BoundlessTrade.Net ..... What do you think?

Nuts. For a clearly talented developer, you’re acting like you don’t understand the risks?

Which risks are you referring to specifically? The risk of downloading a 3rd party application? or is there something else I"m still missing :frowning:

1 Like

How about my enhanced version of your shop scanner which highlight best prices

http://myfavouritehackssitethatimadeup.com

Oh and I just downloaded your version and attached a keylogger
Edit: of course I didn’t but …

ok so hypothetically if that happened, you would probably get banned and square enix probably wouldn’t care right?

Are you saying that you wouldn’t buy a game if you heard that some random person downloaded a random scam on the game’s forum?

1 Like

Well … if Wonderstruck and Square Enix are ok with it I’ll say no more. I mean these are the official forums, so it’s up to them.

His client is no different then any other client/app that you can download.
You also have mods, extensions, etc for other games.

Your argument that its possible to add a keylogger is not valid. It could happen to pretty much any program on the internet. I am sure it could also be put into games.

Its like saying, never download anything unless its fully open source. :expressionless:

1 Like

Seriously? “Ok kids, it’s open source. It’s not been verified by anyone, but it’s on the official forums. But only download the ones without malware.”

Other games have mods advertised on official forums, but I am sure the devs havent went through all of them.

No one said you have to download it.

2 Likes

I’m not talking about me downloading it. Guys, do you seriously not see a problem here?

So back to the topic…I think this is a great idea. One reason I stay away from the in game economy is a lack of information and no desire to run around 50 planets trying to find what I want and comparing prices. Rather make it myself if that is my only option.

5 Likes

And I don’t think you can compare “mods” with executables. Mods use an API provided by the vendor and don’t run their own executable.

Any kid can go on any website and download any software he wants. So I do see where you are going. Your argument is not valid in any way. Keep your kid off the internet and explain dont download anything.

And yes mods through steam. API doesnt stop everything. Just a blueprint.

2 Likes

It IS a great idea - if it was provided in-game; and for Playstation players as well; or using an official API

Most (non-pure-asset) mods i know for games involve dynamically linked third party executable code

4 Likes

I’ll take poor attempts to troll the internet that people actually fall for Alex.

Alex Trebeck, “This entire thread”

3 Likes

API mods run in the executable of the vendor’s code - they are limited to what the vendor wants.

The forge for Minecraft…an exe file that is needed for mods…developed by the community for Minecraft.

I’m happy with anything that makes looking for items to buy/sell a better experience. Currently running around the malls looking for something is a painful experience.

1 Like

Minecraft Forge - exactly …

" Another controversy came about in March 2017, when Slovakian cybercompany ESET revealed that 87 examples of trojan horses were distributed through the Google Play Store under the guise of Minecraft mods. Their purpose was to either aggressively display ads or con players into downloading other apps. Combined, these fake mods gathered over one million downloads in the first three months of 2017."

Edit: this is exactly my point. I’m staggered you’re not aware of it, or don’t see it as a risk?