Can we get ETA on road map / test release

Ah, but here’s the thing tho, he made a point of it to mention, he could not have, now he did and since it’s human nature to be curious we want to know why that particular change was important at this point in time. If he didn’t want to elaborate on it then don’t mention it…

Tho I get he’s probably enthousiastic about what posibilities it will give them yet he can’t tell us why…

Yeah he did that with me about the Sanctum change… overall I think they are trying to be as transparent they can without making things worse… sometimes these changes just need to happen for a better design. In the case of removal it will be a very good thing if it’s linked to what I think it is…

Well if they introduce private planets and a player stops paying for it, it also needs to be removed, so they need it for that as well.

But yes, I do hope it’s for more than just that…

I know I am a bit of a negative nancy today, some personal stuff is tainting my mood but also 2 of my in-game friends have decided to start playing other games from tomorrow on until more new content has been added.

This means I now have to run New Leyden Market, it’s portal network, etc. all on my own, and that at a moment that I, myself, also would love to see new things to do in the game to spruce things up and keep me interested for longer play sessions…

I love the game, I love the devs, I just hope it will be around for many years to come and had my hopes set for some very big new things in the coming weeks so I feel a tad let down by what we are getting

5 Likes

I don’t want stuff removed, but if it does happen (to make way for bigger/better things), I hope they give us a decent head’s up and a way to retrieve/gather/move our items or something.

I doubt it would be removing existing worlds. Probably temporary planets. There is a achievement for surviving on a special world, maybe that is what it is for.

2 Likes

Awesomeness :star_struck:

5 Likes

I wish people would relax and just let the content come. Coming up here to read the same complaints every day is getting old. I’m sure the devs are tired of some of yall. I don’t know anything about what it takes to run a game, especially a game like boundless. And most of you dont either. Ignore the hate and impatience and just put out quality products like you have been doing please @devs

And some may not realize it but a tutorial revamp is way more important than “new content”. Hell, for all we know they may release new content in the process

9 Likes

And, hopefully, we never do.

I hope the “add/remove world” thing is about temporary worlds that will be around for just a short time (couple weeks), which doesn’t allow building/plotting, just mining and gathering. We could get different blocks of different colors and then it’s gone. Then a new temp planet gets introduced with all new colors.

1 Like

That would be cool.

The world refactoring was done now as a foundation layer for:

1. Temporary or time limited worlds.
  2. Player worlds.
  3. Event worlds.
26 Likes

Yeahhh!! Ding dong sharita!

1 Like

Devs got us all like:
players1

4 Likes

This wasn’t in relation to moving existing player planets on the public player space. I don’t see any reason that would make sense. They can run multiple planets on a server and built their planet design with the assumption that these planets would stay around until the sun blows up…

1 Like

Temporary or time limited worlds.

Event worlds.

Yay!! Beyond yay! super awesome.

I’m not looking forward to the strife this is likely to cause on this board when details come out, lol.

1 Like

As you said, I hate to say this but you are utterly clueless yourself. This game was released way earlier than they planned on because of funding issues. I bought it originally on the PS4 with the belief that rental worlds were already ready to go because they literally said that.

This game was in no way shape or form ready for ‘release’ when they did but they had no other choice.

They are doing something absolutely critical. They’re addressing huge new player issues that are immediately causing a player retention problem. Their metrics clearly show the turnover of new players is horrendous. So of course that’s what they should address first. People who have been playing a while and claim boredom of no new content will, as with most online games, come back when new content is added.

Tl:dr-
New player retention is clearly their biggest issue right now and addressing new player road blocks, such as getting lost due to overwhelming portal systems, is more important than adding content.

5 Likes

Titan planets :astonished:

If we can have a rented planet connected to the main universe but restrict other players from beaconing I’ll sign up day one. It would be great to not have to hear complaining about how many plots my player group has claimed and how we aren’t developing our settlement fast enough…

4 Likes

I can see this. As long as any connected planets, including player planets, can be mined by others, I think it’ll keep the balance.

I fear players want to both be connected to the larger universe and still restrict who can mine there. They are going to be…erm…annoyed when they realize that can’t happen/is game breaking.

2 Likes

With 48+ plus planets, I don’t see anything from a rented planet becoming “game-breaking”. If I rent a planet, I assume I will be able to control who can/can’t be there, who can/can’t break blocks, place blocks, etc. Otherwise, there’s no point in having them.

1 Like