C++ Build Bugs & Issues

I’ve got a weird one.

It seems like everything outside the chunk I’m standing in is going haywire – it renders differently every frame, so as I look around, it’s just a rapid flashing of weird shapes and textures all around me.

Any ideas?

I’m running Mac OS X 10.11.3
3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7
16 GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024MB

Never had this problem before!

• Teleporting to different worlds made no difference.
• I went through the graphics options and disabled/re-enabled each thing one-by-one, no one thing seemed to make a difference (draw distance made it flicker for a second, so did per pixel lighting)
• 1st or 3rd person made no difference either.

Edit: a little more testing, I tried turning off all the graphics options sequentially instead of one at a time. Per pixel was the only thing that made a difference; with PPL turned off, the effect filled the whole screen, rather than just the distance.

2 Likes

I too get this issue on my Macbook.

OS X 10.11.4
GTX 750m

I had this same issue on my Mac Desktop, but not my MacBook

Had this problem on my Mac since yesterday.

I waited 2 minutes and the block did not want to load. I became stuck in the void. I guess I had a very bad ping?

1 Like

Just watched @sHaKeNbAkE 's new YT video and noticed he had an issue when teleporting home… he’d obviously set the home location prior to placing blocks, so now when he teleports home, he gets stuck inside the blocks and cannot move (I guess until he breaks the blocks again).

Video here for reference … https://youtu.be/_1pRoOp2KIg?t=549

3 Likes

added:

• (not sure if bug but annoying) You always jump when you run up a slope.
  • Sneaking on the inner part of a wall doesn’t prevent you from falling.
  • Water “flows” at the sides of a glass block if you place it in water. (Same bug MC had for years)
  • Light shines through the connecting edge of blocks when they are placed diagonally.
  • Stonebrick textures are sometimes facing the wrong direction.
4 Likes

I had dug a cave… approximately 6x6-3 tall… and set my home in the center, and every time I Tele home, would be stuck in the wall. So I presume the coords got shifted.
Also being stuck in the wall, I would just Tele to capital and it would kill me every time.

1 Like

Same thing happens to me, then my game crash.

Not necessarily bug but, practical functionality. Pressing ‘esc’ does not close inventory/craft windows. It just opens the options window. Seems counter-intuitive.

Also, it would appear the spitters may have developed a condition:

2 Likes

yes that is correct, normal use for esc is abort any action / close any menu and open the main menu.
i hope they will fix it soon.

and in your video it hear the same like ingame that the units make to much noise, the steps from the unit are to loud. i think every time the unit is direct behind me, but if i turn around i see that the unit is on max range i can see.

1 Like

This is my TESTUS02 server now. I made it to the server through the portal from the US1 server, all fine. Attempted to teleport home and ended up well beneath the world and what looked like the edge as well. (Sorry no screenshot in time).

This error was present any time I attempt to teleport back to US2. Can not return through the portal to US2.

The server has crashed. Give it a little time and it should come back up I think.

EDIT: It happened on the EU server the other day when I was playing

I noticed that. Thanks.

We are looking into this issue today. Thanks for reporting.

Sorry about this. Can you tell me the OS and the graphics card of your Mac. Also, was the C++ version okay before yesterday. This just started to happen all the sudden?

Thanks for the bugs! I am having problems replicating the light between diagonal blocks bug. Is there any other information you could give me i.e. block type used, light source etc.

I dug up from the ground in a 1 wide stair and just under the surfaces I saw light coming through the connecting edges of the blocks above me.
So I’d assume it was silthy soil most likely with grass on top and you might need a completely dark room to see it.

Thank you for your quick reply. We shall be looking into the issue.

So… who is we?^^ Are you a Dev who just has the wrong title?^^