CANCELED: Forging Changes

Or remove the vigour and stability cost completely, and just increase the materials required to craft those solvents.

1 Like

Uuuhhh! I like it

1 Like

It would definitely improve the economy surrounding solvent materials. Make it so you can spam these solvents to get what you want, at the cost of materials. Would boost the desire for the materials through the roof as well, giving people more ways for gatherers to make money.

Only problem are those damn feathers!

They could remove those, or lower amount needed. And then increase the other materials greatly.

I only posted in another thread a few hours ago something very similar. It seems a lot of people are invested in this and that the Devs should perhaps hold a genuine suggestion thread for a week or so, and then maybe go to the polls and see what the community thinks, though Im not sure how they can engage the broader community and not just the regulars on the forumā€¦ Any Devs care to chime in @rossstephens @james

Honestly, the poll system on here is flawed. Only those who frequent the forums get to vote. I think we need a way to vote ingame.

A suggestion on this is adding a menu option for voting for features. Like sayā€¦ earn 100 cubits for voting on a current poll avail, with there being a little thing on the top of the screen with a message ā€œfeature poll available. Please press ā€œbuttonā€ to vote and earn cubits.ā€ or something like that. Make it so ALL players are involved instead of just those of us who frequent the forum.

8 Likes

Totally agree

We do have to create an account to play though, so if there was perhaps a notification on game startup pointing people this way for a period to vote, that could help

Wow after reading the possible proposed changes to forging this seems incredibly ill fated. It does 2 things. First it gives the impression that forging is somehow easy and secondly that every single Forge is a total success with very high tier results. Frankly it takes a while to really learn how to consistently forge high quality items. And even with that RNG is still a factor that cripples or at times makes some forges completely useless. If this new system is implemented it will turn forging into an outright gamble. And worse yet and expensive one. Since the items used to forge equipment are more expensive that the items themselves. This is seriously going in the wrong direction real fast. For some reason the aim lately seems to be making the game as difficult as possible for those who already play and making things impossible for anyone whoā€™s new. Simply put this would be a very unwelcomed change.

7 Likes

Omg how awsome this would be!!

I mean i seriously mean that those that play the game the most (which often are those that use the most money) should have a litte more to say then the random play maybe 20-60min a week kinda player. Which is way taking the temp on subjects on the forums aint so bad.

But ingame, would be awsome.

I want to be able to do that for my planet as viceroy! I would ask such rubish.

Id have my planet vote over my dinner!! I cant explain how disturbingly pleasurable that would be for me.

I hope this doesnt awaken something in me.

1 Like

Aye. Their goal since 1.0 launch has been to make people not want to play their game. Itā€™s a shame to, cause I love Boundless. But even after several of my threads that they themselves have replied to, they still follow this ā€œnerf the funā€ campaign for some reason. Listen to your players, not your out of touch coders. And by listen to your players, I mean all of them. Not just those of us who are annoyingly vocal I know iā€™m annoying

4 Likes

I believe the idea with forging was to keep it interactive and unpredictable from the start? otherwise itā€™s just a crafting machine that you have to waste time in front of? if we remove RNG, then thereā€™s no point in having the forge do what it does currently, it could be just another machine right? with recipes for mats and outcome. zero interaction, no emotional investment, just grind for mats and afk during crafting?

Iā€™m not being facetious, I would really like to know if this is what people want from the forge? If you have some other expectation of how such a bland process would be any more intereasting than mass crafting rock, could anyone elaborate?

1 Like

Personally, Iā€™d like the system from Star Wars: the Old Republic. Go to the forge, and select the stats you want, and be able to somehow work them into slots on the tool. So if you have enough materials, you can strong arm the outcome instead of being forced into RNG.

2 Likes

Yes. Friends donā€™t let friends RNG.

2 Likes

it burns when I PvP. :rofl:

I think its a symptom of todays gamers being a little to much spoonfed and handheld through games. Ive had one major hook accept this game and thats dark souls. Which is kinda an polar reaction to the mainstream handhelding thats been going on. But it got polluted by maknstream gamers and their opinions. I played Mainly 1 and 2 ofc number 3 too but by then the game got destroyed by casuals and yeh the game died, almost noone online activity now, they played it safe one too many times with their changes.

People dont get how dull games become if their dumbed down, they dont realise it untill its too lateā€¦

3 Likes

Heard about this game, it seemed like a bueatifull game at its peak. Really wish something like this could come out m.

Yup, the other ingredients need to be buffed to provide similar advantages and reward thinking about what you need to use, not making it so that you know no matter what you have to accept a mid tier tool at end game or be punished for wanting the high end stuff. Forging should be end game and restricted to players who can get there.

If they want earlier access for players to forging then the inexperienced forgers results should be quirky and defective, not the master forgers. And to get this experience difference you could do with needing more skill points for more forging skills that reduce chances of landing a slider into defects and things like that. Like a passive fate paste as a skill that needs 20 skillpoints or something. Call it forgers luck, have it require having specced fully into the other forge tied stats too, like how rage 1 and 2 can only be unlocked by getting base rage

2 Likes

There is nothing ā€œdumbed downā€ by this. RNG is for drops. There should never be RNG in crafting. Especially when crafting iyems that last no more than an hour.

Or, if there is, it should be based on skill level. Someone with ā€œmaxā€ crafting skill should NEVER encounter RNG. Ever.

1 Like