BIOMES: Request for creative ideas!

Hehe we can randomise it! :wink:

3 Likes

sounds good!

maybe already mentioned? (i have no patients tor ead entire comments)

but… as we are hearing about dungeons and etc recently… maybe a specific biome set to have these dungeons (have one world/biome on said world 100% non breakable by us - and have the purpose of killing creatures/exploring ruins for lost treassure/lore etc)

Which would be a cool place for major (current) cities of Therka and etc once the wipe comes :wink:

wait… are you saying there is room in the code to generate a planet whith a mixed biome 100% underground? what about the specs needed to visit a planet like that? (i know some games have massive issues on most pc’s trying to think about what to do with a lot of empty space :wink: … the lag must be immense?) @Tobelawe

Dungeons havn’t really been designed yet we just know we want to do them at some point. We will probably make custom biomes for them. They will probably exist on tiny world. At the moment we do not have “cave” worlds but it is something we could do. Frame rate may be an issue for lower end PCs due to the large amount of block you can see on the screen at one time. Some of our current biomes may run into this issue too, for example the sphere biome shown above.

4 Likes

Maybe some kind of coral reef?
It can get special resources, like pearls. (or well known orbs, gathered from shells that live on the reef)

1 Like

It has been something I’ve been slowly hacking away at :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Forgive my clumsy inspo images.

Inverse!

Quake Lands!

5 Likes

I like how you have managed to a create chambers and connecting passages :+1:

1 Like

There are already a few coral reefy things, like clams with gleam inside. There is also a specific coral block, which I guess will be used at some point :grin:

On what planet are they? I havent visited all the planets yet. Would like to see it)

1 Like

Sorry, I mean custom biomes in the worldbuilder :stuck_out_tongue: but biomes made by the developers, so official

Oh, I see…

Wow, a geologically active new planet?
Good ideas.
But in reality, this kind of planet is often not rich fixed resources, because most of resources components are still in magma.

Just a thought but for the wild and wacky thinking, how about a hollow earth concept where the landscape is in a constant day time lit by the core of the planet and gravity is reversed forcing the player to work upside down as you are walking on the other side of the planets crust to normal. and if you mine too deep instead of mantle and lava to kill you there is a void where you would float off into space and die :smile:

Salt pan?
https://www.google.com/search?q=Salt+pan&tbm=isch
We need have some salt.

What about an above water, underwater themed biome?
like where you take objects from the ocean and put them on the land?
It could have white/multicolor coral structures/trees all around, with seaweed looking foliage.
There could even be kelp forests on the land.

(images are not mine, just using for example)

2 Likes

Cool pics!!!

Sure, I support necroing posts too!

We should have an inverted biome.

I’m thinking a lot of floating islands with trees on the underside. If we need science of how it works, it’s because light reflects off the water below and the tree grows down towards that light.

3 Likes

This topic is just so beautiful :heart_eyes: haha

My thinking is I’m not a huge fan of being underwater on games… So maybe you could make some of the oceans look like this? :slight_smile:

I’d go live down there for sure!

My other idea would be a giant forest, single trees that span whole regions, with a laberinth of passages through their roots, cave systems in the trunks and beautiful views from the top boughs

Edit: just seen this is a resurrected topic… I’m still glad I saw it :smiley:

15 Likes

YES PLEASE. I’d just make my little Alantis blocked off with glass so I can look out at the beautiful world around.

1 Like