I’d like to introduce my version of a Boundless bot -
OortAdonai - A Boundless bot for hunting and other activities :
- Production mode : Fully Released
- Release version : 1.0.0
- Language : Node.JS
- API Framework : Discord.js
- Command Prefix : Uses Slash Commands - /bb
Initial Notes :
Thank you to everyone that has been using the bot, recommending it to others, and supporting it.
I’ve rewritten the bot from the ground up and brought in a database so I can support many more features. As mentioned this one uses “/bb” to execute commands and I have moved away from using message commands starting with ‘.’ to make it inline with Discord standards. Also you don’t directly message the bot via DM with the new commands. The commands are done via text channels in discord. I’ve adjusted many commands and grouped them together for better organization. Also many commands are consolidate with options that you can select after you start typing it.
Most commands are done in a way that is only seen by the user requesting the command. This is done to cut down considerably on bot message spam and allows you to run the command anywhere on the server. The only command at this point that is sent to a “text channel” is the global post hunt notification command (if you have the permissions set right and the hunt channel enabled).
The bot is available to whoever wants to use it and I’ll do what I can to keep it online. I want it to become the main Boundless bot everyone uses with many features. So if you have suggestions send them to me - there is a “reporttodev” command.
### Migration from old bot version :
Like any migration there might be an issue or something missed. If there is let me know.
All existing “.” commands will not work beyond “.testhunt” and “.posthunt” which I’ve allowed to stay for a week or two as backup incase there are issues. Note that all users should be able to start using the “/bb” slash commands immediately except for the “Harbingers of Death” discord because it seems they don’t allow slash commands for this bot. If you know the owner or someone in that server please let them know to update their permissions.
If you used the previous bot version I’ve imported your discord server details. You will not need to readd the bot. I do suggest you check your configuration to make sure it is setup like you want for your Discord server. Use these two commands to make sure you are ok : “/bb config listconfig” and “/bb config checkperms”
If you want to change your hunt channel use : /bb config huntchannel
The bot supports “mention” notifications which will ping a certain role if you want that feature. This only works if you have given the bot the “mention_all_users” or have the hunt ping role you want to use as being set to allow “mentions.” Use this command to set that role : /bb config huntrole
NOTE : The bot now supports a feature where it can add or remove people to that role if you have given it the “manage_role” permissions. Once configured, hunters can add/remove the hunt ping role themselves with this command : /bb hunter huntping
- I’ve moved hunt test and post commands for notifications to a form modal solution to improve the posting experience. The form still supports markdown language but please test things out thoroughly before using it. I plan to have a lot more feature improvement in this area soon, but the first step was just to get it in place. Use this command for the form : /bb hunter posthunt
NOTE : At this point any person that has the ability to run slash commands for this bot will have the ability to post hunts to all discord servers that is using this bot and have “hunt channels” enabled. I do plan to change this next and limit the ability to post hunts to a specific “hunt leader” role on each discord server so that the administrators of that server have more control. I’ll still have the global hunt post but at least people will have to be approved on a discord server to initially run the command.
I suggest you look through all the new commands. If you have ANY questions or concerns or problems please contact me here on the forum, in discord, or by using my new report command in the bot : /bb reporttodev
One other thing to note is there are 34 servers that have the bot installed but only 27 that seem to be active. If you aren’t seeing the bot work, then remove the integration and reinstall it like it was new. I’d like to have those with possible messed up installs fixed.
New Installation :
The below instruction are given by the bot if you type : /bb config botsetup
If you wish to install OortAdonai (the Boundless bot) go to this link [ https://discord.com/api/oauth2/authorize?client_id=961118308395008030&permissions=2416069633&scope=bot ] and follow the steps to install it into your Discord server.
Once installed you will see that there is a role called “Boundlessbot” in your Discord Server Roles. I strongly suggest you use this role instead of trying to create a new one for the bot. Ensure that you have no other role or channel permissions that conflict or overwrite the main permissions this bot needs. The most common issue is people turning off permissions in the Everyone role or some other role the bot is assigned to that has a higher position than the bot role but less permissions. Use the config commands that help list and check your perms and bot configuration. These are “/bb config listconfig” and “/bb config checkperms”.
At this point the bot must have these top level server permissions : use application commands, create invite, view channel, send messages, embed links, manage roles, and mention everyone.
Hunt Notification Channel:
a) Create a channel called whatever you want that you want to be the “main bot channel” the bot uses for global hunt notifications. Take that “Boundlessbot” role and assign it to any channel you want the hunt bot to be able to post into - at least this hunt notification channel. Double check permissions to make sure the bot has the ability to access that channel and has at least these permissions : view channel, send messages, embed links.
b) Type “/bb config huntchannel”, click “set”, and select the channel you just set up so the bot knows about this channel and can send notifications to it.
Hunt Role Ping:
a) If you want to use this feature then create a role that will receive the hunt notifications for pings. Make sure to set the role to be able to receive “mentions”.
b) Type “/bb config huntrole”, click “set”, and select the role you just set up so the bot knows which role to ping when a hunt notification comes in.
c) NOTE: Make sure that the Boundlessbot role is in a higher position than your hunt notification role so that the bot has permission to add people to that role.
Do one more validation that the bot is configured correctly in your server by using these commands : “/bb config listconfig” and “/bb config checkperms”.
Try a test command in the channel to ensure that the bot is working : “/bb ping” or “/bb uptime”.
If you have ANY questions or concerns or problems please contact me here on the forum, in discord, or by using my new report command in the bot : /bb reporttodev
Post Global Hunt Notification
- Please read notes:
- Currently this is a global command that will notify every server that is registered. So please respect this feature and don’t spam people.
- The bot sends an embeded message for hunt posts. This means you will need to work a bit on formatting your hunt message if you want it to look a certain way. Also note there might be some issues with formatting because of what an embeded message allows and does not. Test and retest before using.
- First test your hunt message so you can make sure it looks nice. Use this command “/bb hunter posthunt” and make sure you select the “Send Test” option. You will be presented with a form - fill it out (the form support basic markdown) and hit send. The bot will post a message to you only showing you what your hunt test message looks like. Make sure you have a copy of your message incase you need to change it.
- Once you have a message you like then use the following command to send an official hunt notification to all servers registered to see it using “/bb hunter posthunt” and selection the option “Post to ALL”. Fill out the form (or paste in the copy from your test messages) and hit send.
- The bot will send a post to whatever channels are registered to see it on each discord server.
- If you want “role notifications” pings you need to set up the role (use the “/bb config huntrole” commands).
Supported Commands :
Slash Command Prefix : /bb
Command List :
/bb botinfo = Gives some server info and details regarding the bot.
/bb ping = Replies with “Pong!” to show if bot is acceping commands.
/bb uptime = How long the bot has been online in days/hours/minutes/seconds.
/bb config botsetup = Instructions on how to setup the Boundless bot.
/bb config checkperms = Validate bot permissions are correct.
/bb config listconfig = List your Discord Server’s current Boundless bot configuration.
/bb config huntchannel = Configure the channel where hunt notifications are posted. Options are : set/update, disable, delete
/bb config huntrole = Configure the role that recieves hunt notification pings. Options are : set/update, disable, delete
/bb hunter posthunt = Send global Hunt Notification to all Discord servers the Boundless bot is in. Options are : Send TEST Post To You, Post To ALL Hunt Channels
/bb hunter huntping = Configure if you receive a Discord ping when a hunt notification is posted. Options are : Yes, No
/bb reporttodev = Send report [feedback/problem] to the Boundless bot developer. Options are : Send Feedback / Suggestion, Report Problem / Issue
If you have some ideas on commands or features let me know.
- If you have ANY questions or concerns or problems please contact me here on the forum, in discord, or by using my new report command in the bot : /bb reporttodev
- If you wish to remove/uninstall the bot on your server then go into your discord server settings, select integrations, then click the “boundlessbot” entry to manage it and at the bottom of the page click “remove integration.” The bot will leave your server and mark your guild entry in the db as disabled.
Upcoming Improvements over next few months
- Help me petition to have this bot added to the Official Boundless Discord Server. It still isn’t in there and many people are missing out on hunts.
- More commands and features in the hunt leader and hunt poster area.
- I want to improve the bot with more features based on feedback, so send some in.
I hope you all find the bot useful and thank you for using it. Let me know your thoughts or feedback…