BoundlessTrade.Net ..... What do you think?

Guys this is REALLY bad. Not for the trading. @James Would Square Enix have a view on whether you allow/encourage people to download executables and run them on their PCs. The Boundless project could get killed. This game is marketed to minors.

How long before we get a malware shop client thing? It’s not hard to make a version that starts keylogging. So all your password are sent to someone, not necessarily the person who started the software - banking details too.

@Simoyd you need to be very careful that you’re not breaking the law. Getting people to run your code on their PCs without any guarantee what it does or how it works. In the UK that would come under the Computer Misuse Act? Just be careful, please.

I used your map client. I’ve just told myself how stupid I’ve been.

I’m not misleading anyone.

adding a key logger would be breaking laws for sure.

Running someone else’s program on your computer doesn’t make them a law breaker.

3 Likes

the map client isn’t obfuscated. It’s written in c#. You can de-compile and see the source easily.

1 Like

Yeah and the blond Russian girlfriend who keeps texting me says it’s ok to download and run executables from unknown sources.

I’m not so concerned about YOUR version of it

I mean that’s bias bias but I"m just trying to help

But don’t you see what risks it poses children?

And people who use their PC to do online banking?

sure yeah I feel like I’ve proven I’m not malicious. It’s very easy to find my full name and location. I don’t hide it. If there is some issue someone has with it they can find me and I will be held responsible. I feel like that provides people with security.

You have GOT to be joking!

1 game putting a ban on 3rd party components will not change the risk of children being on the internet.

1 Like

about what?

Yes but would Square Enix want to be associated with it?

not sure. Does it matter? they aren’t associated with it. I’ve made no claims of association. The website clearly states there is no affiliation at the bottom of every page.

2 Likes

You are missing the point by miles. You need to think about this - I mean it

I would love to. What exactly should I think about?

maybe this might help. Here is the first screen of the shop client when you open it:

2 Likes

What an email to Square Enix would look like, that explained that one of their games has community members encouraging players to download and run executables linked on the official forums. Couldn’t it result in Wonderstruck getting into trouble?

why would that result in that? Doesn’t like… literally every game have utilities you could use? I’m not sure what you’re asking here.

EDIT: not trying to be rude. I just need some help understanding your perspective :S

5 Likes