Block Color Conversion and Lighting changes (Release 195)

I agree. . one of the reasons I loved the game was the look of the game. That has not really changed since I bought it over a year ago until today. And today is the first day I have not liked the look of the game. All the trailers and other things done to promote the game are going to lead to some disappointment when people buy in and see that it does not look anything like the youtube videos.

4 Likes

100% True. I don’t know what to think about this. I could Overlook Everything, even the XP Mali that were harsher than everything From Soft Ever Did, but this makes it very hard to enjoy the Game…

2 Likes

old copper color did not look like copper but this even less
our does copper also has the colorsceme from the planets colorsceme

3 Likes

I will agree the old copper and gold were too close, but this is waaaaaaay off.
I would hope copper, iron, gold, titanium would have the same color everywhere but that is a good point

Share / post feedback.

The metal colours are the same per world, but if the lighting is different they could appear different.

3 Likes

@james should this be with the bugs/issues since it really is not a bug but a setting?

hmm. I thought the purple igneous was going to turn grey, I kinda liked that…
the copper… I think it needed more yellow not more red… The copper ore was fine before (I think… haven’t seen true copper ore irl)
titanium was so pretty before now it’s on the pink side =
common blue (Light Aqua! XD) gleam looks amazing now!! I like that the texture is less saturated. but the coloured light for all gleams I think should be more intense and more saturated.
I love the new colour of the standard gleam (Oxide Turquoise! :smiley: ) but I’m still disappointed in the colour of light it produces. it should be a dark intense green just like the block… sadly it puts out practically white light.

Otherwise I think I must agree with most folks and say that everything else just kinda looks bland now. like i turned off per pixel lighting or something (not in the same way but the same dramatic difference)

Semi-aside: Do you have a sense of how you want to tackle the inevitable post-launch slump in player numbers as the player base stabilizes over the first few months?

the game lost its feature along with the loss of color :pensive:

2 Likes

me too; however that set of colors may be working in the new starter worlds

Oh also the tool/weapon colours look great now!

slump??

do you mean surge? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You can post it in the release notes topic.

ok thanks…

oh wow. MASSIVE difference in daytime lighting… gleam light doesn’t show up practically at all :sob:
before:

after:

:cry:

7 Likes

It’ll surge, and then almost certainly slump a good amount before leveling off :stuck_out_tongue:

This is Gleam.

1 Like

Don’t worry. I’m pretty sure you will see the grey again in the new universe!

With the new universe right around the corner, the color conversion is pretty much meaningless now.
The only thing I’m still concerned about are the lighting changes.

mmm, nope, it actually affects the world we’re playing in now.

I’m sure I will, but that doesn’t matter to me right now. I was really looking forward to the grey, I am doing a multi-coloured build -in this universe- and purple isn’t so great in that case. I chose purple originally because it was closest to black/grey :joy: (plus I liked the texture)

this is big for me too.

1 Like

What I really really dislike are the new homeworld wood colors they totally clash with each other while they were in harmony before, the reason why i combined them a lot.
It totally kills a lot of my builds. If 1.0 would be months away, it would totally annoy me, thats why i created this thread.
But with the wipe happening in 2 or 3 weeks, it doesn’t feel worth fixing, because in the new universe i will pick from the new colors.

The lighting though, will stay.

4 Likes

Please, return the colors back. What you did - kills the game (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

1 Like