CANCELED: Forging Changes

Or even if they just rebalanced it to make it more skill and strategy based. So it’s harder to make a perfect hammer but when you do, you feel accomplished rather than “ugh finally rng wasn’t horrible to me”. Make endgame more challenging and skill based rather than making it more random and grind based. How well you do in a game should be based on skill, not how much time you can sink into grinding things.

2 Likes

I do like having more flexibility though, flexibility mmmm.

Is that the same as effectiveness?

STOP NERFING

Keep the draining boon compound like it is now. Or bring back the old skool bomb mining. I want to be able to make efficient tools to mine huge amounts of stuff, not having to grind with subpar stuff because people want “balance”. I don’t want balance, i want result and grinding which is actually fun instead of havint to waste hours to get the usefull stuff.

2 Likes

There are no forged tools on the economy right now so thats a good thing right?

I am sorry but forcing people to deal with defects and quirks on higher end forging is 100% the opposite way to go.

Low level forging can have these with cheaper forge components provided they are actually cheap enough for people to use until they get higher level to craft better forge items.

You should not kill high end forging like this as that’s the point of more expensive forges to get better tools and such and not worse.

Not to mention this is going to be a huge pain for people trying to buy tools as they will have to check every tool they look at and make shopping even more of a mess.

Plus people will have stockpiled on the good forges already and it won’t hurt them for a long time and yet again the low / middle ground players will suffer and quit.

You keep nerfing things that people are using and mostly add cosmetic items like the past few patches other then the updated buggy atlas and you keep killing your community.

Stop doing this.

6 Likes

for me a (very well) Forged item should be able to be better than an unforged higher tier item.
this makes this all more fluid, if you calculate in the efford and mats of forging the lower tier tool then its not unbalanced, because more efford → better tool.

i stopped using iron tooles when i used titan and silver a few times.
even on tier 1 world i dont use iron anymore, so plz stop using the term “everyone”.

1 Like

:warning::warning:
Due to the mixed feedback we are putting this on hold and i have updated the OP. I will continue to read more of the feedback tomorrow morning, and in the meantime get back to my dinner before it goes cold! Have a good evening folk

18 Likes

When will this change come?

1 Like

Not now, apparently. That didn’t take long.

can we still have a trashcan?

15 Likes

OMG BAHAHAHA!!! Great just great

Add skill to the forging process, maybe change something to do with the crafting mechanic to add at least a bit of skill to it. Idk I just think they should focus on balancing things by adding a challenge to the players skill rather than just making things more annoying. I’m not a game designer so I’m not sure how exactly to do that but im sure there are people on here with great ideas for it. Like the person who talked about the different hammers having different perks. Or the one about making quirks more of a positive and negative rather than just a negative (so you might actually want to use a tool with a quirk over a tool without that quirk depending on circumstances).

Devs got it hard. Balancing a game is one thing. Balancing a game around a player made economy is even harder.

3 Likes

Puts on Tinfoil Hat

What if this was just a ploy to stimulate the economy by creating a run on Forged tools as well as the materials to make them?

2 Likes

KUDOS to the devs for recognizing bad direction based on community feedback and being willing to move in a different direction. Well done!

11 Likes

Jokes on then, I had no coin to begin with!

1 Like

It would have been nice to see this update on testing but not necessarily release it to live.

3 Likes

I agree on everything you said, almost wish we could vote you into being a community manager!

It’s what…9pm over there on UK timezone. And the devs are still at work? If that isn’t a sign of dedication to the development of the game then I don’t know what is.

9 Likes

You want her to keep playing the game. Not quit it.

1 Like