Boundless Multiverse

I need to go to home goods and buy some geodes. I love geodes.

2 Likes

maybe soon we will see someone open a shop called Geodes Unlimited.

1 Like

Oorts*, you ignorant atubio :joy:

2 Likes

I love the pumpkin mask.

7 Likes

Redditpalomitl :joy:. I will abstain from googling this reddit you mentioned - if it even exists :joy:

2 Likes

It’s unfortunate I’m a ps4 player however as the main universe is still available and not disappearing then I can still carry on building in lamblis so it’s still all good.I’m glad we have sovereign and creative worlds now which does give ps4 players something different aside from the main universe.All in all I’m happy your expanding the game for pc players and also new options for everyone. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m a pc player, and I’ll be on the main worlds with you @cosmiccori!!! :grin:

4 Likes

Excellent ! Good times ahead and many years of boundless addiction :laughing:

3 Likes

Well I changed certain word so the exact one I posted probably doesn’t exist

2 Likes

The persistent permanent universe will always have draws that sov’s & modded universes won’t, Earthlings came from Earth, the most solid ground with the longest lore of all the worlds. But yeah, modding can create phantasmal expriences but I still belive there is a big draw to the vanilla experience of an MMO. I loved testing some of the hair-raising freaky mods people came up with for ARK. It’s another layer of art.

2 Likes

Where do we find those and are they out yet?

Wait are Oort Seams finally coming back!

1 Like

it me. :no_mouth:

3 Likes

I just read through most of this announcement, and in all honesty, I don’t think it will make that big of a difference as people make it out to be. I think this is in line with Minecraft and should be good for the company, for the game - I do not know. I think people would have more understanding for it if it was released the other way around, offline, then own hosted servers and then mmo

I have now played for roughly 1 week after returning from a 1.5 year break. I don’t have any facts, but back then I didn’t see a lot of people anywhere either, nor do I now. Only people I spoke to is Apt and Ovis in this past week, I don’t think I’ve seen more than 10 people in total. It’s not like there’s a lot of players to begin with.

Those players who don’t want to be part of the mmo are already not taking active part in the universe and already staying away from others. I have been griefed in the past, where I needed admin help and at the time I really wanted a private world, however, now that I am back, I personally will not be renting one. For me, this game is all about the community and mmo aspect, where you live in a universe with others. You don’t always get along with one another but that’s how it is.

I’m sure things will turn out fine.

9 Likes

We gather 30+ people daily. The community is very active if you know where to look. Just would hate to see this update further thin the “active” community when people are trying so hard to keep it together…

Conversely, it may well do what was suggested and tempt people who don’t like MMO into playing in the MMO universe. I feel the community aspect of this game is the “hook” and it would be a shame if people didnt experience that.

7 Likes

I think it’ll grow the player base

It just sucks to see a bunch of work on this when we need other things more IMO. New monster, furniture, clothes.

6 Likes

yup, some that on a break will come back for the swords & stuff, people without great internet connection can play and sometimes maybe visit mmo.
it took me 2 years to finally buy boundless because it had no single player option ( maybe it would have been my preferred mode at first, but even back in my solo MC days I would at least try the mmo. people expect the worst from multiplayer with randos.
those who will leave for SP, most likely weren’t too active in the community anyway, and I doubt that anyone who enjoys BL will quit because of this update

6 Likes

You kind of proved my point though. The fact that there is so few already that you actively have to try to keep it together just says a lot, and 30+ is hardly enough to call it a “massive multiplayer online” game. And that you “need to know where to look”.

The mmo aspect is currently already very small, and those that want singleplayer or own hosted are already not part of our mmo. What it could do is bring more revenue to the company, which in turn can be used to improve the game, which will draw the attention of new players, both those for mmo and those for singleplayer, and so on.

3 Likes

I guess we wait and see. We are very much in it for the community, when that goes we will pack up our gleam and leave.

1 Like

Well … I’m such an introvert that I literally stated that I’d like to build my perfect hermitude (?) in the wilderness of Sochaltin I and also preserve as much of the “wild” as I could in the process. I was never really in this for MMO … at all …

I have found the headspace issues of others literally building right next to me in the middle of nowhere really … odd … to say the least. :smirk:

I might’ve welcomed the chance to get used to the game in private, first. Before doing exactly what I’ve done anyway. Because whilst I’d really like the ability to host my own private Idaho, I really, really, like this community a lot. Whilst I’m not really putting back in (apart from spraying my winnings around DK - and Gyosha a bit) I hope to eventually … whether that’s with crafting services of some kind, or something else.

I sometimes get a bit put off by the economy side of it … so I’m really trying to find a way to firstly make that OK for my own head, but also for others. So the multiversal aspect that this could all bring really kind of would’ve had me buying this game much sooner.

If I’d have known about it.

Plus, once I’d had my play time privately, I’d have come in/out to the community soon enough.

So, from my (a loner, who is massively dumb!) perspective, I see the update as a great thing for the game as it doesn’t seem to harm it in any way … and could only really grow it.

Hopefully. :slight_smile:

So, as I said, I was never really in this for MMO at all … but … to be a hermit, there has to be a society to be a hermit from! (and not all hermits are grouchy, horrible, folk :wink: )

2 Likes