Boredom - Is it a thing?

I always have something to with the Feats feature of boundless and it always allows me to set goals and I am never bored.

1 Like

@GravityThatBinds Awesome point! I completely forget about that at times until I complete another one … then I go look and see I am close to a few others and just wind up doing a few more

Sometimes I just complete them by accident because im just doing something randomly

1 Like

That’s me right now lol gotta farm plots I have massive amount of plots still not enough grrrrrr

3 Likes

To also keep myself from getting bored i’m constantly planning builds

1 Like

If anyone ever is bored, why not give some of the contests a try. Lots of prizes up for grabs!

8 Likes

Also if you enter each one of the contest you have triple the odds of atleast winning one of them if not ALL!

Hi @DutchOfSorissi :joy:

Also to add Howdy @RedY3 where you be hiding?

3 Likes

It’s all relative. I could be at the bar with the boys having a fun time but if my goal for the day is to meet and talk to a girl then I’ll feel bored if I’m not doing that. So when people know about new things like Titans that they expect to be added they get bored of waiting.

Lucky for me, I mostly expect to build when I play so I’m never let down in that sense. Conversely, there are some days (usually on weekends) where I want to hang out with some Oortian homies. 2 years ago I’d log in and see 15+ green icons in the city- chat flowing continuously with discussions of movies, musics, jokes, what have you. Not so much anymore. The social scene has become boring, relative to how it once was.

While I’m not bored with the game I can see where others are coming from.

3 Likes

If your bored, like i am sometimes
Go Play Another Game.
hahaha I’m Hungry

1 Like

@DutchOfSorissi I guess I came in after all that had already died down but I do feel the lack of realtime global chat is a huge issue. It wont fix the population issue, but a realtime global chat with a lot less lag would really go a long way.

When I first started I questioned why the heck no one would ever reply to me or my questions … of course we know why.

Im sad the social scene sucks now and hope maybe it gets back there.

1 Like

@Loco-Is-Back

Nothing wrong with other games I too play another game as it breaks up the monotony and allows me to not burnout too quick. While Boundless has the majority of my time … there is nothing wrong with playing other things.

1 Like

I’d like to see an option to turn global chat off and have the hourly limit removed. Only so that other people won’t be annoyed by it and the rest of us could enjoy it to its full extent.

But still there is something a lot different about that than being/building in the same area and chatting. Like the difference between a group text and hanging out. Group text is great and all but there’s a reason we use it to make plans to chill.

2 Likes

hahaha
So you posted the same thing I said.

Ok hahaha

@DutchOfSorissi totally agree with that

1 Like

Lurking in a far-away universe xD. Miss you AAAAALL!

3 Likes

I usually occupy myself with wandering and doing ‘unproductive’ stuff but when I do get a bit bored with that there’s a bunch of other stuff to do… Sometimes a big idea will seem like fun but the problem usually comes when I realize, not how much work said idea will take, but the work required to do the work for that idea. Like, hunting with friends is fun for example. But what if I’m out of bows and coin?
Now I have to make and forge some.
But before that I have to mine gems for the bow.
And before that I have to have hammers.
So if I’m out of hammers I have to make and forge those.
Once I have some hammers I still need to forge them.
So now (so damn many) forge ingredients are needed.
Forge ingredients require creature mats which require hunting which is the whole point of this, lol.

It’s usually not this bad but it feels like a ton of prep work before prep work before even starting on a new fun idea.
I don’t mind too much but I see where people would get bored.

1 Like

@Coolpants I can understand as there is a bit of a grind involved and it really comes down to how you want to handle the grind … you can either gather items of choice (beans, animal parts, etc) sell them and use that coin to buy slingbows and tools … or you can use that coin to buy the mats to make those tools … I mean I don’t know that either route is cheaper … but I totally get that at one point or another there is going be a grind of some sort.

You ever make that @CoolerPants alt? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Omg @Soju-VB where have you been?

Lol, I did but I made him a ‘hardcore’ character and he died…

1 Like

Still here, just in the middle of a RL move from one side of the world to the other so have not been able to log in to the game as much lately… once we find a place to live and my stuff arrives, then should get back to normal.

2 Likes