Can something be done about the weather

could be a weather control machine, that consumes no or very little fuel, maybe could need repairs over time. either beacon-wide or with a set radius.
collectible weather tokens could be a thing.
and an option to if not turn the weather off, then at least lower the effects ( sometimes the particles are a bit much, but I personally wouldn’t be opposed to even more weather and even more severe, if it can be somehow adjusted, ideally with a in-game mechanic)

3 Likes

It’s just absurd that for almost 2 years there have been busted weather effects that give people headaches, and excessive snow that hides builds.

It’s not a complicated thing to fix or anything.

I like this idea for a radius. This could be a machine that controls weather and you can upgrade it to make the radius bigger. So as to not have it conflict with other beacons just don’t let it overlap other people’s. Otherwise go back to a beacon wide one.

What happens if you have more than 1 beacon on your “property”? Beacons aligned to a guild maybe? Or perhaps you can add beacons to a list on the machine so your 5 beacons are weather controlled.

2 Likes

Alternatively, if they’re NOT going to fix it, they really need to add a seizure and migraine warning to the boundless loading screen before someone gets hurt.
@Leahlemoncakes

1 Like

Yeah the Devs need to deal with the weather as problem, and not part of the game’s challenges for us to overcome.

Meaning, with atmospheric effect as part of the game, and we use skill points to help survival of that. This weather is obviously being used as a visual distraction to make gameplay seem more difficult. I believe making your users visually impaired is not something most players enjoy. Can the weather not be fixed, is it possibly just too difficult to reanimate? If so, then having a shut off for the weather effects is much easier.

Maybe putting a new “Always Sunny In Boundless” Skill set is the best way to go with a few skill points to go towards clear weather might be our only option.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

=
5 Likes

Exactly. We already HAVE atmosphere protections in the game. We even skill up for it. Why does weather, which is PART OF THE ATMOSPHERE, have to be so gosh darn annoying with no ways outside of cumbersome RNG to overcome? Graphics settings please @Leahlemoncakes @james

1 Like

Eat a can of cat food when the weather’s bad. It’ll help you fall asleep then when you wake up the weather might be good.

1 Like

atmosphere chemical structure is one
weather is another thing

atmosphere can be poisonous due to its composition
weather is only a set of physical phenomena within any type of atmosphere

I think game is better with weather in it, although I do believe the weather system needs an overhaul.
I would want the more extreme weather to be less frequent
(especially on low tier worlds - it’s not hard to imagine a few sunny days together; so a full real time hour of sunny weather would make more sense than weather changing every few minutes, including some extreme changes like sun to snow to sun to rain to storm to snow again etc). Also some of the most eye-hurting visual effects could use tuning down for everyone’s benefit (especially those who physically suffer when looking at them).

Having seasons implemented would be very cool too - then instead of weather changing rapidly from snow to sun etc., we could have longer snowy parts when its winter (and in the northern and southern-most parts of worlds) and also summer time would offer longer period without snow.
That would also affect how people settle, avoiding near world pole areas if snow is not what one likes etc. Another element in-game that players really interact with when playing.

It could also be interesting to make weather control possible and a part of scientific progression, like special machines affecting weather in certain radius. It could be a special beacon augment. It would make more sense to me and would make it more interesting than having it as a skill (u have the skill and weather is always good - that seems too easy and would also make everyone or almost everyone to go for it; it’s never good for skill system balance to have skills in it that are “a must”).
Or maybe a weather helix? High end, really expensive to make and expensive to run weekly.

6 Likes

What about the mummy brew?

main concern in this thread is how eye-hurting some of the effects are and to look for ways to change it without using buffs (or brews), and not that the weather cant be changed to good

2 Likes

Ah. Got you.

it did lead to others to call for having weather toggle option and such
:wink:

1 Like

I feel like they added more weather…

D: but but but I Love the Snow

3 Likes

I don’t visit cookie kingdom as much as I would if there were reduced weather effects - sorry baby

I like the idea of weather. I like weather effects in Skyrim and in fallout where they’re less excessive.

The ones in boundless are just too strong. Way too strong.

2 Likes

No. This mode lacks my friends.

Indeed. I wish I could see the game via build mode without the ‘unsightly junk’ (the plot boxes). Build mode without the plot boxes would be an acceptable view for me. The snow isnt covering the pretty blocks.

I am somewhat ok with the weather, now that I am thinking more about this. The “snowcover” covering of all the pretty blocks is what I specifically despise.

1 Like

Ah, I meant the whole update, including the option to host your own private server for just you and your friends, potentially modded to fit your specific needs.

1 Like

It lacks everything I’ve done since I started boundless. I dont wanna give up my current builds. And no guarantee my friends will hop into my server where they too would have to start from scratch. (also I havent heard of this update as far as I am aware)

We don’t know how customizable the worlds will be, but one can hope we will be able to customize world weather rules. Hopefully a lot of the other things I’ve seen you request will be possible.

1 Like