Beginners shop @ the sunset forge market

It is not an exploit and everybody can find out how it works, the centreforge is the same for all of us.

3 Likes

Keep your replies on the topic, if you want responses to be on the topic.

1 Like

I’m still trying to figure it out myself. So far from my observations I think you are restricted to 4 gem tools at 200% effectiveness and you said you don’t use decon resin. Still trying to figure out how you get so many boon points but I haven’t given up yet.

Sorry to derail the thread further @HOST good luck with your sales. For the record, forging is a difficult and annoying task that should be rewarded and also people can price their wares however they like.

2 Likes

IDK I can see why @HOST decided to punch back but this thread is going to confuse some people who obviously don’t know what they’re looking at.

First, my simping credentials, I’ve supported a few forgers:

That last stack of 113 is unforged. These are leftovers, I’ve been mining this week for the first time in many, many months. I used to have a hahbit of buying out forge shops for T6 :rofl: Let’s have a look:

Here’s a nice speed hammer, T6. You’re going to be looking for 8 - 9 k for this? At the time I got it, it was around 10k.

Here’s the ForgeThatsGood hammer from above, for 10k.

Note a couple of things here - I don’t have any 45 speed diamonds left or I would have picked an identical forge. Nonetheless these are equal forges, 3x3 with a level 8 and level 9. Rank 340 both of them.

There are a couple of things to note:

• The T1 hammer in this configuration is going to make 2x the swings.
  • The T1 hammer is going to be much faster. It’s not forged for damage so it has 2 other boons
  • The Topaz is actually slightly harder to forge, with a bit less flexibility than the diamond.

There’s absolutely no need to go all nuts and throwing around some of what’s been said in this thread.

Buying hammers like this sapphire below for about 4k is not comparable in any way. Don’t be blinded by someone saying “T1”.

I forge those and like that would sell it for 3500 - 3800c. If I even accidentally got dura or speed on it, it’s going to 5k. More if I decide to push. Note the middle level of flexibility, and the boon levels.

I hope that helps someone who is confused by this argument. These topaz aren’t the cheapest hammers but there’s no scam or other nastiness here. They’re solidly forged to “near max” levels.

If it was going to save me an hour of BUTT stuff trying to find a deal I would happily buy a couple stacks of these.

3 Likes

I see it like this:

When people want to mine on a T1 planet they buy a good forged Titanium hammer. Cheap, fast, AOE etc. and it gets the job done.

Those Topaz hammers look more like farming hammers to me. But they are way too fast for farming but they are also too weak for mining. Well, low tier mining can be done with that Titanium hammer I was talking about above.

So for me those Topaz mining hammers are just too expensive for mining resources on low tier planets.

I don’t know what ForgeThatsGood was thinking these hammers were good for, but maybe you just bought the wrong hammers… made the wrong deal… and now you want to sell them again hoping to get as many coins back for what you paid for it.

I just don’t know what else to think about this. :question:

2 Likes

These are block farming hammers. Who mines t1? Resource drops are a couple times higher per seam at higher tiers. Lol I’m getting up and down trying to sleep so I’ll try not to go on too much.

They’re leveling tools, mad cubit farmers, and also in the modern sov age, solid coin multipliers.

Those topaz hammers are going to drop 36000 blocks each in a block farm. For example, gleam, where the current market rate for bulk is 1c/block. This is going to hit you with a rate of 3.6 coins roughly for 1c blocks per coin spent. And it’s going to be fast. These are also going to spare the desire for much (if any speed brew, they’re useless with these.

In the beginning we only had T5+ for this. Now it’s largely, if not primarily, a T1 activity. I can get you posts describing this from the first month the game was live as a solid alternative to tables for active players, here’s one from 2019 with a vid:

Recent videos on T1 block farming here - I went in an orb farm but if someone just wants rocks you can see how fast an inventory is filled with one of those sapphire tools from above, and fast brews:

The OP has a video of a T1 gleam ball in it and a couple posts later you can see me using a shovel in a way you could use to fill your inventory with blocks in 5 - 7 minutes with one of these topaz.

If you’re looking to do something like this:

You’re going to burn about 30 of these, 55 - 60 of the cheap ones. And this is still going to be a lot faster, unless you want to burn speed brews with the other hammers.

So, hammers are the least useful tools on T1 - if these had been shovels or axes they would already be leaving the stands. Nonetheless, if you go burn one of these out in a gleam ball, you’re going to go 260 profit (360% return) in 15 - 20 minutes with the proper build and maybe some starberry pies.

Drop rates for many resources are just like this:

Also the titanium hammer has 1500 durability so you’re starting off the bat (whatever you do to it) with 40% more hammer buying topaz. Since it takes nearly the same forging to achieve the same boon levels. Titanium is slightly more flexible but, yeah. 40% more dura and about 10% more base damage is the difference between 2650 and 4000 swings at that durability level. Or, a third titanium hammer.

I hope that helps.

Also @May-L04 sorry for your shop thread :smirk: This goes well with what I was posting the last weeks about the game mechanics, though.

EDIT: I clarified a number and want to add that I’d rather make topaz or sapphires than titanium. A titanium hammer (base recipe) is 15 ores roughly from levels 1-4. There’s 15 gems in a gem hammer and other than the handle wrap they use the same materials.

EDIT 2 after some cooking: Not to disparage anyone’s play style. New players need to work their way up and some people stay in a comfort zone. I don’t know many players that work the high levels who would ‘waste’ titanium on tools any more. Titanium is a disproportionate effort to make and it’s best (again IMO) in blocks.

4 Likes

Also, with speed hammers you free up the brew slot. I often use a persisting pie with energy over time brews (don’t even need mega of those using topaz hammer energy drain). 3 to 4 energy over time brews usually ends in a full inventory, making those speed hammers last much longer with the persisting pies.

99% sure you only need level 8 speed on a topaz tool for speed cap, any forging above that is a waste of materials.

4 Likes

raises hand The game’s resident coward who runs from the red dots :slight_smile: Apart from the public diamond on Serp and Bob’s saltpetre farm, almost all of my resource gathering is done on T1 worlds, and for those I use titanium AoE and as cheap as I can buy.

1 Like

Yeah fair enough, and I already added that second edit up there because while I was cooking I realized that was insensitive.

As long as someone is selling titanium tools, people are going to use them. And if a forger is buying or trading for tools to forge, the level/type of effort to produce it doesn’t matter.

I will add though, that with no added damage a titanium 3x3 tool is 2 hitting rocks and 3 hitting seams at level 1. Ignoring seams for the moment as they’re a small percentage of blocks at these levels. this means that a theoretical AoE Titanium with level 8 dura (3100 swings) is going to break 13950 blocks.

A topaz like above is one hitting - even with no added durability it’s going to break 21,600 blocks. If you forge it also to level 8 durability as above it’s breaking 36000. The topaz without the damage is going to break roughly 50% more blocks. Assuming you can hit 3x3 every time which is a farming situation not a mining one.

Nonetheless, the ratio will remain the same for mining and you actually can’t forge a titanium hammer to do what those topaz we’re talking about can do for you. To single hit “hard” blocks you’re going to need a damage boon. And if you’re 2-hitting you’re only getting half the use from your tool’s durability.

That second hit with the titanium is just to clean up an extra 60 damage :sweat_smile:

This is a real hidden costs of titanium being “cheaper”. If you can find a titanium forged to the same levels as a gem for more than a ~500c price difference the forger is undercutting themselves to sell cheap.

Again sorry I’m sick and trying not to come off rude especially since someone being a jerk is what started this whole tangent in the first place. As soon as you go 3x3 though, the value equation changes.

Also the amount of mining you can do in the same amount of time is basically doubled :thinking:

3 Likes

Exactly. It could be a T1 with 3x3, high speed, and high dura for example. That would be 3 different gums with high levels (not 3 levels max like magnet or glow). This has comparable cost to the T6 ones.

1 Like

Exactly my point. Thanks @Eneitgranny for your post.

Not in a million years Eneit would buy a Topaz Hammer for 9.999 instead.

3 Likes

There’s nothing really wrong with that to be honest. We all make our choices.

Calling someone a scammer because you don’t have a basic understanding of what’s going on is a little different though. It’s the next day now but this thread got a little wild. I’m sure we’ll have mods back soon.

I have forged a lot and know exactly what I am talking about, trust me. :smiley:

3 Likes

I wasn’t talking about you. I didn’t notice you calling anyone a scammer or other offensive names.

The numbers are there for these hammers. I got a gleam order last night and fully expect to make 700k+ profit on ~270k worth of hammers in the next 3 to 4 days. Plus my investment back of course. I only have 14 t1 sapphire hammers so I just left HOST’s place.

They’ll save me an additional few k in speed brews as well as having nearly twice the durability. And I don’t have a forge set up anyways. Everybody needs to move at their own pace, it’s a game. There was just lots of aggression here yesterday.

3 Likes

All in all. Metal tools have their right on the market, it depends on how YOU choose to use them. If anyone remembers that I advertised back then when legendary had the beginner shop without any forges and the spooky orb season started, that silver axes just do as good as any gem tool. If you’re a newbie or just have no coins, you will choose a naked silver axe for slapping mushrooms over any forged gem tool. In the end it does the job if you’re having the right skills and reach the damage needed. You pay then for a tool 100-200c. While forged gem axes cost quick few thousand. Alone a naked topaz costs 700-900c. Buy 3-4 silver axes to reach the same durability as one naked topaz tool and you save even money. Just an example, because it really matters what you’re doing with your tools, what is required. I’m the head of the sunset forge market, but I would never say forged stuff is always the best choice. If you like to save inventory spaces, be faster, more effective, keep your tools longer so you don’t need to repeatedly run off, then gem tools are a better choice.

As for the beginner Equipment aspect. And that HOST sells T1 tools there etc pipapo. Beginner shop, is meant to be a shop with low costs, mainly metal based goods. Beginners do not have the right skill pages set up, so damage can be forged on tools or not. Damage can be always influenced by damage brews, so there will never be clear certain tier tools as everything in this game is flexible. Host has permissions to sell Tier 1 tools as the market has so far no tier 1 tools to offer. As I stated already in the past, tier 1 tools can be cheap to fancy and expensive. Tier 1 tool requires either nothing on a topaz tool in damage for single shots, or can be also a simple aoe tool with the right skills in addition with speed brews and starberry pies or other variations to reach desired goals. Okay? But some people want to skip on the repeated intake of brews. Some people want more durable tools. That is, when you ask for a high maxed out tool which is comparable with tier 7 tools. TIER does not determine the price tag. Once and for all. Everyone can play the way they want and what seems good and right for them. If you want to limit yourself on copper tools, so be it. Your gameplay. Please respect each other people. You cant call out someone for having prices set which aren’t to your imagination or expectation. Further, calling someone dumb I see already as offense and shouldn’t be on this forum. I would have suggested to write a person in the future personally or talk to the leader of a market instead of doing here in public some sort of nameshaming. But after we derailed here immensely I’m honestly glad that my forgers don’t have to deal with such harsh messages on their own, alone and in silence. Gaming shall be fun, and if we treat each other like that it’s no wonder people more and more quit especially after doing services to the community. The Forge Market shall be a help to forgers and the community as we have lack of forgers and the forgers existing are spread across the universe. If you disagree with any concept or price or whatever set on this market, simple solution: don’t use it. I love friendly appreciative customers for my forgers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I didn’t think you were being rude, I was just laughing at myself because apart from a very few places where I feel safe, I rarely venture above T1 :slight_smile: I do two hits, accepting that as a payoff to having to harvest extra spicy beans for coins (my main way of paying for, well, everything.)

3 Likes

shudders just thinking about how many spicy beans that hammer would be …

3 Likes

LOL, not a problem for gatherers. :smiley:
@Eneitgranny if you need titanium hammers, just let me know ok ?

@May-L04, I read your long post but we are still allowed to mention here that we think those T1 Topaz Hammers that Host is trying to sell for 9.999c is too expensive.

Prices are going up like crazy it seems. (Please don’t tell me that it is because of the lack of forgers, also non forged tools/items are going up in price.)

3 Likes

Thank you, I will :slight_smile:

1 Like

No TDLR At the end, won’t bother reading it all… By the end of the day, the only person who benefited the most was “ForgeThatsGood” who found naive buyers to buy his useless hammers for insane amount of coin, 12k - 13k you said I believe? it’s mind blowing… and now “HOST” knowingly knows his hammers are piece of junk is trying to sell to them to the community to recover from his lose as much as he can.

There’s no other explanation, you can defend your post as much as you want, those hammers are not worth 10k no matter what you say… You can put whatever price you want on your forged items, does not mean they are worth it, and if they are not worth it, I will be there and say it, working together with a group of people, defending a post to manipulate the market because aka forgers are quitting the game and so we increase the price is a scam in every way, don’t be a snowflake, and don’t derail from the main topic of this thread… 10k for these hammers is absurd, end of topic.

1 Like