Boundless 1.0 Release Date - Announcement and FAQ

It’s not craftable yet. Coming soon.

7 Likes
  • All the Explorer, Adventure, Wayfarer, etc perks are listed on playboundless.com.
  • We’ll updated everyone shortly on when we’ll stop selling these tiers.
  • Once we’ve stopped selling them - we’ll start sending out requests for information to fulfil the perks.
  • We’ll then start selling the launch versions of Boundless including the Digital Deluxe Edition on Steam. This will happen alongside the new universe.
  • If you look at the Digital Deluxe Edition it’s mainly a bundle.
2 Likes

reeeeeee whats the news on titans?

3 Likes

haha even James is excited :smiley: so much posts from him hehehe

THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!
I am so happy that you guys are so dedicated to this game, you truly have made a fantastic game. You really listen to the community and are a part of it! You put your heart and soul into this game and it really shows. you have done a fantastic job!! :+1::star_struck:

The only question I have is can we suggest some youtubers/streamers to send invites to? I’ll still definitely urge my favourite tubers to get it/try it :smiley:

4 Likes

Suprisingly fast! I was expecting November. Anyway:

7 Likes

This would attract me to Gleam Club if Gleam Club got a plot bonus whilst active (and if some of the recent balance changes are tweaked). Any chance of that? As is people have to support in multiple ways to get different benefits. I can see how you’d want distinction but it seems odd that people who potentially contribute more over a sub period than buying an EA tier/deluxe edition outright would not get an ~equivalent plot bonus.

1 Like

I can see your point, but what happens if you drop your subscription? do the extra plots just disappear? That would be fine if you have not used them but if you had, how do they decide which ones to take away?

I do agree that for someone to put in money every month, they will reach a point where they have put in more that some of the backer levels cost pretty soon. Maybe a permanent bonus based on the number of months you subscribe?

2 Likes

Yep you’re right, I’d not thought about removing them. Perhaps a small % per month of sub that remains if you stop after a minimum period like you say. It’d have to be low though I guess - 0.5% per month or something. Dunno, I guess the price will decide if it’s a meaningful choice going sub route rather than deluxe/EA tier.

But yes ended subs and where to subtract extra plots is not something I’d considered!

Edit: of course the other route is to give a non-equivalent in-game bonus that is more easily removed after sub stops like an XP bonus (just an example, not advocating for that).

@james What about the “Design a public world” and “Design an in-game item” perks? I guess they won’t make it to release? Will they be added later then?

1 Like

To simplify that you could just receive some cubits every month you subscribe and than buy with them what ever you want, including plots.

4 Likes

8 Posts above you:

2 Likes

Heck yeah!!! City of steam made the cut!!! :smiley:

16 Likes

I don’t mean to be selfish but I wasn’t being overdramatic in other threads, it’s choice time for me soon. I was hoping to find the money to back a higher tier before they expired but it’d be good to know if it’s a game I’d want to play after 1.0. Given discussions thus far on the recent changes, is there any chance of a balance pass to reduce some of the impact of those changes? I don’t want to spend money I could be spending on a new baby (today - two good pieces of news :wink: ) on a game if I’m going to find playing it not to my taste.

I realise this is a question of an EA title that seems silly but given how close 1.0 is I’d like to understand what I’d be investing in.

6 Likes

I’ve been here from the very beginning–from the first moment we could download and play Oort Online in its most primitive form–and I have to say I am filled to the brim with emotion over this announcement. From its inception, I knew Boundless was going to be great, and I wanted to be a part of all of it. Years of growth and change have passed in this game, and I am just so very thankful to have been a part of Boundless’ history. I look forward to our future.

To borrow and edit a quote from Matt Smith’s Doctor (Doctor Who):

We all change, when you think about it, we’re all different people; all through our lives, and that’s okay, that’s good, you’ve gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when Boundless was us.

8 Likes

There we Go; this is really great news :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
Can’t wait for the Release date to come
Keep up the good work :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this doesn’t include making 50 biomes ready before mid august :slight_smile: He is probably referring to the Signed Artwork and such.

2 Likes

Alright… time to get to planning different project ideas of mine for the game since I have my main one already completed in a 3D voxel design program.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

that 10% will be permanent as stated in the post. so even if u leave club u will still have it.

1 Like

Yaaay! Great news!)
Abiut wipe - maybe you’ll leave us our levels at least?
Start from 0 is so… I dont know…