CANCELED: Forging Changes

Wish i could find them easy to forge, obviously im missing something in the steps lol but definitely make more bad forges than good

Because the prices remain far too high. Anyone selling gems for more than 300c or forged tools for over 10k are just fooling themselves.

1 Like

Yeah, the only problem is if someone has to buy a forged hammer for 14k and persisting pies at 2k a piece and only comes back with 40-50 gems, then they have to price high to at least break even.

I think their is a lot of flexibility with this depending on what they spent to get those gems.

1 Like

And with a larger deck size we might actually be able to try to counteract quirks/defects more.

Iā€™ve been looking in using different mats for cheap forging so moved away for cheaper items from draining boon and vigour catalyst for those (not for my high end stuff tho) and I found it indeed funny that I now finally got my first defects and quirks on gear. So yeah, itā€™s understandable that the devs want to make some changes we all get to get them more often!

But, I already am 1 or 2 slots short most of the time while forging and that is for the perfect expensive type, so when that changes to added quirks/defects and I canā€™t add anything to my deck to counteract them (somewhat) then I will be annoyed to no end.

So I would be okay with certain changesā€¦

Letā€™s say you leave Draining Boon 1/2 and Vigour Catalyst functioning as is but, and I hate to say this, make them slightly more costly to make. This means we do have the possibility to do really high end gem gear if we are willing to throw more mats/coin at it.

Add at least 4 more slots to the deck size. Heck, use the number of Power for the Centraforge to increase the deck size or something! Right now I donā€™t see much point to have it go to 7200 Power at all.

Add some new boon compounds that are definitely cheaper to make than Draining Boon but with additional risks of Quirks and Defects, due to the extra deck size we can add more components to try to counteract a lot of them. Perhaps make it so that even with this it could be possible with a lot of mats spending on differen catalysts/solvents/etc. to get the perfect gear.

Itā€™s also cute they think of a Resin where we get the un-forged gear back anyways but that will take up another precious deck slot!

I also liked the comment above about re-doing Quirks and Defects, make Quirks more like Quirks instead of another set of Defects. And tie the Defects to the Boons we got (or want)ā€¦

energizing / invigorating foods do that. added :+1:

weā€™d still have quirk removal solvent? so no worries on that front, 100% chance of it being possible. :+1:

Same way it was done at launch? with normal tools. :+1:

i.e. broken balance.
Also, blink, rift, darkmatter, level 7&8 worlds, titansā€¦ the endgame is still coming :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The issue is why should higher grade forges be punished when they are supposed to be better then lower ones that should have drawbacks because of their cost and time to make with their required items.

Itā€™s just you donā€™t do low end forging at this time and there are not enough new people coming into the game to make that a focus right now really.

This is a huge issue with the economy being in the way it is as very few people are being added to the game to keep it stable not to mention there is no drain on resources right now for the higher levels thus being able to farm massive amounts of gems while using only a very little amount of them.

They need to figure out ways to increase the player count as many people have posted suggestions for in here and discord and a resource drain such as the new guild system requiring resources to be spent on for the buffs provided they are not game breaking such as a slight movement speed or base attraction range for instance with different tiers needing more resources and itā€™s a weekly upkeep or such.

Oh my goodness SO MUCH THIS! I was just wishing last night that I had a food that could make me move faster (that, or being able to move more quickly on roads/build pathways)!

1 Like

This could be a good replacement for magic like in other mmoā€™s. Pretty sure this game wonā€™t be having magic abilities and stuff.

Mateā€¦I spent a fortune buying aoe hammers in anticipationā€¦what have you done to me :((((

3 Likes

Thanks for boosting the economy. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Premature speculationā€¦

2 Likes

Now you have to resell them for half the cost you bought them. Its only right

Lol, delayed April fools!

2 Likes

They are ā€˜comingā€™ in about 2 years. But they are not here NOW. This change, however, would have effected things NOW and, and as shown by many of the people in this thread, it wasnā€™t just me that had a problem with it.

Also notice, this changed wasnā€™t even asked, or suggested. They cancelled it, yes, but until then this was going to be a 100% change that no one was going to have a say about, unlike with Buying and Selling Beacons, or Protection for Beacons, and so on.

This was brought up as ā€œHere are the changes, deal with itā€, and not ā€œHere is a suggestion we were thinking about. What do you all suggest?ā€

Theyā€™ve done this alot, with Adding stuff to Recipies, Bomb Mining, and many other changes.

Iā€™m glad they asked for feedback on some, but if they didnā€™t make this post, how would it have gone if it went live without a word? Especially if they ā€˜Forgotā€™ to add it to the patchnotes till an hour later.

Many people were freaking out and upset just knowing this ā€˜WASā€™ going to be added, imagine if it DID get added. How many end game players would have just left the game, instead of talking about it on the forums. And even if people Did talk, how long would it be before the Devs would revert the change, or change it again to fix it? a week? 4 weeks? 12?

What if they sat on it for 6 months, what if they never changed it and just wanted to see peopleā€™s reaction when the T7 and T8 worlds come out? If they ever do. At this rate, I think the game will be dead-dead by the time they add any actual new content to the game. I mean, the game is already dead as is, and being dragged through the mud.

3 Likes

I actually bought them to use them, i just thought theyd shoot to 80-100k and figured I should future proof myselfā€¦owell, itā€™s not all bad, likely would have ended up buying this amount over the next 3 months anyway

instead of messing with the recipes, which are already set and people have planned and prepared for,
why not increase the drop rate of these ā€œrareā€ drops?
has anyone considered that?
what are the downsides of this? some of us will have (and will collect) more than others, great, that always happens, now someone has a better supply of ingredients to forgeā€¦ might change the prices and the economy will fluctuate and be different than it is nowā€¦ that is a good thing though. more items in the community is a good thing.
the stupid rarity of nearly everything is one of the main reasons Iā€™ve pretty much stopped playing. (among many others but im not gonna go off topic.)

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to think about how to do this properly.

it seems there is nothing to look forward to? tha would indeed be unfortunate.

At least weā€™ll be getting farming :slight_smile:

1 Like

But, if I remember, it wonā€™t be like normal farming, not like in Minecraft, Ark, Graveyard Keeper, or other games with Farming.

So tho it has the same name ā€˜Farmingā€™, it isnā€™t even what we actually want. That alone already makes me dread what horrible grind they are going to impliment. Cause I was hoping to make massive farms to farm up some Fiberish Leaves without having to take a 2 minute walk to another planet to farm them at random, if someone else hasnā€™t visited first.

1 Like

Rather than getting out the gigantic nerf bat and slugging away, you need to have a way to get to the higher end forged items. With these changes, there would have been no real way to get to higher end forges without some very bad quirks. Are there too many plus 300 forges happening? Make it more expensive material wise. Or with this change, add deck slots so players have to work in quirk reducing. Forging needs a complete overhaul in the end since ideally there should be multiple ways to reach a high tier item, with varying costs in materials to limit the rng.