Can I buy a game for someone else and have it count towards an upgrade?

It seems fair if I buy it again for someone else that I should get double the alpha benefits no?

1 Like

So, the way that you do it was covered in this post.

1 Like

lol, I wish. I bought it for my best friend, then he never wants to play it. I could have upgraded instead. Wish I did.

4 Likes

Yea that’s what worries me. :confused: Like if I buy it for him, I want to get SOMETHING out of it.

I mean, you get the joy of playing with your friend? Being nice for them, is reward enough?

Yea unless they quit. Then I got that joy but my money is gone forever.

Agreed. If he is going to play, then you have a friend playing. That’s the reward. It’s when they don’t play anymore that you blew your money. But the dev’s can’t be responsible for your spending or your friends playing.

2 Likes

I rate my games value off of a per hour basis. If I spend 60 hours playing a 60$, 60/60 is a dollar per hour. I would say it’s a good return. :smiley:

2 Likes

I can’t do that because some game’s include GRIND which is more work than game play to me so I would say its 400 hours = 60 to me.

But the grind is part of the journey. :smiley: I would say that you could still find value in those moments. To me, I don’t have any sort of animosity towards the game if I’m entertained.

2 Likes

Just buy an upgrade package that provides an extra key and give a key to your friend. That way if he quits you still get the perks.

2 Likes

is the key instant so I get it?

Only Instant Access keys give you the perks and Instant Access (as the name implies).

No I meant the extra launch key, can that get in alpha?

The extra launch key is for the game when it launches. The Instant Access keys give you instant access to the alpha. So, the Launch - On Launch. Instant Access - Instant Access to the alpha.

ok and does each step give me 1 additional alpha key or is that just showing the 1 key you got from the lowest package?

That is a total. Not additional.

Ok so I have no reason to increase my package until after release. Cool, that’s what I needed to know. :stuck_out_tongue: TY!

1 Like

You’re quite welcome.

1 Like

I dont think these packages will be available after release, they are in early access only.

3 Likes