Best building material and or color combos

What are the best material and or color combos for building a base

Taste is subjective, but concrete and logs work quite well together if the colors aren’t clashing.

Though it depends heavily on what you’re building, so I wouldn’t really be able to tell much else.

1 Like

Pretty much just looking for color and or material combos that work then I can go of that

1 Like

In my opinion, not refined gleam. Can’t get any more specific than that with no theme in mind.

3 Likes

Look up a paintstore online. They will have colour matching

Everyone builds different.
I prefer using nature as guidance… Even using it on its own.

1 Like

Searching around on redditt, instagram or even just down the road can provide a lot of inspiration and observing these in a critical manner can help you find your own taste in buildings and colours which can then be used as a blueprint or just inspiration for building something a bit different.
Much more involving and interesting to build things you like rather than just build purely for the hope of other receiving other peoples praise.
When i get time later I’ll post some good sources, though I think there was already a thread here somewhere regarding inspirational sources…

1 Like

Silk Yellow forever!

Regards,

2 Likes

Gleam…with deco gems and led’s. The biggest prestige grabbing offensive eyesore boundless had to offer :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I stumbled across what I feel is an awesome roman/light block theme by accident a few months ago. I mixed up bricks and stones, looks weathered and the colour works really well in ashen taupe (I think anyway) come to arie and take a look around if you like. From the main hub, drop to the lower level and the portal labelled ghandy. Or pop to arie and give me a /w . There’s a LOT of awesome builds and combos by @Damagekai and @Minipower here too

1 Like

Yeah that was also one of my thoughts was to look at other builds

1 Like

Don’t duplicate, innovate!

Saying that, I’m currently working on a build in various hues of taupe:p

1 Like

Well yes but duplicating is not what this means I talking color and or material combos then I can base my base after that

See what I did there :wink:

1 Like

I see what you did but not sure you saw what I said but that’s ok, because in the end it’s all about the…
bass

For my latest small build (a mall shop renovation) I went with white bricks, white marble, white oortian marble, and cold tan foliage. Also used a bit of black glass.

In the end I lit it up with several colors of gleam. I posted some pics last night.

1 Like

here is a post with some links
can use this to see the way people use colours and materials when creating.
one useful tip is to gather a library of colour blocks and have a little test area to try things out.
can also use the public creative world for that if time etc prevents collecting.

1 Like

I’ve noticed marble and gleam work well

blocks, gleam, gems, soil

Color combination really depends on what kind of feeling you want - and personal taste. But there are some things you can take away from color theory, branding, and interior design.

1. Reds/yellows are warm and inviting. These colors make people relax spend money. (Think of the fast food chains)
  2. Bright colors suggest energy and action.
  3. Pale/muted colors suggest luxury
  4. Ceilings lighter than floors make your space look bigger.
  5. Start with two primary colors and add a third that stands out/accents.
3 Likes

Other things I might add:

1. Mix your materials. Add some wood or brick into your build for interest. I like refined lustrous on my walls.
  2. Plants!! Houseplants, potted plants, hanging plants, and flowers, make your build feel alive. Should leave some space in your city for parks/gardens too.
3 Likes