Candy totem bummer (special totems suggestion)

Technically not true. We can still reliably expect the event to drop around winter even if we missed it, so it’ll will be available again. What you can’t expect is exo-only colors, you never know when it’ll appear, nor when you’ll be able to get it again if you missed one…

What color totems are you looking for, I can trade with you if you’re willing.

1 Like

You cannot be seriously comparing canes To oort.

You can get oort 24/7.

With canes you have time limit… What part you dont understand?

While I agree that it’s too expensive, being a totem that can have color in itself is already special. Not everything has to be about stats or unique effects.

There’s nothing wrong with not having alternate ways to gain the canes, considering they’re literally an event item revolving around snowball fight meteors. As Kokuma pointed out, it’s like asking that gems and metals should drop from other sources for the people that don’t mine, or asking oort to drop from other sources for people that don’t hunt. Whether it’s time limited or not doesn’t matter much, the event revolves around snowball hunts.

Also, keep in mind that the game is an MMO, it shouldn’t always cater to solo players.

Exactly, that’s the thing. Oorts are an everyday item. the candycanes (and the things crafted from them) are ‘seaonal’ items. They’re really meant to be used for that season, in this case, Oortmas/Christmas. While i do agree the drop rates are very low, for the purpose of being used for seasonal decor, you do get a somewhat decent amount. What the problem is right now with people is that they’re trying to farm the red canes to last them the whole year.

I dont see any problem with that.

If you can sure go For it.

Everyone can have their opinions here and mine is just different.

There isn’t a problem with people trying to do so, rather, it’s a given people will try to do that with any time-limited items. What i’m talking about is in the game design level, devs don’t plan seasonal events that will last the whole year just by participating them once. It’s not going to be a ‘seasonal’ event at that point, would it? What i’m talking about is about the people that doesn’t understand that and are thinking it’s a given that they should be able to farm them to last the whole year easily. And from what I read, the high spooky orbs drop rate for the Halloween event didn’t help with this matter.

Actually there has been somewhat seripus talk about oort being mineable.

Haven’t seen those aside from as part of a balance change for boundless multiverse update (which is not meant to be MMO), but either way there’s a lot of things in the game that can only be obtained doing certain things without alternative ways, and they’re still ok.

Also there are gems and metals from other sources.

Mainly hunting and events, though.

When you have played the game over 3 years you
Gonna change your mind about how we get stuff.

Also the community is small.
Theres like 2 Or 3 hunting groups that are doing it on regular Basic…

Me being In EU and not having 8 hours a day To play makes me the tiny ant screaming For help. Cause theres literally no EU hunts currently. Sure its not People fault but just saying that the community is small and it makes specific People to hoard it so…abd Then sell them For “overprice” wich is saw Last year… Some People were asking 1k per cane. So Wheres the fun again?

Yes they are cause again they are permanent features.

I get it if i need to mine gems… I get if i need to harvest plants.

We 2 have completely different opinions about this i see

Well, I do agree the price is high, and the limited drop rate nor the obtainable method doesn’t help. Adding more methods to obtain them or increasing the drop rates a bit to make them more available wouldn’t hurt.

Tbh, the 1k per cane really isn’t that high considering how low the drop rates are, they’re even lower than rough oort drop rates. But yes, this all goes back to making them more available and i do agree with that. It is a seasonal event item after all, no point if it’s unavailable for some people. I’m just saying it does have to have a limit to a point, and not jacked up all the way like some people want it, nor make it available all year round.

Have you checked Brown Town hunts done by @Bethlehem? She’s from UK, that should be EU times. I do join a lot of hunts, and honestly I found the most hunts are done around EU times. Got a list of them here.Exo Hunt at Gamma Gemis Dec16 canceled - #16 by Kokuma

Yesp no good times For my timezone.
3pm
4pm
4am
5am
8am.

Thats a gg

Sure Maybe if you are like nolife gamer Or you wanna live unhealthy not getting good sleepyou can attend those but People with actual duties are out of the box

So if you are calling those EU hunts
. We are still fckd

We hunt at 8pm UTC.

Thats just too late For me.
Im on +2 zone so 10pm For me.

The hunting scene is packed, there are many hunts at many different times. Grandeur hunt at 7pm your time.

Yes, I believe the red canes are stupidly difficult to obtain. A two hour hunt wont get you more than 200 even in a hunt group of 50+

Also believe the event drops far too late for people who have responsibilities and obligations at christmas time.

But also dont think it’s a reason to attack anybody elses lifestyle and throw shade on the amount of time some people play.

4 Likes

I don’t see the problem - enough people do the hunts, and those that do are getting enough candy canes. I can only speak for Brown hunts, but Beth has people from AUS, Asia, EU USE and USW timezones all managing to make it.

If you want a thing, you gots to work for it! Or, if you want everything handed to you, go buy a creative sovereign :wink:

Im speaking For myself… And obviously wasnt meant To Hurt anyones feelings.

1k doesn’t sound bad, I would buy those canes for that price. If you still like mining it is profitable way spend time to get items you need from market.