Boundless Bot - Hunts and more!

Hello everyone…

OortAdonai (the Boundless bot for hunts and more) and been upgraded. As far as I can tell everything migrated over ok and I see all the previous discord servers and all their settings. So everyone should be able to start using the bot.

Do note that I will be removing the old “.” commands soon so get used to using the “/bb” command as soon as you can.

Thanks for your patience in waiting for the new version… Now that I have it I should be able to bring more features faster!

One other thing to note is there are 34 servers that have the bot installed but only 31 that seem to be active. If you aren’t seeing the bot work, then remove the integration and reinstall it like it was new. I’d like to have those with possible messed up installs fixed.

Please go to the original post in this thread for all the details on the bot. I’ve updated it with the new details: Boundless Bot - Hunts and more! but quick notes here if you want a fast update:
### Migration from old bot version :

Like any migration there might be an issue or something missed or could hiccup with settings, etc. If there is let me know.

1. All existing “.” commands will not work beyond “.testhunt” and “.posthunt” which I’ve allowed to stay for a week or two as backup incase there are issues. Also you don’t directly PM the bot anymore. Note that all users should be able to start using the “/bb” slash commands immediately except for the “Harbingers of Death” discord because it seems they don’t allow slash commands for this bot. If you know the owner or someone in that server please let them know to update their permissions.
  2. If you used the previous bot version I’ve imported your discord server details. You will not need to readd the bot. I do suggest you check your configuration to make sure it is setup like you want for your Discord server. Use these two commands to make sure you are ok : “/bb config listconfig” and “/bb config checkperms”
  3. If you want to change your hunt channel use : /bb config huntchannel
  4. The bot supports “mention” notifications which will ping a certain role if you want that feature. This only works if you have given the bot the “mention_all_users” or have the hunt ping role you want to use as being set to allow “mentions.” Use this command to set that role : /bb config huntrole

NOTE : The bot now supports a feature where it can add or remove people to that role if you have given it the “manage_role” permissions. Once configured, hunters can add/remove the hunt ping role themselves with this command : /bb hunter huntping

1. I’ve moved hunt test and post commands for notifications to a form modal solution to improve the posting experience. The form still supports markdown language but please test things out thoroughly before using it. I plan to have a lot more feature improvement in this area soon, but the first step was just to get it in place. Use this command for the form : /bb hunter posthunt

NOTE : At this point any person that has the ability to run slash commands for this bot will have the ability to post hunts to all discord servers that is using this bot and have “hunt channels” enabled. I do plan to change this next and limit the ability to post hunts to a specific “hunt leader” role on each discord server so that the administrators of that server have more control. I’ll still have the global hunt post but at least people will have to be approved on a discord server to initially run the command.

1. I suggest you look through all the new commands. If you have ANY questions or concerns or problems please contact me here on the forum, in discord, or by using my new report command in the bot : /bb reporttodev
1 Like

I was trying to help with the form by breaking out the time, location, and meetup for people to have an easier way of posting stuff. The additional area was for all the main stuff people post.

If everyone really liked having a single window let me know. I am planning on having people be able to save their messages so they don’t even have to paste them in each time. That is the next feature that is going to be released for hunt leaders.

Just give me your thoughts…

2 Likes

I like the idea of saving all the info so we don’t have to copy and paste but I personally like the old way so I can format it the way I like. FREEDOM!!! lol Amazing job by the way, HUGE fan of your work.

Thoughts @Izzabell @Hazel1558 @glr @Nalidragon ?

1 Like

new form is nice as you don’t have to keep a copy of your post to paste. But the old way I like better as unless I am changing information I don’t have to type anything extra, just copy and paste

I’ve not fully transitioned over to the new format I’m completely clueless when it comes to discord :rofl:
I used the old format today for my hunt. I had anxiety and thought I’d mess it up :laughing: so I stuck with what I knew.

I know the instructions are really straightforward it’s not a you problem it’s 100% me and transitioning to the new change. I will get there I just need a little patience. Thank you for allowing to still be able to use the old format.

Feedback heard. I’ve made the form back to a single window for now since there is no need to enter other data that isn’t being used in other areas by the bot. So you can format your message however you want for now in a single window. I still do want more fields at some point, but until I’ve finished coding the “post save” feature for hunt leaders and the hunt calendar feature I want, I will just keep it easy for now.

All good… I’d do some tests first with the new way to make you feel good about it. Just use the: ‘/bb hunter posthunt’ but select the test option. You can do that as much as you want until you are comfortable. Also, now that I removed the other fields and only have 1 window you can literally paste the same text there that you would have had after the old ‘.posthunt’ message.

I’d like to have the old commands gone but christmas but take your time since we have a whole month till then. :). If you have any questions or need help let me know.

I’ve been thinking about allowing a hunt notification to only YOUR own discord and not a global one. Would that be helpful to anyone? Or is the “test” option enough?

1 Like

I like it going out global as it lets others not in your discord see it. But if it was like a option to select i am sure people might use it for Guild or friend hunts?

Yeah I definitely would have both and keep global. I just wasn’t sure if there are people that do guild only hunts and if a post would even really help.

i would not make a guild only thing for the bot its a waste of your time those guilds already just send it in privite

1 Like

I will do thanks for that advice I appreciate it. I’m a creature of habit and it takes me a little time to adjust. I’ve only just recently started using it as well. I’ll be fine in a few days :blush:
I’ll do some testing later today.

Makes sense the sooner people transition over the better. I do like the look of the new layout though.

Thanks for all the help :blush:

As for the last bit I like that idea but as some have said they’d just message privately if they were setting up a private hunt.

1 Like

The bot is back in discord, it should post to the LFG channel

2 Likes

Thank you @Tiggs.

BTW, the hunter ping is enabled as well if you want to be pinged when hunts show.

BIG THANK YOU TIGGS!

1 Like

So last week someone made some changes to their server that kind of messed up my bot logic for permissions and sending messages. I removed them since it was the simplest answer till I could solve long term. It seems something else happened on a server or is really bad with my logic in detecting people that adjust their server settings but not update the bot settings.

It seems to be sending the pings but not the messages. Basically working sometimes and not others.

I’m going to try to fix it today and this weekend so the bot will likely be all over the place. So you can try to use it but it will be up and down. I’ll give updates here and over the bot.

Thanks for your patience.

3 Likes

New code is online and bot is green!! So use away.

Don’t forget to join the Viking hunts! They were great and helped test the new code.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! There was an upgrade to the hunting bot Sunday night that included a few command changes and a new feature add.

Below you will find details. Hopefully there are no bugs, but I will be watching the bot as best I can over the next few days. If there is an issue I will work on it as fast as I can once I get home from work (pacific time).

Bot Changes :

• Added a new feature called “huntmessage” which is for those that send hunt notifications through the bot. Instead of having to type out your message each time, the bot can now store your message or a template that can be used for each “posthunt” command. How it works :
  1. Type “/bb hunt huntmessage”, select the “set/update” option, and hit enter.
  2. Fill out the form with the message you want (it supports markup language).
  3. Once you submit the form the bot will reply with what you message looks like and save it for you.
  4. If you want to change something just go use the “set/update” option again until you have one you like.
  5. Now when you do “/bb hunt posthunt” your saved message will be put in the form for you. You may adjust it however you want (it won’t be saved) and when you submit the form your global hunt notification will send. I suggest you do a “send test” before doing “post to all” so you are certain your full hunt notification looks the way you want it.
  6. If you ever want to remove the saved message entry just select “delete” in the option instead.
  • Changed the “hunter” command section to “hunt” so all hunt related commands are together. Slash format for this area is now : /bb hunt

• Adjusted the command to allow users to add/remove themselves from the Discord Hunt Role Notification pings. Command is now : /bb hunt hunterping

• Moved the Hunt Channel configuration from “/bb config huntchannel” to “/bb hunt configchannel”

• Moved the Hunt Role Notification Ping configuration from “/bb config huntrole” to “/bb hunt configrole”

• Removed all working “.” commands. Old bot information is fully gone.

If you have any questions let me know.

6 Likes

Great Update :+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

now for me to use it right thanks for the update :slight_smile:

I figured you might like that feature. :slight_smile: I had considered doing it a different way but honestly this was the simplest and safest. Maybe in the future I might adjust it but wanted to at least get it out there for those very active hunt posters… Let me know how it works and stuff…