be corrected in a future update

4 Likes

It is quite inconvenient when you are used to the old system.

2 Likes

I think at least the names of the tier 4 planets should reflect which protection you need by nature. that a coal world needs volatile is not very “intuitive” on the first glace :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah. Something like:

Inhospitable Coal World
Poor Volatile Atmosphere

2 Likes

The numbering alignment doesn’t make any sense between the planets and the skill level required. I was entirely confused. I expected to spend 1 point in protection and be fine on a L4 planet, 2 points safe on L5, 3 on L6, etc. Having to spend an extra point per tier seems convoluted and not “easier to understand” as the change was meant to be. I did like being able to spend fewer points and having a short time of protection, but I don’t mind the all or nothing system now. But really, I shouldn’t ever spend a skill point in something and not see ANY return on investment. Unless I’m missing something, that’s what it seems I’m getting when I have only 2/5 protection.

7 Likes

may be they reduce the skills simply to 1-4 … 1 for tier 4, then up to 4 for tier 7 and for tier 8 you need food (like it is needed by plans for now). You are right … no gain for skill lvl 2 seems odd. If this would be on a higher level it would make more sense, but even there it seems still not so “userfriendly”. It’s reducing the need of food (at least the tier of it) but that is not a good and obvious reason.

1 Like

It appears that you must have the correct type of protaction for the given planet…
Lush --> Caustic
Metal --> Potent
Coal --> Volatile
So putting points into one type doesnt effect all types… nor should it given the fact there are 3 type of protection…
I’m pretty sure we’re not ment to wonder the boundless universe without the proper setups for the specific places we’re all heading in…
I’m guessing there’s a greater goal to separate and force us to trade between one another to get stuff from other planets…
No one Oortian is supposed be able to lay claim on every planet…
This method would be the same if we actually lived in said planets… your kind would developed resistance to your home planets and be more prone to death on others…
Seems pretty evolutionary in my opinion…

3 Likes