Candy totem bummer (special totems suggestion)

While its cool we get these special totems.

Could it be possible to add something actually Special to them? Like gleambow totem would turn blocks to random color or something?

Mass craft for these is 90 each cane (a lot) considering how you get example red canes.
Doesnt rly make you wanna do a set of 600 base dmg totem that just “looks cool”.

I was first excited when i heard theres gonna be totems, but personally im gonna pass these.
Theres nothing new… just different
skin.
Thoughts?

4 Likes

was excited, lost desired tint, wasting canes…

Yeah, maybe make them easier to forge than other totems. I would happily switch to ‘magical candy cane’ for solidifying purposes.

4 Likes

Solidifies water into syrup :joy:

4 Likes

I initially thought they would be placeable. Aaaah.

Placed white candy seed on white ice and it came out as Cold Berry!
Not wasting any more time on them :wave:t3:

3 Likes

There is 2 different ones.
Plant one and totem.

1 Like

What we need though is a candy exo with candycane fields!!!

5 Likes

Here i go again and bump this thing up.

1 Like

well, guess in a way all the totems are special in their own way.
Gleambow totems are the only thing that can damage gleambow meteors.
Wayfarer totems being a general titanium tier tool+only crafted by backers.
Candy totems being the only totem that can have different colors… and you grow them as crops/have color mutations.

I know these candy totems are expensive (90 red canes for 25 seeds) and the color mutation isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but personally I just look at it as one of those expensive vanity items that pretty much most games have and enjoy the color mutations giving me unexpected colors on some.

i dont know did they change the mass craft rates… cause i havent even bothered to check…
and the reason is cause its not interesting to craft a totem that has same base dmg as some regular totem wich for me is not something i desire…

i crafted over 5k gleambow totems just because they are better than regular ones and have actual “use” for being good multitool in lower tier.

this was a suggestion from me … from last christmas… no answer as you can see… this is why i bumped this

Love the idea maybe something to do with sprays or something like that. “spray augment” or “Gleambow augment”?

1 Like

the ratio if lucky for color is like 2 off 25 totems come out like you want

only two out of 25? that sounds wrong. I’ve been using the Goo mutator to do my colors. it was more like 12 out of 25 or something around that. with farming epic, you often get more than one totem from the crop, so i usually ended up with 2+ stacks of the color totem I aimed for per mass craft of seeds.

I think the point was more showing that you dont even get the color you want.
First waste 90canes To mass craft Then end up having pile of poop

For some people yeah. Like I said, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

Personally tho, I do like the random variants of colors I get, most of them isn’t too bad, or are pretty good as well. Of course, i’m only using my red canes for totems so I have a lot of them for them to be a huge problem, but I can see how people can be very unhappy that they used the limited amount of red canes they have for totems to get a color they don’t want.

Thats the thing… Mass craft still reguires 90 canes?
As solo player Who doesnt hunt… The price of it is absurd.

Theres no alternative ways To gain these canes.

Its always been through hunting wich For player like me is really frustrating.

Thats why i dont even bother with This event.

Also as said Last year… The totems simply are not worth To craft as they have nothing Special In them

True, the price is absurd, which will get even more so after the event ends. But the same appies to oorts if you don’t hunt, and hunting is a part of the game, you can’t really complain you can’t get something for not doing a part of the game for it. It’s like saying. ‘I don’t like mining, so I don’t mine. But i can’t get gems so it’s absurd!’

As for the totems, true, there’s nothing really special about those totems that make them better than the others (other than being able to have colors). But the thing about games is that everything isn’t about functionality. There are these illogical things called ‘vanity items’ that pretty much are worthless yet sought after by players for whatever reason. Like the Party hats in Runescape, or many other examples. Some people think the totems are cute and pretty, so there becomes a demand for them, and with the availability of canes comes the high price for it. I’ve already had a trade deal where somebody paid me in red canes just to get a stack of totems in the color he wanted. I got slightly more canes than I used for them and whatever extra colors of totems i got from growing them, he got the totems he wanted without going through the frustration of trying to grow them in that color and getting them forged. It really just boils down to if you want something and are willing to go through the trouble for it, or not if you don’t want them.

1 Like

I’m suffering the same at the moment. I really wanna try and make some totems as its my first oortmas event but between work and family commitments I’m hardly ever online long enough at the minute. Let alone am I online at the right time for group snowball hunts. :pensive:

Edit: don’t get me wrong, I WILL get some time over the holiday period, I just wanna get some growing! :joy:

Yes i can and i will. theres difference between event item and item thats permanent In game.

You cannot compare oort and canes…

You have around 2weeks To get canes.
With oort you have no time limit.