Attractive Female Character Models?

Why? Human men and women are far more identical than the current character models.

Unless you’re saying that they should be extremely variant. Like the men should be small cyst-like creatures, while the women have massive jaws and glowing antennae to lure small fish.

I could totally get behind that.

Lol. I just think the female should have maybe some different options to choose different head pieces and maybe a different face my male has the same face as my female

While you make a valid point, and I don’t care either way. Don’t you think “girls” should have the options to dress both butchy and pretty?

The character model supports face changing, I imagine it’s already either in development or scheduled.

3 Likes

I 100% support more face options. For sure. But I support that for every assemblance of the character model.

Yes, this. Radical sexual dimorphism along a non-mammilian axis with a sessile phase and a hermaphroditic metamorphpsis where you need to craft a chrysalis out of Foliage and Tangle. Also, please bring fish into the game.

1 Like

That’s not what gaslighting means.

But his meaning is true enough. I like the direction this chat is going, but let’s stay well clear of disenfranchising groups of people please.

5 Likes

I’m not entirely sure if I’m one of the people making this a warzone or not. I suspect I am.

But the point ultimate is, it’s ok to ask for more character customization options. It’s a little odd to ask for hotter female character models.

I’d love more effeminate male options and more masculine female options as well.

More options is definitely what I will always advocate for!

Like I said originally, I agree that it would be nice to be able to change the look of our faces in the game. However, it’s not a priority to me.

2 Likes

Ooooo snap.

Maybe they should change it to “muscular build” and “slighter build”

I realize someone put a lot of work into this character design and liked it. Others like it.
But others like myself want something different. Honestly if I had variety and saw many races going around, I wouldn’t bat an eye at the current race. If we had clothes I’d actually chuckle at someone running around in a butt wrap.

But I feel like I’m being forced to conform. Everyone is the same with slight color and “hair” differences.
I’m on a time limit and can’t find the post with the alt races poll, but they were all amazing and didn’t feel gender specific or even sexualized.
I’m hoping this is one of the “secret, not mentioned” things being worked on in the background.

2 Likes

I don’t think they really need to be super attractive, just more options in the face , lol just tired of looking at the Thanos Jawline :rofl:

7 Likes

Wait you’re onto something… we now know what happened to our ancestors… we lived on thano’s home planet and we ran out of resources…devs could have stopped the infinity wars.

3 Likes

they did not and half the population died… maybe that is why it seems there are fewer players?

2 Likes

Which also explains why we don’t have pants! We lack the resources

1 Like

Actually, thinking on it, if Boundless is going the non gender-specific route, they need to get rid of the chest wrap.
Or, for the ppl who would feel awkward without clothing, make a ratty shirt option at character creation for both builds.
It would have to be available equally and not the “bikini” look.

1 Like

they should just let the shlongs hang low, maybe add ragdoll effects when running/movement/jumping

Actually, thinking on it, if Boundless is going the non gender-specific route, they need to get rid of the chest wrap.
Or, for the ppl who would feel awkward without clothing, make a ratty shirt option at character creation for both builds.
It would have to be available equally and not the “bikini” look.

Yeah totally. That was my thought on it.

1 Like

It’s not that they couldn’t get away with bad graphics. It’s that publishers are clueless to what a diverse set of gamers want (they see gamers as a monolithic consumer, or more accurately, a flock of sheep) and they became reliant on tiny focus groups, thinking it’s the safe way to fill shareholder pockets and ofcourse outdoing each other in a dumb arms race that ended up bankrupting loads of smaller studios as staff and costs ballooned. Look at Fortnite, it’s a cartoon. Nothing great looking about it. It wouldn’t look out of place on ps3 and there would still be better lookers on that hardware…
There are still plenty of teams around making profit with games that aren’t reliant on flashy ultra realistic graphics. Ftl, undertale, binding of Isaac, isometrics, 2d games, w/e

Graphics are overrated. Depth and gameplay is where it’s at.

One game I had lots of fun playing was oxenfree it did not have the best graphics it had a great story

3 Likes