Base inspiration screenshots

Post your screenshots!

I’m now level 25ish and looking to rebuild the first haphazard makeshift base that I built into something (hopefully) wonderful and functional…

Post photos of your workshop set ups, storage spaces etc to inspire me! I’m sick of living in a square stone house :laughing:

Obviously my base won’t be huge… but any inspiration is welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: some awesome ideas, though most are vastly larger than what I’ll be able to accomplish at the moment :laughing:

Here’s my current base, almost finished :slight_smile: Tried to go for low lighting so things pop out more.

Short term storage is a lot larger than in my previous one, it gets annoying if your shelves fill up after every farming run.

9 Likes

Looks really good! I love the lighting and the whole theme of it.
I think my storage area will be somewhat similar to that layout, looks a decent size (if not a little big) for the level I’m at

are your furnace bases set into the floor?

This is actually just one of 3 similar storage spaces, in addition to long term storage which is bigger, fills the basement :smiley:

Yes the furnace bases are in the floor, I think it looks nicer that way.

Oo such a good idea with the furnaces! This is what I was looking for haha little tricks like that that I hadn’t thought of yet!

Well it looks excellent, I thought about having a larger basement storage room for overflow and then a smaller version near my machines that I can keep stocked from downstairs… I really need to get organised and start the serious grind lol

if I had any advice, if planning on staying in same area, is to leave room to expand, because you’ll eventually want to.
I’ve enlarged my storage work shop about 5 times and probably will do so some more (gleambow, darn you!).

2 Likes

Thanks for that. leads me to my next big personal debate… stay where I am (right next to Rivertown where I first warped when I started, not much room for expansion) or pack up and find somewhere new.

I’ve grown quite attached to Arie though and consider it my home planet so I may just have a look around for a deserted area now I have the skills and fuel for a few portals

So i have all my machines set up with storage a bit behind each one with items used in each machine, like monster parts behind extractor and gems behind compactor. Overflow items that would take up a lot of storage space i put in shop stands in the ground and put a high price on them so i can see whats in each shop stand. I also have storage right below each machine for quick access items. Im at work atm so cant take screenshots :laughing:

1 Like

That makes sense, so a different section of storage near each machine and then overflow. Ideas are brewing in my mind! :smiley:

depends on your ambition :slight_smile:
I took a spot on a small island in a big lake because I knew I wanted to build. and build.
But I’m a solo player and that’s how I play.
Having ability to put up portals opens up your options immeasurably…room to expand but still be connected to communities.
Or can do a build in the wilderness and also in cities.
Really down to your play style.

3 Likes

I’m struggling between my natural solo type play style and wanting to create something others will come and see/use

I think for now I’m going to be a loner and just focus on myself until I can make a decent contribution to a community… I think you just helped me decide that I’m moving house :open_mouth: daunting!! Looks like I’m exploring Arie tonight to find somewhere scenic and lonely hahah

2 Likes

The planets are pretty massive and do vary greatly in scenery. Nothing wrong with going it alone and learning as you go; I’ve done the same exact thing. Tho my aspirations may be a bit overwhelming atm, I’d love to create something that will eventually be functional, inviting and contributive in some way. I’ve redone my workshop at least three times to keep expanding and I’m still not satisfied, lol.

You’ll probably always be able to find room for improvement. The further along you get (and the more alts you make) the more plots and materials you’ll have access to. It’s such a fun process! Building underground works wonders for that, too.

Good luck and have fun. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, the sheer volume of stuff to do and level and gather is one of the reasons this game is so magnificent hah. It’s a long project that you can’t just master in a month… I’m very excited to get started properly!!

5 Likes

I did start writing a post that was basically a tour of my build. I spent half an hour at it and aded about 15 screenshots and decided I better stop :wink:

Come by Lantern Gardens on Raxxa if you would like a tour. I’ve got plenty of access!

Loot drop / sorting cabinets:

Shop stands on the outside:

And a little workshop underneath:

Later I added a portal hub:

With a Ready Room

And a player portal area

There’s the slide to the sunken plaza below:

Where I recently made a shop:

Stairs from the street:

The shop has a completely underwater room, and merges into my storage, built into the mountain:

Here’s an aerial view to give you an idea of where it sits, onthe corner of the city over/in the water:

I had some adventures, and entirely moved my base once. This base won’t be moving, though I will be building some others around the boundlessverse. A single t6 hunt can fuel a personal portal for 80 - 100 days depending on how well you do so really, if you find a wonderful spot, there’ snot reason to worry (too much) about how close it is to others once you level up into your 30 or so and can can hang around freely on level 3.

Oh! I almost forgot my new refinery!

Ah my building isn’t the greatest perhaps, but that’s what I’ve got going on. I’ve got some stuff on other planets but nothing serious. I’m eyeballing a friend’s settlement on houchus, but I think it’s always wise to have a low level facility that any character can access, and not so dependent on connections through multiple regions.

Good luck finding a spot! Also as hard as it might be to believe, that’s a lot shorter than the post I was going to make. I might actually do a thread/tour about it later now that i ran around and took screen shots.

9 Likes
2 Likes

I can post some pics also “if” you want examples of a large setup. Nothing i have is small but my Glue station…
:thinking:

2 Likes

you dont need massive storage just for the things you like to do

could you tell about things you like to do and if you love nature our techno style etc
:smile: then we can add inspiration suited for your needs

my house has 3 storages the big wall off drop off ■■■■
and the other my chisels room :and stone room

the blocked part is what i thought rubbish was in english lol

2 Likes

Junk would probably be appropriate in English lol

Or stuff

2 Likes