Boundless Streams Thread

Thank you hun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re very welcome, thank you all here for the wonderful streams! :slight_smile:

@Mortuari on!

4 Likes

@Spitcup is on too

3 Likes

Thanks, here is a link! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow even at 3am US time there’s 8500 people watching Minecraft streams

2 Likes

Hmm, I wonder if the equivalent of a webcam could be set up at some of the busier spots in the game - Ultima, TNT Hub, Hunt Hive, a few of the malls’ central/hub areas? Looks like @Creegle started a thread about having something like this sometime back, but rather than bump that one (but will link it here), just my thoughts: have a Webcams link for these up at the top of the main page and other spots online where people might be browsing and interested. Seeing the most popular builds but in particular combined with us socializing and seeing the chat feed (the “webcam” could basically be a character we are seeing the perspective of - Oortyvision! :wink: ), I think that could help sell the game. If we know they are there, we’ll go even more out of our way to interact there.

Also, @EdWe’s base progress video! :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks :sweat_smile: , i made it basically for me(i use youtube for move videos from ps4) , to remember the status of works rightnow, than nothing very interesting.

2 Likes

I think it looks real cool, coming along nicely! :smiley: (But for you or anybody here: let me know if you want me to remove anything of yours I post, for sure - I don’t want to put anything on here that you don’t want to be shared!)

@Spitcup on! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, you make a great work here(thanks!) and it is a public video!
I just wanted to warn for a not interesting video :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks, and I think it is great, I like seeing what people are working on! :smiley:

3 Likes

I used to stream in EA and honestly I would LOVE to begin streaming again to bring publicity to this game. The game looks fantastic with the reshade and .ini settings I run in ultrawide, plus I can actually be witty and entertaining, believe it or not. My issue is that I have no webcam and I feel like the days of people watching a stream without seeing a face are behind us. Am I wrong? Should I save and get a camera? Is twitch or youtube more popular for Boundess? I am a dinosaur and have no idea about social media so I probably could not even grow a base. I just know that I do fun things in game, I talk funny and I have amazing graphics. Any advice?

3 Likes

I prefer not to watch the streamer too, usually. Kinda kills the immersion for me

3 Likes

I’d have to defer to the streamers here on most of your questions, but I would LOVE to hear you stream :slight_smile: and from what I’ve seen of streams, I really don’t get anything out of seeing the person (no offense, y’all are lovely, but I’m watching the game! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ). Funny chat and great graphics would be exactly what I’d want from a stream!

I would help you on the base part. :slight_smile: You would want to set up Twitter - I don’t see the need for FB or any of the rest, but Twitter is where I’ve seen the real action. No need to connect it to a real identity or anything - and I’ve never had any issues (aside from a few odd messages, like a marriage proposal the sender claimed was serious :sweat_smile: ) from any interactions on Twitter. Easy enough to report and block there, too. It really is fun over there, it is getting a lot more active with the Boundless community there - it is a place, aside from showing off our own stuff like screenshots and videos and streams, that we can get to know each other a bit better, for NMS I’d actually say Twitter makes that game for me now, I might have set it aside altogether if it weren’t for interactions there. Anyways, I’d share all your stuff - and post your NMS stuff as well, no question there, the NMS base there is HUGE, you’d grow a pretty big following with just your screenshots there. And that is the base I think we need to be hitting with Boundless, from the response I’ve seen from it!

3 Likes

Gee thanks Paka! That is all more than generous. I am convinced (not that it took much.) I will get the ball in motion on this and see if I can be an asset in the wonderful world of streaming.:star_struck:

3 Likes

Excellent!! :smile: And I’m really happy to do it, truly! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Graphics doesn’t matter too much on your side, obviously wanna be able to stream 1080p 60fps but behind that, on your side, wont effect the quality of the stream (I could be wrong, but I don’t think so).

As for the webcam, you’re right - streams will perform better/easier/more engaging with a webcam but if your waiting for a webcam, just get stuck in without, then when you get a cam… boom, here’s my face :ok_hand: You’re not gonna lose viewers by not having a webcam is what I’m saying. But you could gain more, with

Twitch or YouTube. More people go to twitch for streams, but YouTube is a more searchble site - which doesn’t matter as there’s not enough streamers to ‘get hidden’ in the sea of current streams. However if you plan to do videos also, going down the YouTube route is a decent choice. But you can play more music on twitch, so if music is important to you - go to twitch. Also with raids and hosts on twitch being apart of a ‘community’ is easier on Twitch :slight_smile:

As for your personality, you have no idea what works till you try it lol. People watch streams for players personality, people watch streams for players skill/knowledge. So as long as you’ve got some toes in those pools, you’re all set :+1:

Edit: also upload speed and nitrate is real important for a smooth stream!

3 Likes

@Ovis on! :smiley:

5 Likes

Yay … @Ovis on Twtich … finally :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@ukgrannygamer video of stream! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks @bucfanpaka! I appreciate this thread greatly, doing a great job! :fist:

3 Likes